Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FIU baseball coach "Resigns"
Bookmark and Share
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
FIU baseball coach "Resigns"
Kendall Rogers is reporting that Turtle Thomas has resigned, he was unlikely to be extended, so this was pre-emptive.

The top prospects out there seem to be JD Arteaga, Pitching Coach at um and Mervyl Melendez, HC at Alabama State. Go F I U!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2016 04:59 PM by BeliefBlazer.)
06-15-2016 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USM@FTL Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: FIU baseball coach "Resigns"
Didn't FIU do well last year?
06-15-2016 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

29-29 in his 9th year, regressed from the previous year. It was time to go.
06-15-2016 06:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Maybe it was just time.

19-34
34-23
36-25
40-20
31-26
26-32
36-20
30-31
29-29
06-15-2016 06:35 PM
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Melendez would be a very good hire, IMO.
06-15-2016 06:41 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(06-15-2016 05:47 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Kendall Rogers is reporting that Turtle Thomas has resigned, he was unlikely to be extended, so this was pre-emptive.

The top prospects out there seem to be JD Arteaga, Pitching Coach at um and Mervyl Melendez, HC at Alabama State. Go F I U!

During our regional in which Alabama State was playing, I thought I heard the broadcaster mention that Melendez was already taking the job?
06-16-2016 08:26 AM
southernbirds67 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: SOUTHERN MISS!!
After some of the dumb base running errors he committed in the elimination game in the conference tourney, I'm surprised they let him travel back with the team!
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2016 10:52 AM by southernbirds67.)
06-16-2016 10:22 AM
Advertisement

FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

The lack of mental toughness has been a trademark of Turtle teams. You could always count on them to make a mistake in a late inning crucial situation. He overstayed his welcome by 3 years if you ask me. I hope you are right eagle04, I think Melendez would be excellent with the additional resources he would have at his disposal. Go F I U!
06-16-2016 02:05 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
get the guy from Miami
06-16-2016 03:32 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Rumor mill is going strong on this one, the candidates appear to be...

JD Arteaga - Pitching Coach Miami
Greg Lovelady - HC Wright State
Mervyl Melendez - HC Alabama State
Marc Calvi - HC South Alabama
Greg Brown - HC Nova Southeastern (2016 NCAA DII National Champions)

It's a pretty good list if you ask me, I have a hard time between Lovelady and Melendez. However, the favorite is JD Arteaga according to most. Go F I U!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2016 03:22 PM by FIU Panther Fan.)
06-21-2016 03:15 PM
Advertisement

FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Interesting News....

[Image: rp_primary_Baseball_stadium.jpg]

Quote:In an effort to continue competing at the highest level and propel the baseball team to greater heights, FIU Athletics seeks to improve the FIU Baseball Stadium with a multi-million dollar renovation project. With funds still being raised, the FIU Stadium project will help improve recruiting, enhance the well-being of the student-athletes and improve the overall fan experience.

"We want our programs to continue to grow," FIU Executive Director of Sports and Entertainment Pete Garcia said. "In order to do that, we need to enhance the facilities and give our student-athletes the tools they need to be their very best. Baseball has a rich tradition here at FIU and we need to make an investment in its future."

Improvements to the FIU Baseball Stadium will include a state-of-the-art locker room and lounge area, indoor batting cage and bullpen area, private suites and an open-air canopy to provide shade for stadium patrons.

http://www.fiusports.com/news/2016/6/22/...h=baseball

Also, the twitter verse is talking about Marshall's HC being a candidate, which I found interesting.
06-22-2016 01:19 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(06-22-2016 01:19 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Interesting News....

[Image: rp_primary_Baseball_stadium.jpg]

Quote:In an effort to continue competing at the highest level and propel the baseball team to greater heights, FIU Athletics seeks to improve the FIU Baseball Stadium with a multi-million dollar renovation project. With funds still being raised, the FIU Stadium project will help improve recruiting, enhance the well-being of the student-athletes and improve the overall fan experience.

"We want our programs to continue to grow," FIU Executive Director of Sports and Entertainment Pete Garcia said. "In order to do that, we need to enhance the facilities and give our student-athletes the tools they need to be their very best. Baseball has a rich tradition here at FIU and we need to make an investment in its future."

Improvements to the FIU Baseball Stadium will include a state-of-the-art locker room and lounge area, indoor batting cage and bullpen area, private suites and an open-air canopy to provide shade for stadium patrons.

http://www.fiusports.com/news/2016/6/22/...h=baseball

Also, the twitter verse is talking about Marshall's HC being a candidate, which I found interesting.

No! You cannot have Wags!
06-27-2016 01:00 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
what's taking so long?
06-27-2016 05:02 PM
Advertisement

FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Not sure, but JD Arteaga is no longer a candidate, which is good news if you ask me.
06-27-2016 06:04 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Looks like ASU head coach Mervyl Melendez will be announced as the new head coach at FIU. I like it.
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/stor.../86455192/
06-28-2016 06:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.