Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tom Herman to Texas
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Tom Herman to Texas
SI reporting Strong out after the season. Herman natural fit. You heard it here first.
10-03-2016 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
RE: Tom Herman to Texas
He gone. Bad for the AAC
10-03-2016 07:41 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Even the Houston fans know that if Texas opens Herman is gone. I was hoping they would win this year, but that win over ND that got them all that hype has now proven to just be a win over a bad team. I just hope it doesn't become an obvious distraction like when Fuente pretty much had accepted the VT job and Memphis faded.
10-03-2016 07:47 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
[Image: tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 07:53 AM by shere khan.)
10-03-2016 07:52 AM
mdastro Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LSU
It will of course be a distraction. Two losses minimum for cooger hi.
10-03-2016 07:52 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
I honestly think Houston would be invited to the Big 12 if Texas was doing well under Strong, but I think that it ends up that the want his coach bad enough to help kill expansion. Herman gets $5 million if Houston goes to the Big 12... Texas has the clout to kill the hole thing, get their coach and then maybe add teams at a later time.
10-03-2016 07:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Link to SI article:

http://www.campusrush.com/charlie-strong...50332.html

EXCERPTS:

A high-ranking Texas official said on Sunday night that Strong is "very close" to losing his job at the end of the season after back-to-back road losses to Cal and Oklahoma State. The official said that there will be no move made during the year on Strong....

With Strong expected to be gone at the end of this season, the stage is set for one of the most robust coaching carousels in the past decade. There's an expectation that jobs could open at Texas, Auburn, USC and Oregon to join the opening at LSU....

Texas is expected to target Houston coach Tom Herman as its top choice. LSU is expected to target both Herman and Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher. If Herman ends up as the top target for both, it will be fascinating to see which one he chooses....

Who else from there? South Florida's Willie Taggart could make a move with another strong season. Matt Wells at Utah State is still highly regarded out West. Temple's Matt Rhule is the top young coach in the Northeast, but no job of significance may open up in that footprint. Memphis's Mike Norvell has acclimated to head coaching quickly. Scott Satterfield at Appalachian State is well regarded in coaching circles.
10-03-2016 08:10 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(10-03-2016 08:10 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Link to SI article:

EXCERPTS:

A high-ranking Texas official said on Sunday night that Strong is "very close" to losing his job at the end of the season after back-to-back road losses to Cal and Oklahoma State. The official said that there will be no move made during the year on Strong....

With Strong expected to be gone at the end of this season, the stage is set for one of the most robust coaching carousels in the past decade. There's an expectation that jobs could open at Texas, Auburn, USC and Oregon to join the opening at LSU....

Texas is expected to target Houston coach Tom Herman as its top choice. LSU is expected to target both Herman and Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher. If Herman ends up as the top target for both, it will be fascinating to see which one he chooses....

Who else from there? South Florida's Willie Taggart could make a move with another strong season. Matt Wells at Utah State is still highly regarded out West. Temple's Matt Rhule is the top young coach in the Northeast, but no job of significance may open up in that footprint. Memphis's Mike Norvell has acclimated to head coaching quickly. Scott Satterfield at Appalachian State is well regarded in coaching circles.

Taggart wont get a high position yet, but I an see something like UNCs Fedora ending up going to LSU and then Taggart being offered UNC. Id hate to lose Taggart since hes done very well the past two years, but if Strong was available, Id be happy at him replacing Tags. Ironic part is, that Strong was interested in USF when he got hired at Lville. If we had fired Holtz faster, Strong would have been USFs coach.
Talk about a dramatically different outcome if that had happened.

Ultimately i hope that Coach Taggart stays at least one year. USF has the easiest schedule with all the hard AAC teams at home next year. Our QB, both RBs, TEs and a couple receivers will all be seniors. Its our best chance by far to win the conference.
10-03-2016 08:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
LOL... Thanks boys and girls for your out most concerns over our wonderful Houston program, I'm touched.
10-03-2016 08:20 AM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(10-03-2016 08:20 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  LOL... Thanks boys and girls for your out most concerns over our wonderful Houston program, I'm touched.

You just learned to deal with it. We had the same thing happen last year with Fuente
10-03-2016 08:21 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(10-03-2016 08:20 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  LOL... Thanks boys and girls for your out most concerns over our wonderful Houston program, I'm touched.

