Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas firing Strong
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Texas firing Strong
According to Twitter reports they might make the move at the end of the year. Wonder if that affects how they would vote on expansion.
10-03-2016 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

acc4life Offline
Banned

I Root For: Yo Momma
RE: Texas firing Strong
(10-03-2016 07:37 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  According to Twitter reports they might make the move at the end of the year. Wonder if that affects how they would vote on expansion.

If Texas goes after Herman, you better believe they're voting against it.
10-03-2016 07:43 AM
mdastro Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LSU
They were never voting for cooger hi to begin with. Texas used those suckers' desperation to get their Houston campus, and in 20 years they, rather than UH, will be the go-to school in Houston.
10-03-2016 07:55 AM
KnightNasty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(10-03-2016 07:43 AM)acc4life Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 07:37 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  According to Twitter reports they might make the move at the end of the year. Wonder if that affects how they would vote on expansion.

Why would they vote against it if they got Herman?
10-03-2016 07:56 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
No way is Houston getting in until Texas has their man. This all but guarantees that expansion is dead.
BYU is a no go. Too Politically toxic. Without going west, CSU and Air Force are out. Rice and SMU were political additions to the list with no real support. Its been rumored that Uconn wasnt favored simply because of geography. Tulane has the academics but not much else. So that leaves about 4 expansion candidates.
Cinci has been sucking balls under Tubs and yet is still considered a leading candidate.
USF has picked up alot of steam recently and mentioned in multiple articles, but nobody knows how the academic scandal is gonna hurt (especially with two presidents mentioning how "following the NCAA rules" was a major issue)
UCF has been sucking balls recently and has their long history of not even knowing what the rules are, which has made multiple pundits speculate that the comments were directed toward them.
and lastly is Temple.... who is on an upswing but not in the most college friendly town.

Ultimately, not a single one of us fits the unreasonable amount of requiremnets that the band of misfit universities (aka Big 12) wants.... I think were all here to stay. As long as we dont piss off ESPN in the next 2 years, well be able to see what were worth on the market, but I think Texas tanking basically is gonna kill expansion.
10-03-2016 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(10-03-2016 07:56 AM)KnightNasty Wrote:  

Tom Herman gets a $5 million bonus if Houston gets in the Big 12 and a raise. Not that Texas cant outbid them, but many speculate that Houston might be attractive to Herman to stay. UT has unreasonable expectations and if Houston is in the Big 12 then the advantages to moving to UT are a bit mitigated.
Charlie Strong is a hell of a coach and yet he hasnt been able to do anything there. Makes some wonder if its Charlie or UT?
10-03-2016 08:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

acc4life Offline
Banned

How the Big 12 rides a bike...

[Image: backpedaling34.jpg]
10-03-2016 08:07 AM
KnightNasty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(10-03-2016 08:04 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

Tom Herman gets a $5 million bonus if Houston gets in the Big 12 and a raise. Not that Texas cant outbid them, but many speculate that Houston might be attractive to Herman to stay. UT has unreasonable expectations and if Houston is in the Big 12 then the advantages to moving to UT are a bit mitigated.
Charlie Strong is a hell of a coach and yet he hasnt been able to do anything there. Makes some wonder if its Charlie or UT?

So... why wouldn't they vote for expansion but against the addition of Houston?
10-03-2016 08:09 AM
acc4life Offline
Banned

(10-03-2016 08:04 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

Combination platter....a little bit of both; Texas' fortune cookie says, "Wise Texan fakes expansion, gets Houston campus and coach..."
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 08:11 AM by acc4life.)
10-03-2016 08:10 AM
acc4life Offline
Banned

(10-03-2016 07:55 AM)mdastro Wrote:  They were never voting for cooger hi to begin with. Texas used those suckers' desperation to get their Houston campus,

Exactly

Quote: and in 20 years they, rather than UH, will be the go-to school in Houston.

University of Texas at Houston will be a giant commuter school without a decent football team.
10-03-2016 08:14 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-03-2016 08:02 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  No way is Houston getting in until Texas has their man. This all but guarantees that expansion is dead.
BYU is a no go. Too Politically toxic. Without going west, CSU and Air Force are out. Rice and SMU were political additions to the list with no real support. Its been rumored that Uconn wasnt favored simply because of geography. Tulane has the academics but not much else. So that leaves about 4 expansion candidates.
Cinci has been sucking balls under Tubs and yet is still considered a leading candidate.
USF has picked up alot of steam recently and mentioned in multiple articles, but nobody knows how the academic scandal is gonna hurt (especially with two presidents mentioning how "following the NCAA rules" was a major issue)
UCF has been sucking balls recently and has their long history of not even knowing what the rules are, which has made multiple pundits speculate that the comments were directed toward them.
and lastly is Temple.... who is on an upswing but not in the most college friendly town.

