10-04-2016 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
RE: Keith Willams
Visited UD last, I wonder if that's good or bad for UC?

10-04-2016 10:06 AM
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I Root For: The Bearcats
(10-04-2016 10:06 AM)Crewdogz Wrote:  Visited UD last, I wonder if that's good or bad for UC?

He followed Mick on Twitter this morning, FWIW.

10-04-2016 10:52 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Be nice to keep the New York Pipeline going.

10-04-2016 12:58 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Here is KW in some short videos most probably haven't seen yet.

[url=https://itsovertime.com/username/_keith2_/url]

I swear he gets up over the rim so quickly and effortlessly it looks like he is playing on a 9 ft basket.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 01:34 PM by Eastside_J.)
10-04-2016 01:27 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
He will be a binturong...... class is really starting to shape up nice in 2017.

10-04-2016 02:56 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Trevor Moore
Eliel Nsoseme
Keith Williams

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 03:25 PM by Bearcat2012.)
10-04-2016 03:24 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
Williams is official. Shaping up to be a strong class.

10-04-2016 05:56 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(10-04-2016 05:56 PM)geef Wrote:  Shaping up to be a strong class.

Really? This class is no different than any of Micks last half dozen. Good enough to get UC to 20 wins, a tourney berth and a 2nd round exit.

I like Mick and I think he works his tail off but something needs to change or something lucky needs to happen to alter this cycle. Conference change ... Mick learning how to coach offense ... an unsuspected deep run in the tournament ... a major recruit falling in UC's lap...etc. Otherwise it's just gonna be more of the same.

10-05-2016 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
I believe Williams is going to be a very good Bearcat. Our best player in this class.

10-05-2016 09:39 AM
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-05-2016 09:36 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  

Really? This class is no different than any of Micks last half dozen. Good enough to get UC to 20 wins, a tourney berth and a 2nd round exit.

I like Mick and I think he works his tail off but something needs to change or something lucky needs to happen to alter this cycle. Conference change ... Mick learning how to coach offense ... an unsuspected deep run in the tournament ... a major recruit falling in UC's lap...etc. Otherwise it's just gonna be more of the same.

What are you talking about? Jarron Cumberland is a major recruit. Jermaine Lawrence was a major recruit. That's 2 Top 50 guys right there.

10-05-2016 09:41 AM
Advertisement

levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:

I don't want to denigrate any of these kids, because I know almost nothing about them. But what I do know is than that they aren't highly ranked by the recruiting services. Sometimes those types of players really are diamonds in the rough, and I actually think Cronin has been able to hit on more of those players than most, but it's a nearly impossible way to build an elite team.

Think about how hard it is to find overlooked high school kids and mold them into a team that can compete with squads full of obviously super-talented recruits being coached by the top college coaches. It's actually pretty remarkable that Cronin has had the success he has.

So while these three kids may be the next Caupain, Clark, and Kilpatrick, to take this program to the next level, the recruiting has to improve. It's really the only way to make that step. Hopefully a new arena is the first big building block, with a legitimate conference the final piece.

Now, saying that, I'm hyped about this year's team and think they could be REALLY good.

10-05-2016 09:55 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-05-2016 09:55 AM)levydl Wrote:  

I don't want to denigrate any of these kids, because I know almost nothing about them. But what I do know is than that they aren't highly ranked by the recruiting services. Sometimes those types of players really are diamonds in the rough, and I actually think Cronin has been able to hit on more of those players than most, but it's a nearly impossible way to build an elite team.

Think about how hard it is to find overlooked high school kids and mold them into a team that can compete with squads full of obviously super-talented recruits being coached by the top college coaches. It's actually pretty remarkable that Cronin has had the success he has.

So while these three kids may be the next Caupain, Clark, and Kilpatrick, to take this program to the next level, the recruiting has to improve. It's really the only way to make that step. Hopefully a new arena is the first big building block, with a legitimate conference the final piece.

Now, saying that, I'm hyped about this year's team and think they could be REALLY good.

I'd expect/hope there will be an uptick in quality of recruits (by the recruiting services grades) when Fifth Third Arena is renovated. Hard to sell top tier recruits on playing in a glorified high school gym when several other schools on their plate are in those 21st century venues.

