WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago Sun Times Headline: "Illinois Falls To Big Ten Killer Western Michigan"!
Broncos83 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Chicago Sun Times Headline: "Illinois Falls To Big Ten Killer Western Michigan"!
Just loved the headline. Brought a big smile to my face!
09-18-2016 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
RE: Chicago Sun Times Headline: "Illinois Falls To Big Ten Killer Western Michigan"!
Would have loved to be able to read the article without all the ads of scantily clad women.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/illin...-michigan/
09-18-2016 06:41 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: Chicago Sun Times Headline: "Illinois Falls To Big Ten Killer Western Michigan"!
Yeah, I would have rather read it with thumbnails of fat chicks... who would represent our OL. :)
09-18-2016 08:53 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Chicago Sun Times Headline: "Illinois Falls To Big Ten Killer Western Michig...
"Western Michigan Keeps Storming Through Big Ten" - Lansing State Journal
09-18-2016 09:30 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Well, the bottom half of it anyway.
09-19-2016 06:29 AM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
RE: Chicago Sun Times Headline: "Illinois Falls To Big Ten Killer Western Michig...
(09-18-2016 08:53 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Yeah, I would have rather read it with thumbnails of fat chicks... who would represent our OL. :)

That's not my point. I love beautiful women too but I don't need to be flooded with ads of women just a string with a patch attached to it.
09-19-2016 06:58 AM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(09-19-2016 06:29 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Well, the bottom half of it anyway.

Rather beat the bottom half than lose to the top half. Can only play the games on our schedule, and in many years over the last 20 we sure have lost a lot of games to teams in the bottom half of the B10, and other conferences. Northwestern is actually a team picked to do pretty well in the B10this year, and did well last year, even beating Stanford.

B10 schools, even from the bottom half, always have a distinctive advantage over a MAC school, and beating them is always big, and always has been. All of the sudden beating a B10 team doesn't qualify as an accomplishment if Fleck is the coach; even when it happens twice in three weeks, and with both games being on the road. If this is the new WMU standard then will you at least give fleck the props for changing that standard?

I don't disagree that some of the best teams we will play are coming up. I can not remember a year when the MAC is as strong, and it seems all of them are on our schedule. CMU looks fantastic. Toledo does too. Akron plowed Marshall, and looked good. GSU will be a tough game, and we will finally need to learn to defend that type of offense, which it seems we have always struggled with.

We have had the perfect start to a very promising season. The CMU game hasn't been this big in ages. These are exciting times for those who root for Bronco football.
09-19-2016 07:44 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

(09-19-2016 06:29 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Well, the bottom half of it anyway.

Given our historical record against the Big10, (6-43), il take any win against a Big 10 school, top or bottom.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 07:58 AM by BCBronco.)
09-19-2016 07:52 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Northwestern was predicted to finish fourth in the Big Ten-West, the weaker of the conference's two divisions.

Wouldn't call that "picked to do pretty well..."

Nobody is saying beating Big Ten teams isn't an accomplishment because it is. But this year it was expected.
09-19-2016 07:54 AM
Chibronco Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(09-18-2016 06:41 PM)John52168 Wrote:  Would have loved to be able to read the article without all the ads of scantily clad women.

Come on man use an ad blocker like an adult. ublock origin, adblock there is tons of them. Just avoid adblock plus the are blocking ads while pushing there own.
09-19-2016 07:56 AM
Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
(09-19-2016 07:54 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Northwestern was predicted to finish fourth in the Big Ten-West, the weaker of the conference's two divisions.

Nobody is saying beating Big Ten teams isn't an accomplishment because it is. But this year it was expected.

Of course it's always an accomplishment. B1G schools are so much better resourced that you almost always expect to lose, especially in their house.

This years OOC worked well, NW wasn't nearly as good as expected and Illinois, you couldn't possibly expect much from those kids after everything that they've been through the past few years.

Now we are even more fortunate to catch GASO coming in while a new HC is still getting his feet on the ground.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 08:25 AM by Moomba.)
09-19-2016 08:25 AM
Advertisement

BCBronco Offline
All American

(09-19-2016 07:54 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Northwestern was predicted to finish fourth in the Big Ten-West, the weaker of the conference's two divisions.

Given that it was expected, and that's fair, two Big10 wins in one year is inarguably an amazing transformation of culture and expectations given the historical 6-43 record v. the Big10. Moreover, the win v. Illinois was a smack down representing the largest margin of victory vs. a Big10 school. Ever.
09-19-2016 08:35 AM
Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
(09-19-2016 08:35 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  

Given that it was expected, and that's fair, two Big10 wins in one year is inarguably an amazing transformation of culture and expectations given the historical 6-43 record v. the Big10. Moreover, the win v. Illinois was a smack down representing the largest margin of victory vs. a Big10 school. Ever.

We beat Wisconsin pretty bad in 88, with our backup qb. TK plays and it's more. Best thing? It wasn't expected 02-13-banana
09-19-2016 08:58 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(09-19-2016 07:56 AM)Chibronco Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 06:41 PM)John52168 Wrote:  Would have loved to be able to read the article without all the ads of scantily clad women.

Come on man use an ad blocker like an adult. ublock origin, adblock there is tons of them. Just avoid adblock plus the are blocking ads while pushing there own.

Or exhibit some self control. 07-coffee3
09-19-2016 08:58 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

(09-19-2016 08:58 AM)Moomba Wrote:  

We beat Wisconsin pretty bad in 88, with our backup qb. TK plays and it's more. Best thing? It wasn't expected 02-13-banana
Wisconsin was 1-10 in 1988.
09-19-2016 09:27 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Illinois may be 1-11 this year, Northwestern only a few games better.
09-19-2016 09:33 AM
Advertisement

BCBronco Offline
All American

(09-19-2016 09:33 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Illinois may be 1-11 this year, Northwestern only a few games better.

You may be right, guess we'll find out in a few months. Still, to go from 6-43 all time to expecting to beat Big10 teams on the road is a transformation. According to Moomba no one expected to beat Wisconsin, now we expect to win.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 09:40 AM by BCBronco.)
09-19-2016 09:38 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2016 09:27 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  
(09-19-2016 08:58 AM)Moomba Wrote:  

Wisconsin was 1-10 in 1988.

Id say probably our best BIG10 victory was end of season 2007 against Iowa on the road. That Iowa team had beaten Syracuse, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota and Northwestern.. Pretty big win if I do remember...

Someone remind me... who was that Freshman TE we played and had a huge game that day... who promptly left the program the next year under some not so good circumstances if I do remember... I do remember thinking he was the missing piece to that offense that year... Haven't really hit the pass catching TE lottery much at WMU.
09-19-2016 09:43 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Maragos?
09-19-2016 09:47 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I think you mean Anthony Middleton.
09-19-2016 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.