Ultimately, not a single one of us fits the unreasonable amount of requiremnets that the band of misfit universities (aka Big 12) wants.... I think were all here to stay. As long as we dont piss off ESPN in the next 2 years, well be able to see what were worth on the market, but I think Texas tanking basically is gonna kill expansion.

I think that's a popular opinion right now. I'm in the minority. I think the Big 12 is still expanding, by 2 or 4. Why? Money, which is the whole point of expansion. $400M for 2 teams, and $800M for 4. One or the other will still likely happen, IMO.

And I see no relation, either way, to Texas going after Herman.
10-03-2016 08:18 AM
Advertisement

wylioats Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2016 07:55 AM)mdastro Wrote:  They were never voting for cooger hi to begin with. Texas used those suckers' desperation to get their Houston campus, and in 20 years they, rather than UH, will be the go-to school in Houston.

This is the kind of P5 arrogance that really p!sses me off. Cooger hi? Really? Ask Oklahoma and Florida State how much of a high school team Houston is. LSU dude, maybe you should be more worried about who your next Les Miles is going to be instead of coming on here being an @ss toward Houston or any other school in this conference. Personally, I believe Houston would beat LSU, and while doing it, would wipe that smart @ss taste out of your mouth.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 08:26 AM by wylioats.)
10-03-2016 09:11 AM
gostangs Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
so - just like UH two years ago? At least the football part is different.
10-03-2016 07:42 PM
gostangs Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
So just like UH two years ago, or UH today except for the football part?
10-03-2016 07:43 PM
mdastro Offline
Water Engineer

(10-03-2016 08:14 AM)acc4life Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 07:55 AM)mdastro Wrote:  They were never voting for cooger hi to begin with. Texas used those suckers' desperation to get their Houston campus,

Exactly

Quote: and in 20 years they, rather than UH, will be the go-to school in Houston.

University of Texas at Houston will be a giant commuter school without a decent football team.
Just like the University of Houston. 03-rotfl
10-03-2016 09:14 PM
mdastro Offline
Water Engineer

(10-03-2016 09:11 AM)wylioats Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 07:55 AM)mdastro Wrote:  They were never voting for cooger hi to begin with. Texas used those suckers' desperation to get their Houston campus, and in 20 years they, rather than UH, will be the go-to school in Houston.

This is the kind of P5 arrogance that really p!sses me off. Cooger hi? Really? Ask Oklahoma and Florida State how much of a high school team Houston is. LSU dude, maybe you should be more worried about who your next Les Miles is going to be instead of coming on here being an @ss toward Houston or any other school in this conference. Personally, I believe Houston would beat LSU, and while doing it, would wipe that smart @ss out taste of your mouth.

Cooger hi has been around a lot longer than either you or I brother. As in, garbage school for people who can't go anywhere else. Winning two games a season on two game schedules is so easy about 15 G5s can do it.

Sounds a lot like memphis state, except they can't even beat ole miss. 03-rotfl
10-03-2016 09:17 PM
Advertisement

wylioats Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2016 09:17 PM)mdastro Wrote:  

This is the kind of P5 arrogance that really p!sses me off. Cooger hi? Really? Ask Oklahoma and Florida State how much of a high school team Houston is. LSU dude, maybe you should be more worried about who your next Les Miles is going to be instead of coming on here being an @ss toward Houston or any other school in this conference. Personally, I believe Houston would beat LSU, and while doing it, would wipe that smart @ss out taste of your mouth.

Cooger hi has been around a lot longer than either you or I brother. As in, garbage school for people who can't go anywhere else. Winning two games a season on two game schedules is so easy about 15 G5s can do it.

Beat em last year, lost to em this year, glad you got a nut on this. Curious to see what LSU's gonna do with them when they play this year. And if you think using the term Memphis State is gonna get to me or any other Tiger fan, well think again, that's our former name, no big deal, just shows your ignorance and stupidity....Done with you, go play your child like games with somebody else, maybe someone your own age.
10-04-2016 08:41 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Texas firing Strong

Bro your literally so dumb you had to go to lsu because you couldn't get accepted at uh. So you have no room to talk lmao!!!
10-04-2016 12:38 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

Does anyone else smell corndogs?
10-04-2016 12:56 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame

Yet, your program is supposedly after our coach. Hyperbole much?
10-06-2016 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.