10-05-2016 10:33 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Not to mention we reportedly have one of the worst locker rooms in the country. Doesn't sound like a big deal but that's where players like to hang out; things like that make a difference to recruits. Recruiting needs to pick up when we have the amenities everyone else already has.

10-05-2016 11:08 AM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs

I like the class, and I like how it complements our current roster. We have a good shooter, a banger with the looks of a classic Bearcat, and a raw big man who shows promise. I would love one more impact kid in this class, but our current roster feels like the deepest and most well-balanced in Mick's era. These guys add to it well, IMO.

10-05-2016 11:41 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

UC's far and away best player over the past decade was a 3* recruit not even ranked in the top 150.

Darnell Wilks, Anthony McClain were 4 stars. Jermaine Lawrence was a 5 star.

Hell, Kevin Johnson was rated higher than Troy Caupain.

Obviously I'd like to see UC in on some highly rated 5 star guys but I don't think that's releastoc. McDonalds AA's pretty much go to U.K., KU, Duke, Arizona. A few here and there go elsewhere like UNC and Michigan State.

After those Top 10-15 guys it's all a crapshoot in regards to where a player is actually ranked. It's a good guide, but shouldn't be take for gospel. It's just an educated guess.

10-05-2016 11:50 AM
Advertisement

Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

Donators
(10-05-2016 09:55 AM)levydl Wrote:  

I agree it is REALLY hard to scoop up diamonds in the rough. Much easier if a lot of 4 and 5 star guys have you on their short lists of desirable programs before you even call them.

We aren't there - truthfully we have never really been there.

Cronin getting a couple more guys in the NBA and improving facilities will help.

That said - this guy should be really good. To put it in some perspective, Chad at BCJ said he may be in the running for NYC's top player award next year when he is a senior.

Chad said of the guys we have had on our recruit list - Williams is the guy he wanted them to get most of all. That is pretty huge because Chad has seen play several times against top level AAU competition.

I like the fact that he can defend 2-3 positions and was routinely assigned the opposing teams top scorer.

His level of fanfare and recruiting hype reminds me of Jacob Evans. Evans was a low 4 star. There were no blue bloods calling on Evans. Now he is seen as having NBA potential - every program in the country would want him on their roster now.

I am excited about this years team too - I think we should be very good and very fun to watch.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 11:56 AM by Eastside_J.)
10-05-2016 11:54 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
I'm really excited about this year also. Basketball is won with high end talent and while we've had good deep rosters we haven't had enough all conference type players. Returning a first team senior PG, defensive POY and second team post player, and a wing player who may be more talented than both of them is something we haven't had in a long time. I have concerns with PG play when Troy rests but that's about it. My expectation is complete for conference title and have a chance to make an NCAA run.

10-05-2016 12:05 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

Donators
BTW - when talking about the 2017 class you guys are probably forgetting about PG transfer from Sacred Heart, Cane Broome. (Maybe you aren't - I know I keep forgetting)

Broome will sit out this year and have two years remaining so in 2017 we bring in:

Broome PG
Nsoseme PF/C
Trev Moore- SF
Keith Williams SG (Wing)

Broome averaged 23PPG at Sacred Heart. Yeah - he won't do that here with all the other scorers around him. But it is good to have a lead guard that CAN score 30+ a game.

10-05-2016 12:15 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
(10-05-2016 12:15 PM)Eastside_J Wrote:  BTW - when talking about the 2017 class you guys are probably forgetting about PG transfer from Sacred Heart, Cane Broome. (Maybe you aren't - I know I keep forgetting)

Broome will sit out this year and have two years remaining so in 2017 we bring in:

Broome PG
Nsoseme PF/C
Trev Moore- SF
Keith Williams SG (Wing)

Broome averaged 23PPG at Sacred Heart. Yeah - he won't do that here with all the other scorers around him. But it is good to have a lead guard that CAN score 30+ a game.

It's times like this I miss chatter and his multitude of lineups...

When UC wants to go Big:

Player
Player
Player
Player
Player

When UC wants to go to a 3 guard offense:

Player
Player
Player
Player
Player

etc. etc.

10-05-2016 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.