Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

U of Miami LB Juwon Young transfers to Marshall
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Exclamation U of Miami LB Juwon Young transfers to Marshall
Tha U's 2nd leading tackler last year. He def has some baggage though.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ma...f1c7c.html
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 09:15 AM by MU ATO.)
08-21-2016 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
RE: U of Miami LB Juwon Young transfers to Marshall
Just the free cars etc haha hey if that's all it is that isn't bad. Hopefully he doesn't expect that still
08-21-2016 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
We might be able to get him a '94 Taraus.
08-21-2016 02:25 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Haha
08-21-2016 03:00 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
Obviously I don't know the kid or his background but in the grand scheme of things I can get over a kid wanting to drive a nice car over other potential bad things a person could do to get dismissed from a team. Hopefully he's learned his lesson and will bust his ass this year sitting out and be ready to dominate next year.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 06:01 PM by MU ATO.)
08-21-2016 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GeForce2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU
Think Marshall has a rep around the country where a kid can get a 2nd chance type of deal. Does this occur with other sports also?
08-21-2016 05:53 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
Notice when any high profile actor/athlete/politician/executive gets in trouble, everyone shouts "Aw, give'em a second chance, this is 'murica, land of second chances"..

Then it happens to YOU, and them voices are silent, and yo' azz is grazzz..04-cheers
08-21-2016 06:35 PM
herdinva Offline
2nd String

(08-21-2016 05:53 PM)GeForce2 Wrote:  Think Marshall has a rep around the country where a kid can get a 2nd chance type of deal. Does this occur with other sports also?

I don't think your comment really warrants a response. Every school takes transfers, even the al mighty FIU. If some of these caliber players wanted to transfer to your school, there wouldn't be a second thought on whether or not you'd accept them. Matter of fact, a G5 school would be idiotic to not give some a second chance, depending on degree of offense and nature of it.

Given that, most of our contributing players are players we recruited, not the transfers, take it for what its worth.
08-21-2016 06:38 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

(08-21-2016 06:38 PM)herdinva Wrote:  
(08-21-2016 05:53 PM)GeForce2 Wrote:  Think Marshall has a rep around the country where a kid can get a 2nd chance type of deal. Does this occur with other sports also?

I don't think your comment really warrants a response. Every school takes transfers, even the al mighty FIU. If some of these caliber players wanted to transfer to your school, there wouldn't be a second thought on whether or not you'd accept them. Matter of fact, a G5 school would be idiotic to not give some a second chance, depending on degree of offense and nature of it.

Given that, most of our contributing players are players we recruited, not the transfers, take it for what its worth.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he meant anything by the 2nd chance deal. Just stating the facts. Randy Moss (third chance actually), Ahmad Bradshaw, Lee Smith, and currently Davon Durant. We have had some big time guys come through here by way of dismissal. Sure, it's not every year, but we have benefited from it.
08-21-2016 07:04 PM
GeForce2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU
(08-21-2016 07:04 PM)MU42 Wrote:  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he meant anything by the 2nd chance deal. Just stating the facts. Randy Moss (third chance actually), Ahmad Bradshaw, Lee Smith, and currently Davon Durant. We have had some big time guys come through here by way of dismissal. Sure, it's not every year, but we have benefited from it.

You got it right.
08-21-2016 07:08 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Marshall definitely has the reputation of taking "trouble kids" and giving them a second chance, for the record App has the policy that if a kid is not in good standing with his former school, he will not play for us.
08-21-2016 07:14 PM
Advertisement

MU42 Offline
1st String

(08-21-2016 07:08 PM)GeForce2 Wrote:  

You got it right.

And to answer your question, no we never get dismissed players in other sports.
08-21-2016 07:16 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

It also helps that we actually recruited him out of HS, but he chose Miami. Sometimes I look at some of the kids we offer and wonder why we seem to be wasting time on them when you know they are going to a "big time" school. Then a few years later, here they come for one reason or another. We had a dlineman, Ricardo Williams, who just graduated. Same deal, chose The U over us and others. Didn't like it there (no baggage) and transferred up here because he liked the staff. Maws a solid contributor for a few years.
08-21-2016 11:45 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
(08-21-2016 07:14 PM)moehler Wrote:  Marshall definitely has the reputation of taking "trouble kids" and giving them a second chance, for the record App has the policy that if a kid is not in good standing with his former school, he will not play for us.

Like who? I couldn't think of enough to count on 1 hand. In fact after a convo with my wife I asked on HERDNATION.com because I couldn't think of hardly anyone who was dismissed then came to MU.
08-22-2016 11:28 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yes, no other CUSA school has taken a kid that had issues at another school. To my knowledge Marshall has no kid on roster that has been in trouble while on campus. That's what Doc won't stand for. Unlike a couple of schools in the league.
08-22-2016 12:28 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
I'm just saying, right or wrong, accurate or inaccurate, that has always been the reputation of Marshall, it all started with Moss, he was a great player, no doubt, and he really helped your program, but there was a price to pay in how Marshall is perceived from that day on.
08-22-2016 12:43 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I wonder - UM is going to discipline the players who are still in the program. Depending on the investigation, could this have any NCAA ramifications for Young? If he is found to have committed violations, would Marshall be expected to dole out the punishment? From what I understand of the situation, the players made some shady "deals" with a rental car company behind people's backs and are expected to be punished by the university and that will be that. Richt is big on getting out ahead of any NCAA dealings and he has seemed not to be worried, so that just makes me wonder - if Miami finds Young definitely did play a role in this (I mean, he was suspended in June) what would happen?
08-22-2016 12:49 PM
herdinva Offline
2nd String

(08-22-2016 12:49 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  I wonder - UM is going to discipline the players who are still in the program. Depending on the investigation, could this have any NCAA ramifications for Young? If he is found to have committed violations, would Marshall be expected to dole out the punishment? From what I understand of the situation, the players made some shady "deals" with a rental car company behind people's backs and are expected to be punished by the university and that will be that. Richt is big on getting out ahead of any NCAA dealings and he has seemed not to be worried, so that just makes me wonder - if Miami finds Young definitely did play a role in this (I mean, he was suspended in June) what would happen?

I am guessing it would be neither Miami nor Marshall punishing the kid, it would be the NCAA and he would serve his punishment at whatever school he was at. You can bet that if he is indeed found guilty that he may be dismissed from Marshall as well, Doc may not keep him around.
08-22-2016 01:37 PM
herdinva Offline
2nd String

There was the linebacker from GA as well, can't remember his name, didn't keep his nose clean here (beat on his gf) and got the boot. I will give anyone Randy Moss, but some of the others offenses were minor and not sure it warranted a dismissal from where they were. But as someone else said, these were kids that we recruited before they chose another destination so when they need another option after first one isn't working out, I am sure we give them a look and evaluate the situation. Like any other school would.
08-22-2016 01:43 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
(08-22-2016 11:28 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  
(08-21-2016 07:14 PM)moehler Wrote:  Marshall definitely has the reputation of taking "trouble kids" and giving them a second chance, for the record App has the policy that if a kid is not in good standing with his former school, he will not play for us.

Like who? I couldn't think of enough to count on 1 hand. In fact after a convo with my wife I asked on HERDNATION.com because I couldn't think of hardly anyone who was dismissed then came to MU.

Randy Moss
Ahmad Bradshaw
Juwon Young
Dj Hunter

Just off the top of my head. Now if you want the props that list can br quite long
08-22-2016 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.