Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Thread: Alabama A&M @ Middle Tennessee
Bookmark and Share
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Game Thread: Alabama A&M @ Middle Tennessee
A thriller, I know, but it should be a fun exhibition for our new offense under CTF once again. 6pm CT start televised on CUSA.tv. I'Tavius Mathers from Blackman HS here in Murfreesboro is our starting RB. He is 4 star recruit who transferred from Ole Miss. Defense is the ? for this game.
09-03-2016 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MoodyBlueRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: Game Thread: Alabama A&M @ Middle Tennessee
Gonna be there with Bells On! Talked to a friend who has family that went to Alabama A&M. Said he would not expect them to bring more than 500+ fans. So, since Vandy and UT are done for the weekend; let us hope that our Raider Alums (and sidewalk alums) get off their butts and come to the game.
09-03-2016 03:08 PM
HanselTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
Baby Stock starts 20 for 20 dang!
09-03-2016 06:55 PM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
He's cooled off. Now 27-for-30 for 310 yards and 5 TD with 9+ minutes to go in the first half.

#SWAC
09-03-2016 07:16 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Absurd we are playing SWAC schools. This is ridiculous.

Third stringers hopefully in the 2nd half.
09-03-2016 07:36 PM
Advertisement

HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Took care of business.
09-03-2016 07:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

45-0 to start the 4th...

Better crowd than I expected, all things considered. Probably 20k+ announced
09-03-2016 08:42 PM
Advertisement

HanselTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
Good start. Glad to see a CUSA take care of business regardless of opponent.
09-03-2016 08:45 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Raiders win 55-0. We had almost 700 yards of offense, AAMU had 150. 35 first downs for MT, and AAMU had 6. First shutout at home I can remember in a while. Don't care who you play, that's a good result to have a shutout. Great crowd too. It wasn't boring when our starters were in. Complete change from last year. Defense seems not as bad as I expected.
09-03-2016 09:23 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Here are my thoughts...

1) Offense was as good as expected. Mathers only played a little and he broke for a TD on his second run. Stockstill was in for one half and had 400 yards just about. We will be top 10 offensively this year, unless something bad happens to our stars. Backup QB has skills but decision-making is iffy. He is a frosh so I can expect that (and not a 21 YO like Brent was :D). WR corps is taking hit after hit which is concerning ... but my POTG was Dennis Andrews. He looks great, I was impressed every time he touched the ball. I think he & Richie will be our leading WRs this year. Ty Lee is fast and capable and he will be a good one too. Offense is good. Really good.

2) Defense is a lot better than I expected, and I don't care that we were playing AAMU. Even against JSU last year we gave up big plays and looked to be "lucky" that we weren't a lot closer than we were. This year, it is different. It seems like a new group, and to an extent it is. I can't even remember the last time we had a shutout on defense at home. Even with playing 2nd and 3rd stringers we held them to 0 pts and only 150 yards of offense w/6 first downs. That is impressive and a great starting point for the season, FOR ONCE, for our defense.

3) Crowd was better than expected. Additions made the game more interesting and for once people were actually into the game. It felt less boring than it did last year, part of which is because we no longer have Buster Faulkner calling the plays and making us all go crazy. I think winning over Vandy and BGSU could mean a near full house for BLACKOUT vs La Tech. That would be something special and something I think we all could use. LOVE the fireworks!! Great to see we are actually putting some effort into making the game interesting outside of the plays.

Great win. 55-0 is not only acceptable, but praiseworthy, even considering the opponent was Alabama A&M. Now, if we can shut out Vandy and put up some good points on them, I'll be even happier. Very good performance today, and I think everyone in the stadium except the AAMU fans left happy.
09-03-2016 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.