WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

5 Things to Watch For
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
5 Things to Watch For
Since MLive has gone Full Julie Mack on us, can someone get us back on track with a Couch/Drew type preview?
08-28-2016 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goldsworth Offline
1st String

RE: 5 Things to Watch For
(08-28-2016 04:49 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Since MLive has gone Full Julie Mack on us, can someone get us back on track with a Couch/Drew type preview?

Julie Mack Ha now that a blast from the past. " Julie Mack when ya coming back?"
Looks like,mlive has someone to replace her!
08-28-2016 06:49 PM
wmubroncopilot Online
Heisman

(08-28-2016 04:49 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Since MLive has gone Full Julie Mack on us, can someone get us back on track with a Couch/Drew type preview?

I think Hustle Belt is your best bet to get something like that over the next few days
08-28-2016 08:26 PM
Advertisement

wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
That is a constructive criticism issue, our programs relation to the media.
08-28-2016 09:01 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
Takes two.
08-28-2016 09:13 PM
Advertisement

New School Bronco Offline
1st String

5 things to watch for....simple
1. Who can become the #2 WR this year. Will Carrington Thompson step up and take that role or will it be another FOTY candidate? Obviously WMU has had 1 guy that is a NFL caliber player at WR for quite some time now, so im not too worried that someone won't step up but whom will it be?

2. Will moving the OL around be successful? We only lost 1 starter from last year, but have 3 new players in their spots. Can Chukes make another step in his game and be the blind side guy. Can a young guy get the same push at RG that moton did last year. Will the OL sync as a unit like last with the moves made.

3. Our starting LB's are very talented no doubt about it, but can Brown make the transition? He reminds me of a Johnny Simon who could cover TE's and make sticks on the RB. But will he be too undersized to play in the box for a entire year. LB depth is a major concern. We haven't been able to stay healthy at LB for a few years now, and do we have anyone who can fill the back up spots.

4. The DL looks to be the best it's been in a while. We seem to have great starters and decent depth. Will our DT's have size to stop the run. We will get a good test against NW run game.

5. The secondary will have 1 starter returning to the secondary. Darius Phillips came into his own at the end of the year. The rest is relatively unknown. Tranquill looks decent for the early time he had, but after two ACL injuries will he be able to play at a high level again. Justin Ferguson the ND tranfer who was highly touted will finally get his shot his senior year. And Sam Beal who IMO could be very good this year, but is still very young.

Whats you're 5 things to watch? Am I right or wrong. Lets talk football!
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 09:22 PM by New School Bronco.)
08-28-2016 09:19 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(08-28-2016 09:19 PM)New School Bronco Wrote:  5 things to watch for....simple
1. Who can become the #2 WR this year. Will Carrington Thompson step up and take that role or will it be another FOTY candidate? Obviously WMU has had 1 guy that is a NFL caliber player at WR for quite some time now, so im not too worried that someone won't step up but whom will it be?

2. Will moving the OL around be successful? We only lost 1 starter from last year, but have 3 new players in their spots. Can Chukes make another step in his game and be the blind side guy. Can a young guy get the same push at RG that moton did last year. Will the OL sync as a unit like last with the moves made.

3. Our starting LB's are very talented no doubt about it, but can Brown make the transition? He reminds me of a Johnny Simon who could cover TE's and make sticks on the RB. But will he be too undersized to play in the box for a entire year. LB depth is a major concern. We haven't been able to stay healthy at LB for a few years now, and do we have anyone who can fill the back up spots.

4. The DL looks to be the best it's been in a while. We seem to have great starters and decent depth. Will our DT's have size to stop the run. We will get a good test against NW run game.

5. The secondary will have 1 starter returning to the secondary. Darius Phillips came into his own at the end of the year. The rest is relatively unknown. Tranquill looks decent for the early time he had, but after two ACL injuries will he be able to play at a high level again. Justin Ferguson the ND tranfer who was highly touted will finally get his shot his senior year. And Sam Beal who IMO could be very good this year, but is still very young.

Whats you're 5 things to watch? Am I right or wrong. Lets talk football!

These are almost my thoughts exactly. There are some burning questions on defense, LB depth being the most obvious and scariest of the bunch. 6 more days!!
08-28-2016 09:36 PM
Advertisement

The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Very good list, NSB, thanks - I would add to #4, can we generate consistent pressure on the QB, get more sacks, and force more turnovers?
08-28-2016 11:56 PM
ITalian83i Offline
2nd String

Another thing to watch is the kicking game. Will Freshman Butch Hampton keep us in games. Every year the kicker can sway athe least 1 game in one way or another. He is the guy, here is to hoping he makes the kicks we need in the close games.
08-29-2016 08:18 AM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(08-29-2016 08:18 AM)ITalian83i Wrote:  Another thing to watch is the kicking game. Will Freshman Butch Hampton keep us in games. Every year the kicker can sway athe least 1 game in one way or another. He is the guy, here is to hoping he makes the kicks we need in the close games.

I'll add to that, not only Hampton, but special teams in general is worth monitoring. New punter (Mitchell) and new kicker, both with what sounds like lots of potential, but will they get the job done once the lights start shining?

Phillips, obviously, should be dynamic at KR again. I'm excited to see who ends up fielding punts for us. For all of Braverman's shiftiness, I was never overly impressed with him as a punt returner. The only really great punt return I can recall of his was the one against Air Force that got called back. We have lots of potential for someone to break out and fill that void.
08-29-2016 07:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.