Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Last Chance U - Netflix Original
Bookmark and Share
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Anybody else watching? If not, I highly recommend. It's the story of EMCC and JUCO football. It's pretty good and it's getting me ready as hell for football season!
08-01-2016 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
RE: OT: Last Chance U - Netflix Original
It's pretty intense haha
08-01-2016 11:37 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Troy has three players from EMCC from when they won back to back national championships (13' and '14). We just hired their DC (Jordan Lesley) to be our DT coach. He's featured a few times on the show. South Alabama has a player from those years as well. A JUCO-All American DE I believe.
08-01-2016 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATX Bobcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
Never even heard of it. Thanks, i will check this out.
08-02-2016 12:50 AM
Teal2018 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Coastal
I binged watched this already and am so ready for football season now. Also it was fun to see some G5 schools featured in the recruiting process.
08-02-2016 01:43 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
If I'm an Auburn fan I would be deeply concerned about Franklin. Also, I seriously doubt Law ever sees the field at UAB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-02-2016 06:36 AM
Advertisement

TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital

Will watch it after I go through Stranger Things.
08-02-2016 06:50 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2016 06:50 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  

Stranger Things is amazing too. Watched that entire season in 3 days.

They take a small dig at Arkansas State in episode two of Last Chance U which sealed the deal for me and now it's my new favorite lol.
08-02-2016 07:43 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(08-02-2016 07:43 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

They take a small dig at Arkansas State in episode two of Last Chance U which sealed the deal for me and now it's my new favorite lol.
Stranger Things is fantastic. What was the dig? I know Bo Wallace lied about why he left ASU but haven't heard anything else.
08-02-2016 09:02 AM
APPdiesel Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Thanks for the heads up. I just started it and it's really eye opening.

twitter.com/DieselOnRadio
08-02-2016 09:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2016 09:02 AM)Crump1 Wrote:  

Stranger Things is fantastic. What was the dig? I know Bo Wallace lied about why he left ASU but haven't heard anything else.

It was very slight. They said "We got guys like Bo Wallace that come from places like Arkansas State who are looking to do bigger and better things." or something like that. Just what it sounded like they were implying, I thought was funny.
08-02-2016 09:34 AM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

(08-02-2016 09:34 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

It was very slight. They said "We got guys like Bo Wallace that come from places like Arkansas State who are looking to do bigger and better things." or something like that. Just what it sounded like they were implying, I thought was funny.
I figured it was some version of that. Wallace left because he could not beat out Ryan Aplin, plain and simple. There was a reason we were the only school to give him a shot out of HS.
08-02-2016 09:35 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2016 09:35 AM)Crump1 Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:34 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

I figured it was some version of that. Wallace left because he could not beat out Ryan Aplin, plain and simple. There was a reason we were the only school to give him a shot out of HS.

Lol I figured. I didn't think he was all that great at Ole Miss. The couple times I watched him on tv he was struggling.
08-02-2016 10:01 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Yeah what is hilarious (to me at least) is he went to Freeze (at AState) complaining that he should be the starter and was better than Aplin. Freeze told him he was wrong and Wallace quit.

Then when Freeze gets to Ole Miss and realizes Nutt left him with nothing at the QB position he went and talked to Bo and signed him. Then his senior year he brought Aplin in as a GA to try to improve Wallace. I'm sure Bo was tickled that Freeze thought he needed tutoring from Aplin to be a good SEC QB. :)
08-02-2016 11:22 AM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(08-02-2016 11:22 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Yeah what is hilarious (to me at least) is he went to Freeze (at AState) complaining that he should be the starter and was better than Aplin. Freeze told him he was wrong and Wallace quit.

Then when Freeze gets to Ole Miss and realizes Nutt left him with nothing at the QB position he went and talked to Bo and signed him. Then his senior year he brought Aplin in as a GA to try to improve Wallace. I'm sure Bo was tickled that Freeze thought he needed tutoring from Aplin to be a good SEC QB. :)
Oh, that is rich! I love that!

sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
08-02-2016 11:33 AM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

(08-02-2016 11:33 AM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 11:22 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Yeah what is hilarious (to me at least) is he went to Freeze (at AState) complaining that he should be the starter and was better than Aplin. Freeze told him he was wrong and Wallace quit.

Oh, that is rich! I love that!

sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Wallace also complained that once it was determined that he would redshirt his first year, he said Freeze just ignored him and didn't try to develop his skill set. When we promoted Freeze from OC to HC at the end of the season, he said he didn't want to play for someone that ignored him and didn't help him to get better. Funny how he didn't mind playing for Freeze a year later. People may think that Beau must have been better because he started for an SEC team, but without a doubt, Aplin was the better QB.
08-02-2016 11:51 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I watched one of the Ole Miss games on ESPN3 Skycam just for the heck of it and I honestly started laughing as soon as he threw one pass because it was obviously a pick the instant it left his hand. Still amazes me Hugh has had such a struggle trying to get a QB.
08-02-2016 01:15 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
I also appreciate Drew pointing this out...looks like a winner for our next show of choice!

(Since we've recently finished...yep, Stranger Things. Holy crap was that a great show.)
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 01:22 PM by Pounce FTW.)
08-02-2016 01:15 PM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
Good show! Reminds me of a 'Last Chance U" team in our conference whose roster is 1/3 JUCO and transfer.
08-09-2016 06:31 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(08-02-2016 06:36 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  If I'm an Auburn fan I would be deeply concerned about Franklin. Also, I seriously doubt Law ever sees the field at UAB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why you think well over half your football team is not exactly like any of those kids lol.

I watched it is was reallly good. The Coach is a little over the top he is gonna have a heart attack if he does not dial it back some. Reminded me of Brian Kelly.
08-09-2016 07:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.