Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IF the Big 12 Expands it will likely be
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
IF the Big 12 Expands it will likely be
Boise State, BYU, Air Force, and UCONN.

They already have Texas and Oklahoma so UH, Tulsa, and SMU are out. Tulane and U_F are too far south for WVU. That leaves Temple, Cincy, ECU, UCONN, Navy, and Memphis from the AAC.

Big 12 hasn't had Colorado presence for around a decade now and adding an academy to boot will raise their stock. BYU and Boise have played their way in and the Big 12 aren't academic elitists like the PAC so Boise easily gets in.

Now if I was the Big 12 I would add Co State + 1 and tell WVU to **** off, but let's assume that's a pipe dream. They have to please WVU so throw them a bone with UCONN who with BYU sures up basketball votes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
07-20-2016 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: IF the Big 12 Expands it will likely be
04-cheers 03-drunk Does your Drinking always start right after noon? 03-drunk 04-cheers
07-20-2016 01:57 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: IF the Big 12 Expands it will likely be
(07-20-2016 12:18 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Boise State, BYU, Air Force, and UCONN.

They already have Texas and Oklahoma so UH, Tulsa, and SMU are out. Tulane and U_F are too far south for WVU. That leaves Temple, Cincy, ECU, UCONN, Navy, and Memphis from the AAC.

Big 12 hasn't had Colorado presence for around a decade now and adding an academy to boot will raise their stock. BYU and Boise have played their way in and the Big 12 aren't academic elitists like the PAC so Boise easily gets in.

Now if I was the Big 12 I would add Co State + 1 and tell WVU to **** off, but let's assume that's a pipe dream. They have to please WVU so throw them a bone with UCONN who with BYU sures up basketball votes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're building half of this scenario on the whims of one school who has been in the conference for a few years. That's not how this is going to work.

The schools will be considered as a total package.

They aren't going to have a conference that stretches from Boise to Storrs. Just won't happen. They already hate traveling to WVU because it's difficult to get to. They will want schools that fit their profile, offer a new market, have a high ceiling (i.e., are poised to maximally benefit from the startup cap the conference is giving them), offer recruiting territory, and that they can easily get to in order to reduce the planes/trains/automobile situation that today's student athletes have to go through.

They're also going to have to make compromises because not every school checks all the boxes. So if they go with a Tier 3/4 school on athletic strength, they may need to balance it out with a Tulane to make Texas/OU/Kansas/ISU presidents happy. If they go with a Houston, they may need to add a UCF to appease the presidents who really want big, new markets in the footprint.

I believe this will be consensus decision-making. There will be horse trading. All of the pieces are going to have to fit together as a package.
07-20-2016 04:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.