Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SMU@North Texas
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
SMU@North Texas
For those conference members that want to watch the first match-up of the season between C-USA and the AAC, our game will air live on Directv 696, and dish 419. If your teams not on, try to watch some of the game. We should have a good crowd and it should get loud.

I think North Texas will beat SMU.
08-29-2016 11:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: SMU@North Texas
I hope you beat them like a drum.
08-29-2016 11:50 PM
PonyUpTempo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: SMU
I will be in Denton to see the SMU victory. Goodluck!
08-30-2016 09:56 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
What time? I'll grab a 12 pack of PBR and root for Mean Green to whoop them Ponies.
08-30-2016 11:16 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
05-deadhorse

Go Mean Green!
08-30-2016 11:19 AM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Looking forward to watching. Hopefully UNT gets the win!
08-30-2016 11:40 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(08-29-2016 11:04 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  For those conference members that want to watch the first match-up of the season between C-USA and the AAC, our game will air live on Directv 696, and dish 419. If your teams not on, try to watch some of the game. We should have a good crowd and it should get loud.

What are you basing winning the game on?
08-30-2016 12:19 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
on Saturday? What time?
08-30-2016 02:18 PM
UNT15 Offline
Special Teams

SMU Mustangs @ North Texas Mean Green
Saturday, Sept. 3
6 p.m. (CDT)
Denton, Texas
Apogee Stadium (30,500)
TV: ASN
08-30-2016 03:44 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(08-30-2016 09:56 AM)PonyUpTempo Wrote:  I will be in Denton to see the SMU victory. Goodluck!

ya gonna resurrect bobby and the rest of the expresso.....

send june a card from johnny suck it too while your peon privilege gets their arse kicked....

+9.x is me number two fave play o' dat day....
08-30-2016 04:09 PM
MoodyBlueRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Good Luck UNT; we will be pulling for you. But, look out for the SMU Offense because a former MT QB Joe Craddock is their Offensive Coordinator (was the youngest in FBS when Morris hired him). Craddock is a winner and to the extent Morris lets him call plays he is a pretty darn innovative and savvy operator.
08-30-2016 04:30 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2016 11:16 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  What time? I'll grab a 12 pack of PBR and root for Mean Green to whoop them Ponies.

6PM Central. Thanks for the support.
08-30-2016 05:46 PM
stinkfist Online

(08-30-2016 04:30 PM)MoodyBlueRaider Wrote:  Good Luck UNT; we will be pulling for you. But, look out for the SMU Offense because a former MT QB Joe Craddock is their Offensive Coordinator (was the youngest in FBS when Morris hired him). Craddock is a winner and to the extent Morris lets him call plays he is a pretty darn innovative and savvy operator.

...and when one knows that....well, that's when you find out why you pay "staff" or get staph....

there is no reasonable argument that smooo is +9.x other than ackkkk vs. coooosaa

it's a gimme 9 pt bump....is akin to hill-lair=liar in the polls.....

as always...jmo....
08-30-2016 05:58 PM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2016 12:19 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(08-29-2016 11:04 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  For those conference members that want to watch the first match-up of the season between C-USA and the AAC, our game will air live on Directv 696, and dish 419. If your teams not on, try to watch some of the game. We should have a good crowd and it should get loud.

Littrell has come in and completely changed our offensive and defensive schemes. His offense is designed to be simple and create mismatches. There is no playbook. The defense is a 3-3-5. It rarely needs to change personnel. I'm not going to go into too much depth because I don't want to give too much away.

Last season at SMU, UNT was ahead when the 4th quarter started. We might have won that game if it wasn't for the fact McNulty was our QB. He had no business taking snaps in the FBS. We had better QBs on the bench, but McNulty was Mac's guy. SMU isn't really any better then North Texas, and SMU has never won a game in Denton.
08-30-2016 06:09 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

(08-30-2016 06:09 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

Littrell has come in and completely changed our offensive and defensive schemes. His offense is designed to be simple and create mismatches. There is no playbook. The defense is a 3-3-5. It rarely needs to change personnel. I'm not going to go into too much depth because I don't want to give too much away.

Last season at SMU, UNT was ahead when the 4th quarter started. We might have won that game if it wasn't for the fact McNulty was our QB. He had no business taking snaps in the FBS. We had better QBs on the bench, but McNulty was Mac's guy. SMU isn't really any better then North Texas, and SMU has never won a game in Denton.

Last year we were winning heading into the 4th quarter with a horrible offense until our defense finally ran out of gas. While we were horrible last year SMU was maybe a tad better because they had a quarterback who could complete a pass down field.

SMU is in their second year of their system so they have that going for them. We have a brand new staff and lots of new players ... but week one of the season is "surprise" week where you see weird things happen.

I think the game will be a lot like last season - a close game into the 4th quarter then anything can happen.
08-30-2016 08:11 PM
stinkfist Online

(08-30-2016 08:11 PM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  
(08-30-2016 06:09 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

Last year we were winning heading into the 4th quarter with a horrible offense until our defense finally ran out of gas. While we were horrible last year SMU was maybe a tad better because they had a quarterback who could complete a pass down field.

SMU is in their second year of their system so they have that going for them. We have a brand new staff and lots of new players ... but week one of the season is "surprise" week where you see weird things happen.

I think the game will be a lot like last season - a close game into the 4th quarter then anything can happen.

that's what I needed to know....thank you!

It's a take the points play now....
08-30-2016 08:16 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I hope UNT wins this one, should be a good cross "town" game
08-31-2016 12:15 PM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Thank God for DVR. I'll record several games. UNT vs SMU and USM at Kentucky I'll record while I'm watching UTEP vs NMSU on BEIN. I'll be up very late watching all these games.
08-31-2016 12:24 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2016 12:24 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Thank God for DVR. I'll record several games. UNT vs SMU and USM at Kentucky I'll record while I'm watching UTEP vs NMSU on BEIN. I'll be up very late watching all these games.

I've already got my DVR set to record the UTEP game. I'll be watching it on Sunday after church. Hope you guys run it up on Mew Mexico State.
08-31-2016 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.