Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Rio, Lochte Situation
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
OT: The Rio, Lochte Situation
i have hot take on that.

everyone is busy slandering the swimmers and lochte on tv..
everyone is calling for lochte to be banned from swimming and to lose all his endorsements and he's being degraded as a liar

but looking at all the information he technically didnt lie, he just omitted information.

the police confirm a gun was pulled out, and while the gun was out the people asked them to pay

you can call it justifiable but isnt pulling a gun and forcing someone to pay robbery? fear of death isnt a legal way to reclaim debt

the Brazilian police was saying the gun was pulled out to contain them, but if you watch the security footage (below), they were calm and then had their hands up and walked to the side, they werent being aggressive
https://twitter.com/JMKTV/status/766332822831390720

the other swimmers are saying they fabricated the story but being faced with jail time wouldn't you say whatever the Brazilian police wanted

even in the press conference they are already demanding apology "to this great city of rio"

all in all i find it strange every US media outlet is siding with brazil, almost none are mentioning a gun was pulled out. almost all are saying he flatout lied..some are reporting he got in a fight (that didnt happen)..everyone is siding with brazil who clearly has ulterior motives (repairing its name and reputation) and not with the swimmers who had no reason to lie...

yes they omitted they broke a door and the extortion was to make them pay the debt. but what they said wasnt a lie

im even more surprised their isnt a public outrage demanding the swimmers be released it just mostly jokes

the missing information is why they broke the door..if it was because it was jammed im not sure they were in the wrong at all..

if they were just drunk idiots they are in the wrong but not to the extent the media is treating them
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 03:55 PM by pesik.)
08-18-2016 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: OT: The Rio, Lochte Situation
(08-18-2016 03:35 PM)pesik Wrote:  all in all i find it strange every US media outlet is siding with brazil, almost none are mentioning a gun was pulled out. almost all are saying he flatout lied.

You shouldn't find it strange. These are the Olympics, and I don't mean the games being played, I'm talking about the oppression Olympics.

Now that he's back on US soil and his games are over, the SJW-left no longer have to pretend they liked him, and he has gone back to being the white-privileged, straight, cis-gendered male scum that he always was. They are going (or at least try) to make him pay for attempting to disparage the name of the craphole that is the "great, aspiring global city" of Rio de Janerio.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 03:59 PM by Kronke.)
08-18-2016 03:51 PM
Sellular1 Online
1st String

I Root For: USF
All that hair bleach fried his brain
08-18-2016 04:02 PM
whiteman Offline
1st String

They're douche bags, they made up a false story and got caught. Screw'em, let them serve time for the false police report.
08-18-2016 04:03 PM
TUBballJunkie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
Why even make up a story? It's only an issue bc Lochte opened his mouth.
08-18-2016 04:07 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(08-18-2016 04:03 PM)whiteman Wrote:  They're douche bags, they made up a false story and got caught. Screw'em, let them serve time for the false police report.

they said they had their money took by a fake cop with a gun pointing at them..all of that was true...it clearly omitted information but it wasnt false

you are what im talking about, you are eating up what the media is telling you..
so if you go to another country accidentally break a door and the owner pulls out a gun gun on you (which is traumatizing no matter the situation) and you report it to the police, but dont mention you accidentally broke the door...you think the fair punishment for you is to go to jail?
08-18-2016 04:10 PM
Advertisement

SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(08-18-2016 04:02 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  All that hair bleach fried his brain

He's been a dumb dumb for a lot longer than that.
08-18-2016 04:10 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

(08-18-2016 04:07 PM)TUBballJunkie Wrote:  Why even make up a story? It's only an issue bc Lochte opened his mouth.

Homeboy lied because his girlfriend was back at the Olympic village waiting on him till 4 am......Rumor has it they were at the whore house in Monte Carlo? Evidently there is a area in Rio called Monte Carlo, and he made the story up to keep from getting hammered by his girlfriend.
08-18-2016 04:11 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(08-18-2016 03:51 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 03:35 PM)pesik Wrote:  all in all i find it strange every US media outlet is siding with brazil, almost none are mentioning a gun was pulled out. almost all are saying he flatout lied.

You shouldn't find it strange. These are the Olympics, and I don't mean the games being played, I'm talking about the oppression Olympics.

