Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jonesboro hotel
Bookmark and Share
Fark Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GS Eagles
Jonesboro hotel
I thought that someone posted a few months ago about a new Courtyard by Marriott opening in Jonesboro this summer. Is there any validity to my recollection?
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 08:06 AM by Fark.)
07-30-2016 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Jonesboro hotel
They're building a hotel and convention center across from football and the convo. Probably start 3rd quarter 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#WolvesUp
07-30-2016 08:08 AM
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Jonesboro hotel
(07-30-2016 08:06 AM)Fark Wrote:  I thought that someone posted a few months ago about a new Courtyard by Marriott opening in Jonesboro this summer. Is there any validity to my recollection?

It'll be an Embassy Suites.
07-30-2016 08:18 AM
Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
(07-30-2016 08:18 AM)JSinLR Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 08:06 AM)Fark Wrote:  I thought that someone posted a few months ago about a new Courtyard by Marriott opening in Jonesboro this summer. Is there any validity to my recollection?

It'll be an Embassy Suites.

Will be fantastic for campus, recruiting, tailgating, etc. But visiting fans don't need to get their hopes up for getting a room. I suspect it will be completely sold out well in advance for all football home games. For basketball, it might be an option.
07-30-2016 09:25 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-30-2016 08:08 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  They're building a hotel and convention center across from football and the convo. Probably start 3rd quarter 2016.

#WolvesUp

He's talking about the Courtyard by Marriott that is opening near the bypass. It was supposed to be ready this summer...but I have no idea if its open yet.
07-30-2016 09:52 AM
chiefsfan Offline

Courtyard is apparently not open yet, however if you are a Marriott rewards member, there is a Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott that opened about a year ago and should accept your rewards points.

I'm trying to find an open date for you, but there's been very little talk on it because of the convention center issues that have overshadowed everything.
07-30-2016 09:54 AM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Jonesboro hotel
(07-30-2016 09:54 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Courtyard is apparently not open yet, however if you are a Marriott rewards member, there is a Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott that opened about a year ago and should accept your rewards points.

I'm trying to find an open date for you, but there's been very little talk on it because of the convention center issues that have overshadowed everything.

Forgot that one. There is also one opening across from new NEA hospital.

#WolvesUp
07-30-2016 11:08 AM
Advertisement

Fark Offline
Bench Warmer

I have a room at the Fairfield Inn for our game. I would have preferred a Courtyard especially if it were closer to the stadium.
07-30-2016 08:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-30-2016 08:42 PM)Fark Wrote:  

I have a room at the Fairfield Inn for our game. I would have preferred a Courtyard especially if it were closer to the stadium.

We've got two hotels building. One over by the I555 bypass about a 10 minute drive South of Campus, and the other over by the new hospital, about a 6-7 minute drive North of Campus. I am not sure if either will be open by October. Most visiting fans usually stay by the bypass because the bypass is the easy way out of town the following day that won't involve you fighting city traffic the next morning after a soul crushing defeat.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 09:43 PM by chiefsfan.)
07-30-2016 09:42 PM
Fark Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-30-2016 09:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

We've got two hotels building. One over by the I555 bypass about a 10 minute drive South of Campus, and the other over by the new hospital, about a 6-7 minute drive North of Campus. I am not sure if either will be open by October. Most visiting fans usually stay by the bypass because the bypass is the easy way out of town the following day that won't involve you fighting city traffic the next morning after a soul crushing defeat.
That may be true of most fans but I am planning on driving around town the next morning showing my GS gear after our upset victory.
07-31-2016 07:01 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(07-31-2016 07:01 AM)Fark Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 09:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

That may be true of most fans but I am planning on driving around town the next morning showing my GS gear after our upset victory.

So, what you are actually acknowledging is that Georgia Southern beating us would be a pretty sizable upset? Cool!
07-31-2016 12:31 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
I've looked at the stats for the staff they are bringing in for this Embassy Suites and I can say the staff is head and shoulders better than any hotel staff in the conference. 4 star staff and depth can not be touched.
07-31-2016 03:06 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
For a time the Courtyard was showing up on Marriott.com as available in November but haven't found it again.
07-31-2016 03:28 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
About 20 minutes north of the stadium there is a new Hampton Inn being built. Not sure it will be ready the first of the season. About a quarter of a mile further on is a Holiday Inn Express that's only 2 or 3 years old. Go another half a mile is the Rustic Inn. A little older than the other two and used to be in the Best Western group. It was and still looks good from the outside.
07-31-2016 04:24 PM
sigmachi272injunjoe Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(07-31-2016 03:28 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  For a time the Courtyard was showing up on Marriott.com as available in November but haven't found it again.

The new hotel across from NEA Baptist is still just a dirt field. No iron has been put up or anything other than moving dirt around. Best Western recently just renovated from top to bottom / inside and out the old Wilson Inn that front's the interstate. Haven't been inside it yet - but it looks like they did a really good job on it. It is by far the most updated of the hotels on Phillips Drive - other than the two newer hotels behind the old hospital building off of Apache Drive.
07-31-2016 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.