Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[NCAA Moves Events From North Carolina] PC Society is a joke
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
[NCAA Moves Events From North Carolina] PC Society is a joke
I won't make a huge OP but this is so stupid. A state can't decide how it wants to implent policies over something relatively minor, so now the NCAA feels the need to play politician and move its events?

The NCAA's job is to govern and organize college sports, leave politics out of it.
09-15-2016 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: [NCAA Moves Events From North Carolina] PC Society is a joke
(09-15-2016 07:43 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  I won't make a huge OP but this is so stupid. A state can't decide how it wants to implent policies over something relatively minor, so now the NCAA feels the need to play politician and move its events?

The NCAA's job is to govern and organize college sports, leave politics out of it.

North Carolina has the right to make that law, and everyone else has the right to react accordingly. People on both sides of the isle need to remember this, nowhere in the constitution is it written that you have the right to not be offended by others. Nowhere is it written that you have the right to tell others how to live their lives. That goes both ways and both sides of this are annoying as hell. This law is pointless and it's costing my state millions and it can't be enforced and there's no punishments attached to it even if you could enforce it.
09-15-2016 07:59 AM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(09-15-2016 07:43 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  I won't make a huge OP but this is so stupid. A state can't decide how it wants to implent policies over something relatively minor, so now the NCAA feels the need to play politician and move its events?

So LGBT athletes coming into NC who would be effected by this law should just what? Deal with it? The NCAA has an obligation to ALL student athletes well being.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016 09:17 AM by RutgersGuy.)
09-15-2016 09:17 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(09-15-2016 09:17 AM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  

So LGBT athletes coming into NC who would be effected by this law should just what? Deal with it? The NCAA has an obligation to ALL student athletes well being.

It's a red herring. An LGBT athlete has to compete as they were born. In particular for guys who want to become women, it would be a grossly unfair advantage. And if this is nothing more than bathroom issues, then it's utter bull****. If you're an effeminate male dressed as a woman, how in the **** would anyone know that you are not a female unless they do a "parts check" before you enter the restroom? A transgendered bathroom is nothing more than a unisex bathroom.

The only reason gays and lesbians embrace "transgendered" people is because it's additional firepower to further their causes. Transgendered bathrooms are nothing more than a stupid bargaining tactic to further other causes important to the gay and lesbian communities. Bottom line, if you legalize gay marriage in all 50 states and give gay and lesbian couples the same rights as married people, then MUCH of this goes away.
09-15-2016 09:37 AM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Spin room
09-15-2016 09:37 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(09-15-2016 09:37 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  Spin room

For the 3rd time and counting?
09-15-2016 09:41 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Sports is supposed to be an outlet to fans from the political nonsense that is encompassing our world. Unfortunately, at the collegiate and professional levels, sports is now very political as it provides a national platform for individuals to speak their minds and push their agendas.

Just like there should be a separation of Church/State, we should have a separation of Politics/Sports.
09-15-2016 09:42 AM
Advertisement

RutgersGuy Offline
All American

(09-15-2016 09:42 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Sports is supposed to be an outlet to fans from the political nonsense that is encompassing our world. Unfortunately, at the collegiate and professional levels, sports is now very political as it provides a national platform for individuals to speak their minds and push their agendas.

Just like there should be a separation of Church/State, we should have a separation of Politics/Sports.

How do you do that when the government funds the institutions providing the sports?
09-15-2016 09:45 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(09-15-2016 07:59 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

North Carolina has the right to make that law, and everyone else has the right to react accordingly. People on both sides of the isle need to remember this, nowhere in the constitution is it written that you have the right to not be offended by others. Nowhere is it written that you have the right to tell others how to live their lives. That goes both ways and both sides of this are annoying as hell. This law is pointless and it's costing my state millions and it can't be enforced and there's no punishments attached to it even if you could enforce it.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

What's worse is to me is that this is another example of the state telling cities what they can and cant do. Apparently Charlotte and Wilson HAVE to have the same laws. God forbid if they would differ.

Lots of attorneys making money though....at taxpayers expense.
09-15-2016 09:45 AM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

(09-15-2016 09:37 AM)miko33 Wrote:  

It's a red herring. An LGBT athlete has to compete as they were born. In particular for guys who want to become women, it would be a grossly unfair advantage. And if this is nothing more than bathroom issues, then it's utter bull****. If you're an effeminate male dressed as a woman, how in the **** would anyone know that you are not a female unless they do a "parts check" before you enter the restroom? A transgendered bathroom is nothing more than a unisex bathroom.

The only reason gays and lesbians embrace "transgendered" people is because it's additional firepower to further their causes. Transgendered bathrooms are nothing more than a stupid bargaining tactic to further other causes important to the gay and lesbian communities. Bottom line, if you legalize gay marriage in all 50 states and give gay and lesbian couples the same rights as married people, then MUCH of this goes away.

Yeah not really, the trans culture has been hand in hand with the gay and lesbian culture since the very beginning. Ever hear of the Stonewall Riots? It was both gay and trans men fighting the cops.

Is this what scares you guys? A man in the women's room?

[Image: Hughesx633_0_0.jpg]
[Image: Trans_Men_Bathroom_Ban.jpg]
[Image: IJustNeedToPee-x400.jpg]
[Image: casting-trans-men-as-predators-wont-stop...-_x750.jpg]

Yeah, thats Michael C. Hughes who was born a woman. Thats what you guys don't get. These people have been sharing bathrooms with us this whole time and no one gave a **** because it was a non-issue. Now it's an issue because of homophobes and fear mongers. Good job guys, now your daughters, sisters and wives HAVE to share a bathroom with people who look like Michael now.

http://www.upworthy.com/heres-what-itll-...t-bathroom
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016 09:53 AM by RutgersGuy.)
09-15-2016 09:53 AM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Guys, spin room. Then knock yourselves out
09-15-2016 10:11 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(09-15-2016 09:53 AM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  
(09-15-2016 09:37 AM)miko33 Wrote:  

Yeah not really, the trans culture has been hand in hand with the gay and lesbian culture since the very beginning. Ever hear of the Stonewall Riots? It was both gay and trans men fighting the cops.

Is this what scares you guys? A man in the women's room?

[Image: Hughesx633_0_0.jpg]
[Image: Trans_Men_Bathroom_Ban.jpg]
[Image: IJustNeedToPee-x400.jpg]
[Image: casting-trans-men-as-predators-wont-stop...-_x750.jpg]

Yeah, thats Michael C. Hughes who was born a woman. Thats what you guys don't get. These people have been sharing bathrooms with us this whole time and no one gave a **** because it was a non-issue. Now it's an issue because of homophobes and fear mongers. Good job guys, now your daughters, sisters and wives HAVE to share a bathroom with people who look like Michael now.

http://www.upworthy.com/heres-what-itll-...t-bathroom

LOL
09-15-2016 10:18 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU

That's pretty much what the trannies should do. Or they could boycott individually... all 0.3% of them.
09-15-2016 10:26 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
NCAA handbook states

" Individuals, organizations or associations organized as a recognized not for profit,
unless (1) the ad or association endorses a political candidate or party, or (2) the ad or
association advocates a viewpoint on controversial issues of public importance. [Sub-
items (1) and (2) do not apply to television and radio advertising inasmuch as Federal
rules/laws and networks’ broadcast practices and standards take precedence in regard to
political ads and controversial topics, respectively.] "

They're breaking [2] are they not?

Sent from my C6743 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-15-2016 10:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.