Now that he's back on US soil and his games are over, the SJW-left no longer have to pretend they liked him, and he has gone back to being the white-privileged, straight, cis-gendered male scum that he always was. They are going (or at least try) to make him pay for attempting to disparage the name of the craphole that is the "great, aspiring global city" of Rio de Janerio.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ryan...dc73262f93

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/9-tw...c3a160fd2?

lulz
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 04:12 PM by Kronke.)
08-18-2016 04:11 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(08-18-2016 04:07 PM)TUBballJunkie Wrote:  Why even make up a story? It's only an issue bc Lochte opened his mouth.

im guessing no one read the OP

the story wasnt made up...

lochte said he was robbed by a fake cop with a gun who took his money

what probably really happened.
a swimmer broke a door for an undisclosed reason, the gas station gets the security guard (who isnt a cop) and is armed. he pulls out his gun and forces them to pay for the damages

lochte story isnt made up just missing a ton of context
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 04:17 PM by pesik.)
08-18-2016 04:13 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(08-18-2016 04:03 PM)whiteman Wrote:  They're douche bags, they made up a false story and got caught. Screw'em, let them serve time for the false police report.

Did they even file a report? I was under the impression that they made the claim in the press and the police then began investigating. Is that not correct? If that's the case, then it sounds like they lied to the press (or at the very least embellished and misrepresented the actual events to great degree) and got caught. Not a crime---but not very impressive either.

As for Rio, its a corrupt bass ackwards place that had no business holding the Olympics. In other words, business as usual for IOC.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 04:17 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-18-2016 04:16 PM
Advertisement

TUBballJunkie Offline
Special Teams

(08-18-2016 04:13 PM)pesik Wrote:  

lochte said he was robbed my a fake cop with a gun who took his money

a swimmer broke a door for an undisclosed reason, the gas station gets the security guard (who isnt a cop) and is armed. he pulls out his gun an forces them to pay for the damages

Let me be more clear. Why even say *anything* about it at all? Just keep your trap shut and the antics never come out.
08-18-2016 04:16 PM
TUBballJunkie Offline
Special Teams

(08-18-2016 04:11 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  

Homeboy lied because his girlfriend was back at the Olympic village waiting on him till 4 am......Rumor has it they were at the whore house in Monte Carlo? Evidently there is a area in Rio called Monte Carlo, and he made the story up to keep from getting hammered by his girlfriend.

I kind of hate you for making me google "lochte girlfriend"...Perez Hilton with the scoop.
08-18-2016 04:17 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

04-cheers
(08-18-2016 04:17 PM)TUBballJunkie Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 04:11 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  

I kind of hate you for making me google "lochte girlfriend"...Perez Hilton with the scoop.

04-cheers
08-18-2016 04:20 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(08-18-2016 04:16 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Did they even file a report? I was under the impression that they made the claim in the press and the police then began investigating. Is that not correct? If that's the case, then it sounds like they lied to the press (or at the very least embellished and misrepresented the actual events to great degree) and got caught. Not a crime---but not very impressive either.

As for Rio, its a corrupt bass ackwards place that had no business holding the Olympics. In other words, business as usual for IOC.

the police investigated it after it went viral, they gave reports
08-18-2016 04:25 PM
whiteman Offline
1st String

(08-18-2016 04:10 PM)pesik Wrote:  

they said they had their money took by a fake cop with a gun pointing at them..all of that was true...it clearly omitted information but it wasnt false

you are what im talking about, you are eating up what the media is telling you..
so if you go to another country accidentally break a door and the owner pulls out a gun gun on you (which is traumatizing no matter the situation) and you report it to the police, but dont mention you accidentally broke the door...you think the fair punishment for you is to go to jail?

Douche bags. You're either Loctes mom or have some strange obsession.
08-18-2016 04:28 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
This might be better than deflategate.
08-18-2016 04:32 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(08-18-2016 04:28 PM)whiteman Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 04:10 PM)pesik Wrote:  

Douche bags. You're either Loctes mom or have some strange obsession.

no, im all for fairness, not saying he isnt a dbag we've all known about his antics for years

im just saying detaining the 2 swimmers, using militaary force, threatening jail timee for a situation in which a gun was really pulled on you is beyond measure

a private convo with the IOC about getting them to apologize..or just releasing your report to the media should have been suffice
08-18-2016 04:33 PM
Sellular1 Online
1st String

I Root For: USF

a swimmer broke a door for an undisclosed reason, the gas station gets the security guard (who isnt a cop) and is armed. he pulls out his gun and forces them to pay for the damages

He said their taxi was pulled over by police and they were robbed by them. Gun cocked and pressed against his forehead. Yeah, but you're right... They didn't make any of that up.
08-18-2016 04:33 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(08-18-2016 04:33 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  

He said their taxi was pulled over by police and they were robbed by them. Gun cocked and pressed against his forehead. Yeah, but you're right... They didn't make any of that up.

he changed the gun cocked to his head part long before the Brazil released any evidence. that it was waved around in his area.

everything else stated is in the video... theres a link in the OP which has the security video. according to cnn the brown guy in a black polo had a badge (he was just a security guard though) he tells them to get out of the taxi

a few second later all their hands are raised (obviously a gun is pulled out)
08-18-2016 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.