Oh Houston will be fine. There's no school in the country in the last decade or so who's done a better job of finding the "next big thing" after losing a coach. Briles, Sumlin, Herman, the only miss was Levine and he wasn't exactly dreadful. Someone in charge there knows what they are doing in terms of hiring coaches.
10-03-2016 08:23 AM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-03-2016 08:16 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 08:10 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Link to SI article:

EXCERPTS:

Taggart wont get a high position yet, but I an see something like UNCs Fedora ending up going to LSU and then Taggart being offered UNC. Id hate to lose Taggart since hes done very well the past two years, but if Strong was available, Id be happy at him replacing Tags. Ironic part is, that Strong was interested in USF when he got hired at Lville. If we had fired Holtz faster, Strong would have been USFs coach.
Talk about a dramatically different outcome if that had happened.

Ultimately i hope that Coach Taggart stays at least one year. USF has the easiest schedule with all the hard AAC teams at home next year. Our QB, both RBs, TEs and a couple receivers will all be seniors. Its our best chance by far to win the conference.

That article doesn't imply that Taggart, Rhule or Norvell would necessarily take a top 5 job opening, only that they would be considered somewhere as the coaching carousel turned.

It's a long article, and I didn't want to post that much of it.
10-03-2016 08:24 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Tom Herman to Texas
I have a hard tine believing it ad the media will take anything as a "source" and run with it now and days. Especially since espn has had multiple people in the know state that strong would get one more year even if he did not do well but especially of he showed improvement which he has.

I'll take espn over SI any day too as SI tends to be more sensationalism then facts when it cones to reporting.
10-03-2016 08:45 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(10-03-2016 08:21 AM)M1T4 Wrote:  

You just learned to deal with it. We had the same thing happen last year with Fuente

Oh trust me, we know far to well how to deal with this now... That been said, with the new beautiful football stadium in place I'm confident all will be fine if Herman leaves.
10-03-2016 08:59 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(10-03-2016 08:23 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Oh Houston will be fine. There's no school in the country in the last decade or so who's done a better job of finding the "next big thing" after losing a coach. Briles, Sumlin, Herman, the only miss was Levine and he wasn't exactly dreadful. Someone in charge there knows what they are doing in terms of hiring coaches.

Don't mean to sound overconfident but I agree with you, bOndsjOns 04-cheers

If we were still playing at our old rundown stadium I'd be extremly concerned in finding a respectable replacement, not anymore though.
10-03-2016 09:05 AM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!

UH has shown they will pay a coach P5 money if he's worth it, so we won't be shopping in the bargain basement for a replacement. However, one possible replacement is already on the staff. DC Todd Orlando gets my vote if Herman leaves.

Defense wins championships!
10-03-2016 10:44 AM
Advertisement

mdastro Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LSU
(10-03-2016 10:44 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  

UH has shown they will pay a coach P5 money if he's worth it, so we won't be shopping in the bargain basement for a replacement. However, one possible replacement is already on the staff. DC Todd Orlando gets my vote if Herman leaves.

Todd Orlando is going to get a massive raise as a P5 DC. You'll be starting all over and all your talent is g-o-n-e gone. Then add no path to the P5, and yall's days are numbered.

Couldn't happen to a better school.
10-03-2016 02:54 PM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
(10-03-2016 07:52 AM)mdastro Wrote:  It will of course be a distraction. Two losses minimum for cooger hi.

LOL you F'n made it here finally?

this F'n guy has been posting about UofH even when WE SUCKED in early 2000s and were not relevant on the chronicle page

boggles my mind your infatuation with UofH 03-lmfao mind blowing actually

did your ex leave you for some UofH guy with a 12 inch *****? 05-stirthepot 03-shhhh
10-03-2016 03:47 PM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

The Parliament Awards
(10-03-2016 02:54 PM)mdastro Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 10:44 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  

Todd Orlando is going to get a massive raise as a P5 DC. You'll be starting all over and all your talent is g-o-n-e gone. Then add no path to the P5, and yall's days are numbered.

Couldn't happen to a better school.

Where is the talent going? They all transfering?

You do realize Orlando said no to Wisconsin? ????

God I love watching LSU suck balls 04-rock 02-13-banana
10-03-2016 03:48 PM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

The Parliament Awards

I know who it is 05-stirthepot
10-03-2016 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.