Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Campus Insiders Sucks Thread...
Bookmark and Share
born in the burg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
The Campus Insiders Sucks Thread...
CI sucks. I have seen better feeds and camera work on JCJC TV. I have heard better football commentary by my 9 and 6 year-old sons.

Several times, the camera was following something that was not the ball. Several times the screen indicated that there was a flag on the play when there was not. Several times the commentators were commentating on a game that only they could see inside their heads, cuz it damn sure wasn't the game that I was watching.

I realize that the quality of the stream varies by your device and the strength of your wifi signal, however, the picture on my screen sucked, UNLESS it was showing one of their CEASELESS commercials, then the sumbich was in HD. So, I got high def commercials (same ones over and over) and NO def game play. As a comparison, I pulled up the Tulame and La La game on ESPN 3 (same device, same wife connection) and, sure enough, I could see their game. Our game was poor video throughout, appearing clear only on their damned commercials.

Also, during the commercial breaks, I often missed plays, punts, one time I missed a whole damned series. I still don't know how we gained possession on one series, as the entire UTEP series was missed to watch damn RV commercials 12 times in a row.

I long for the days when our games were on real TV. Hell, I envy the setup that the Sun Belt and MAC have, showing all games on the ESPN 3 platform. We were sold a bill of goods on this "TV" deal. Markets, distribution, innovation, BS, BS, BS. Blow this conference up, please. It sucks ass and we had better win the POS on the way out. Give me a regional G5 conference and put all of the damn games on ESPN for free. To hell with playing far-flung nobodies on crappy high-school quality video internet feeds. Damn!

To top it all off, they don't even have a CUSA logo under their partners tab. We don't rate as high as the Patriot League Network. Southern Miss rates lower than Colgate, the school not the toothpaste. I know we don't rate as high as tooth paste.

Rant over. For now.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 12:39 AM by born in the burg.)
09-25-2016 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: The Campus Insiders Sucks Thread...
there is no questioning the vid quality was like looking through a rainy lens at times...

however, the announcers were solid in knowledge on both sides....

I'm a radio guy at heart.....vid quality is basically meaningless in my myopic version....at least it was streamed.....

get used to it.....and it will get better over time....
09-25-2016 01:00 AM
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

I actually enjoyed it myself. I projected the game on my tv and had great clarity. The commentators gave several interesting stats about both teams. Of course we need to be on tv not just online.
09-25-2016 02:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagNBran Offline
All American

I had no video problems on my phone, except for the commercials as you mentioned. Stream quality was fine for me.
09-25-2016 08:02 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

The problem isn't that there were commercials, it's that many times they wouldn't cut back from commercials until an entire drive had finished.
09-25-2016 01:08 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(09-25-2016 01:08 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  The problem isn't that there were commercials, it's that many times they wouldn't cut back from commercials until an entire drive had finished.

This
09-25-2016 01:18 PM
stinkfist Offline

(09-25-2016 01:18 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(09-25-2016 01:08 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  The problem isn't that there were commercials, it's that many times they wouldn't cut back from commercials until an entire drive had finished.

This

correct....either way, commercials suck schlong......and why the cpu/phone vs. tv is changing....
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 01:23 PM by stinkfist.)
09-25-2016 01:23 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
It was better than the FB stream
09-25-2016 01:24 PM
El Runner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT & UTSA
CUSA tv sucks also. No replays. Camera work at the utsa-ODU game was amateurish. Did not get my $6.95 worth.
09-25-2016 01:37 PM
Advertisement

GCEagle Offline
Special Teams

The announcers were very good imo. They were well informed and stayed with the game, not with whatever power 5 bs they wanted to talk about. The only problem I had was some connectivity issues. Mine weren't as bad as some others that I've heard about but I did miss some plays. Overall, I think it was a good stream.
09-25-2016 02:40 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

The announcers sucked. They did stay on topic but they don't know football. And one played in the NFL. When they call illegal receiver downfield on UTEP, the color guy acted like it was a bad call just because it was called against a Tight End. Saw the same comment from a UTEP fan earlier. Being an eligible receiver has zero to do with what position you play. If you are lined up on the line of scrimmage, you are only eligible if you are the last guy on your side that is on the line. UTEP had a WR that screwed up and lined up on the line when he should have been off. So he covers up the TE making him ineligible.
09-25-2016 03:54 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

we'll have fond memories of campus insiders during the rice game.
09-25-2016 04:28 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
FYI, the camera work is the local school and not CI's.
09-25-2016 04:49 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(09-25-2016 03:54 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  The announcers sucked. They did stay on topic but they don't know football. And one played in the NFL. When they call illegal receiver downfield on UTEP, the color guy acted like it was a bad call just because it was called against a Tight End. Saw the same comment from a UTEP fan earlier. Being an eligible receiver has zero to do with what position you play. If you are lined up on the line of scrimmage, you are only eligible if you are the last guy on your side that is on the line. UTEP had a WR that screwed up and lined up on the line when he should have been off. So he covers up the TE making him ineligible.

there was some of that innuendo....but it beats the shite out of listening to espenis wannabees.....

I liked the rawness.....and they replayed immediately with analysis that was spot on.....

the biatch was finding out how to watch it before the game started....
09-25-2016 07:20 PM
born in the burg Offline
2nd String

This!
09-25-2016 11:48 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

The overall experience was okay. A few glitches but nothing that just made me want to give up on it. But I just couldn't handle the announcers. They were really bad. When UTEP fumbled on the last play of the first half, the guy thought they were trying to run a fumble rooskie. They had the gaffe I previously mentioned where they didn't even know the rules. They tried and they weren't arrogant, which does count for something. But overall they just weren't very good.
09-26-2016 09:41 AM
TalonTed Offline
Water Engineer

09-26-2016 09:52 AM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
I can get Campus Insiders on FireStick, right ?

I hope you guys gave Campus Insiders some feedback.
09-26-2016 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Did Southern Miss Athletics Dept. provide a "how to" guide on getting the Campus Insiders game ?

I noticed for Saturday that MT at North Texas is the only "Campus Insiders Exclusive" game. Wow...... so impressed with Judy MacLeod !

https://campusinsiders.com/live/

03-puke

Why the "eff" can't we get these games on ESPN3 instead of damn Campus Insiders ?
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 09:20 AM by KAjunRaider.)
09-27-2016 09:18 AM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
Lol, Rice/UNT feed didn't even have the score or time remaining. Had to look up on my phone. Video feed looked like someone was Periscoping the video board. Not a shocker though for a Rice or a C-USA product.
09-27-2016 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.