Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Art Briles be able to coach again?
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
I am not that familiar with the situation. Will Briles pick up a new coaching job in a year or two?
06-24-2016 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Will Art Briles be able to coach again?
Herman to Texas, Briles to Houston. Bobby Petrino style.
06-24-2016 07:31 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Briles is done.
06-24-2016 07:41 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(06-24-2016 07:41 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  Briles is done.
Yeah, this

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
06-24-2016 07:44 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(06-24-2016 07:31 PM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  Herman to Texas, Briles to Houston. Bobby Petrino style.

Strong ain't going no where now. He just got half of baylors recruits. He is going to be riding high for quite awhile.
06-24-2016 08:10 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
There will always be a school that will hire someone like Briles...as long as he wins.

Memories are short and can always be modified.
06-24-2016 09:15 PM
Advertisement

CheeseSndwch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Univ. Houston
I could see him doing some private coaching/clinics/camps until the wind blows over and then catching on with a high school team.
06-24-2016 09:29 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(06-24-2016 07:28 PM)chess Wrote:  I am not that familiar with the situation. Will Briles pick up a new coaching job in a year or two?

Of course, once Florida State or UNC have an opening.
06-24-2016 09:33 PM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

Probably longer than a year or two but he will definitely coach again.
06-24-2016 09:39 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Tell me...
Is John Calapari still coaching?
Is Rick Petino still coaching?
Is Bobby Petrino still coaching?
Is Bruce Pearl still coaching?

Win...you will ALWAYS have another shot. It doesn't matter if you lie, cheat, steal, or perhaps even commit a crime. It doesn't matter if you leave your last school and employer in shambles.

Lose...and you're done. If Briles goes somewhere and loses then he's D-O-N-E. But he has at least one guaranteed round left in the magazine at this point.
06-24-2016 09:58 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

(06-24-2016 09:58 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Tell me...

Win...you will ALWAYS have another shot. It doesn't matter if you lie, cheat, steal, or perhaps even commit a crime. It doesn't matter if you leave your last school and employer in shambles.

Lose...and you're done. If Briles goes somewhere and loses then he's D-O-N-E. But he has at least one guaranteed round left in the magazine at this point.

None of those folks have ever been accused of attempting to cover up multiple sexual assaults.

The scandal at Baylor is Paterno-level stuff. It's very likely that Briles is going to be a defendant in some seriously ugly civil suits. No FBS school is going to want get involved with that.
06-24-2016 10:21 PM
Advertisement

WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2016 10:21 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  

None of those folks have ever been accused of attempting to cover up multiple sexual assaults.

The scandal at Baylor is Paterno-level stuff. It's very likely that Briles is going to be a defendant in some seriously ugly civil suits. No FBS school is going to want get involved with that.

And if Paterno hadn't had poor health he would of coached again. Briles will go scout in the pro's for a few years (or something comparable) and then comeback. He's too good of coach not to get a second chance. Whether that's morally right or not is irrelevant.
06-25-2016 12:20 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(06-25-2016 12:20 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  

And if Paterno hadn't had poor health he would of coached again. Briles will go scout in the pro's for a few years (or something comparable) and then comeback. He's too good of coach not to get a second chance. Whether that's morally right or not is irrelevant.

Ya history says a good coach like him will get a job eventually. Its funny how paterno died just as the investigations were coming out. It's almost like he chose death rather than face the consequences of his actions.
06-25-2016 12:36 AM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

There is no comparison between Briles and those other coaches.

Briles is done as a HC.

Quite frankly, Baby Briles, Jeff Lebby, and Phil Bennet should be done at Baylor as well.
06-25-2016 03:52 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I could see Briles as an OC on an NFL team. The hotter commodity you are the more you can get away with, and Briles is arguably the top offensive coach in all of college football.
06-25-2016 07:04 AM
Rolling Wave Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Tulane
Briles will join Larry Brown at SMU
06-25-2016 08:40 AM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(06-25-2016 03:52 AM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  There is no comparison between Briles and those other coaches.

Briles is done as a HC.

Quite frankly, Baby Briles, Jeff Lebby, and Phil Bennet should be done at Baylor as well.

Phil likes to come across as the aw shucks good ole boy but he's a prick
06-25-2016 08:41 AM
coogrfan Offline
All American

(06-25-2016 12:20 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  And if Paterno hadn't had poor health he would of coached again.

Nah. The level of public outrage that surrounded Paterno at the time meant he was done.

(06-25-2016 12:20 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Briles will go scout in the pro's for a few years (or something comparable) and then comeback. He's too good of coach not to get a second chance. Whether that's morally right or not is irrelevant.

It's not a question of morality. Briles is going to be hit with multiple civil suits that could take years to resolve (he's 61 now). It's also likely that the NCAA is going to slap him with the Mother of All Show-Cause Penalties.

Why would any FBS program want to take on all that?
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 09:04 AM by coogrfan.)
06-25-2016 09:03 AM
coogrfan Offline
All American

(06-25-2016 07:04 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I could see Briles as an OC on an NFL team. The hotter commodity you are the more you can get away with, and Briles is arguably the top offensive coach in all of college football.

The key words there being "college football". AB's offensive approach (limited number of plays run from a wide variety of personnel packages and formations) wouldn't work in the pros.

Imo the best AB can hope for is an FCS level job, and even that is unlikely.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 09:13 AM by coogrfan.)
06-25-2016 09:09 AM
BattleCougarRed_88 Offline
2nd String

(06-25-2016 12:36 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(06-25-2016 12:20 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  

Ya history says a good coach like him will get a job eventually. Its funny how paterno died just as the investigations were coming out. It's almost like he chose death rather than face the consequences of his actions.

Kind of harsh to say he chose death considering he died of lung cancer. I wouldn't wish anyone that.
06-25-2016 11:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.