Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Next Coach at Baylor
Bookmark and Share
wal0001 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Next Coach at Baylor
With Art Riles gone, any chance they come after Mike Novel?
05-26-2016 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
RE: Next Coach at Baylor
(05-26-2016 12:40 PM)wal0001 Wrote:  With Art Riles gone, any chance they come after Mike Novel?

A+ stuff here.
05-26-2016 12:41 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Kendal Briles anyone?
05-26-2016 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beetlejuice Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
Heard they were going for Fuente.
05-26-2016 12:52 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
They would have a better chance with Butch Jones than Norvell......But with the Problems at Ole Miss and Baylor they could just do a swap Freeze to Baylor.....Hear Freeze will be looking for a new gig before its said and done too.....No Limits....The World Is Ours Memphis...
05-26-2016 12:58 PM
EdmondTiger Offline
Special Teams

(05-26-2016 12:42 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Kendal Briles anyone?

Not a chance.
05-26-2016 01:19 PM
Advertisement

SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
(05-26-2016 12:40 PM)wal0001 Wrote:  With Art Riles gone, any chance they come after Mike Novel?

No. And Norvell wouldn't take it even if they did.

Even more to the point, who is going to take the job if the entire staff gets canned, which could plausibly happen? Baylor is in REAL trouble, and that's not counting the criminal, social, and political fallout. It was a bottom feeder job within the conference to begin with, and that's before it became as toxic as a Nuclear Waste site. The lawsuits are coming big time, and will resonate for years, and the school is going to have to come down on the team in some sort of way. The money they are going to have to pay out to the victims is going to come straight out of Baylor's football budget, not the English department.

If you consider taking this job, you are most certainly walking into SOME sort of self-imposed sanctions, due to the political fallout, and you'll be coming into the job less than 100 days from kickoff. You may not get to play for a championship or bowl, which negates the talent you have, and since - I believe - the kids can leave if the coach is canned you may be looking at a mass exodus. What if one of the current players knew something or somehow helped cover up the matter or intimidate a coed who tried to go for help? That would nix any 'don't punish the kids' cry. You don't think they'd make Baylor ineligible for three years like THAT?

You are following one of the most successful coaches in school history - if not THE most successful - and yet you will still be viewed as the cheater for even being associated with the school.

No coach that is hired can have even a hint of impropriety on his record - absolutely NO Bobby Petrino or Calipari-like coaches can be hired. And he's got to be available tomorrow. Plus, the AD may be out - it's probably still being worked out, so you don't even know who you're boss will be (not to mention the President).

Don't even get me started on the possible Big XII ramifications of this.

It doesn't matter if there's a palatial new stadium on campus and All-American talent on the field - It's literally the worst possible job you can have right now.

Baylor's fukked.
05-26-2016 01:58 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(05-26-2016 12:41 PM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  

A+ stuff here.

Art Biles
05-26-2016 02:13 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Baylor should drop football.
05-26-2016 02:22 PM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-26-2016 02:22 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Baylor should drop football.

I'd hope they take Novel and not our new coach.

They should just bow out of the B12 and let us take their spot, right? I always find it even more amazing when its the "Christian" school that stoops to "whatever it takes to win" mentality, disregarding morals, ethics, their "beliefs" etc. WWJD
05-26-2016 02:33 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
University of SF dropped Bassetball for three years. Boosters went cray cray, I kinda remember...i was living down the street at the time it happened.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/sports....html?_r=0

In announcing the termination of intercollegiate basketball in July 1982, the Rev. John Lo Schiavo, president of the university, a Jesuit institution, said the program had become perceived as “hypocritical or naïve or inept or duplicitous, or perhaps some combination of these.”

He added, “All the legitimate purposes of an athletic program in an educational institution are being distorted by the athletic program as it developed.”
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016 02:39 PM by snowtiger.)
05-26-2016 02:39 PM
Advertisement

cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
And don't forget the basketball program there…

"WACO, Tex.— When a basketball player at the world's largest Baptist university was shot twice in the head near an old gravel pit and his former teammate was arrested and charged with pulling the trigger, the event seemed dramatic enough to open a beach holiday page turner.

And then the story unfolded, layer by layer, to expose the lying coach, the cheating program, drugs, secret tapes, clandestine meetings and an attempted cover-up at Baylor University.

Patrick Dennehy is dead -- his life to be celebrated Thursday at a final memorial service on campus. His former teammate Carlton Dotson sits in a Maryland jail cell. On Wednesday, a grand jury here indicted Dotson in Dennehy's murder.

Dave Bliss, the Baylor coach who used to dispense life-affirming advice to his players on topics like ''what it is to be a man,'' has resigned and may face criminal charges based on contents of the tapes."
05-26-2016 02:43 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
Baylor out ... Memphis in.

B12 here we come!
05-26-2016 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beetlejuice Offline
Bench Warmer

Next year GT will be hoping their head coach is heading to Waco!
05-26-2016 03:19 PM
TIGER DENO Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(05-26-2016 02:39 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  University of SF dropped Bassetball for three years. Boosters went cray cray, I kinda remember...i was living down the street at the time it happened.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/sports....html?_r=0

In announcing the termination of intercollegiate basketball in July 1982, the Rev. John Lo Schiavo, president of the university, a Jesuit institution, said the program had become perceived as “hypocritical or naïve or inept or duplicitous, or perhaps some combination of these.”

He added, “All the legitimate purposes of an athletic program in an educational institution are being distorted by the athletic program as it developed.”

https://youtu.be/JIbp5C-5WXM

He was a bassetball Jones
05-26-2016 03:19 PM
TIGER DENO Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(05-26-2016 02:43 PM)cmt Wrote:  And don't forget the basketball program there…

"WACO, Tex.— When a basketball player at the world's largest Baptist university was shot twice in the head near an old gravel pit and his former teammate was arrested and charged with pulling the trigger, the event seemed dramatic enough to open a beach holiday page turner.

And then the story unfolded, layer by layer, to expose the lying coach, the cheating program, drugs, secret tapes, clandestine meetings and an attempted cover-up at Baylor University.

Patrick Dennehy is dead -- his life to be celebrated Thursday at a final memorial service on campus. His former teammate Carlton Dotson sits in a Maryland jail cell. On Wednesday, a grand jury here indicted Dotson in Dennehy's murder.

Dave Bliss, the Baylor coach who used to dispense life-affirming advice to his players on topics like ''what it is to be a man,'' has resigned and may face criminal charges based on contents of the tapes."

Sounds like a job for CJP .03-idea
05-26-2016 03:21 PM
Advertisement

WColt45 Offline
Tigris Fanaticus

I Root For: West TN Normal
(05-26-2016 02:13 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(05-26-2016 12:41 PM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  

A+ stuff here.

Art Biles

Bart Isles
05-26-2016 04:16 PM
Timmy989 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis & ETSU

Is that a Memphis English professor?
05-26-2016 04:59 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Penn State has come through its troubles somewhat. Baylor will too, after some rough times.
05-26-2016 05:09 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Penn State had decades of legacy.

Briles is responsible for Baylor meaning anything in college football and that's a rather recent development.
05-26-2016 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.