Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] CCU Stadium Exp/Liberty-Army Talk
Bookmark and Share
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Neil Young
[split] CCU Stadium Exp/Liberty-Army Talk
Much that could be said here... I will refrain. Check back in 5 years - Liberty's not getting into the Sun Belt will be seen as a blessing.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2016 03:52 PM by CatMom.)
05-07-2016 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThaGinga Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt/FSU/CFB
RE: CCU Stadium Expansion
(05-07-2016 04:13 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Much that could be said here... I will refrain. Check back in 5 years - Liberty's not getting into the Sun Belt will be seen as a blessing.

It definitely has been a blessing for the entire Sun Belt Conference. Thank you for your concern. 07-coffee3
05-07-2016 04:34 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Guess he has info that Liberty is going straight to the ACC!!!

We will all be so embarrassed.03-banghead
05-07-2016 04:40 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(05-07-2016 04:13 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Much that could be said here... I will refrain. Check back in 5 years - Liberty's not getting into the Sun Belt will be seen as a blessing.

Yes, Liberty's future in the COC (Comb Over Conference) with Trump University is going to really show the Sun Belt what they're missing out on.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 11:07 AM by CoastalAlum2011.)
05-08-2016 10:05 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital

Blessing for us indeed.
05-08-2016 07:39 PM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(05-07-2016 04:34 PM)ThaGinga Wrote:  

It definitely has been a blessing for the entire Sun Belt Conference. Thank you for your concern. 07-coffee3

I guess he expects President Trump to move them to FBS by Executive order or something.

Or maybe they are drinking the cool aid on a large movement of FBS to FCS in light of recent events? Maybe they had Sam Baker as a guest speaker or something. Is he kin to Tammy Faye Baker could be something to that..

Here is my only real concern and is what the Liberty folk need to focus on. WINNING! I know, they beat App State. And I'd harp on that if it weren't for our loss to gast.

But if Liberty want's to go FBS, they need to win some championships at the FCS level, or at least be making some noise in the playoffs and national rankings. IF Liberty was a real winner/contender on the Football field and could make a contribution to our conference in that area - they'd find a lot less opposition to the Flames.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 11:16 AM by The4thOption.)
05-09-2016 11:15 AM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(05-09-2016 11:15 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  

I guess he expects President Trump to move them to FBS by Executive order or something.

Or maybe they are drinking the cool aid on a large movement of FBS to FCS in light of recent events? Maybe they had Sam Baker as a guest speaker or something. Is he kin to Tammy Faye Baker could be something to that..

Here is my only real concern and is what the Liberty folk need to focus on. WINNING! I know, they beat App State. And I'd harp on that if it weren't for our loss to gast.

But if Liberty want's to go FBS, they need to win some championships at the FCS level, or at least be making some noise in the playoffs and national rankings. IF Liberty was a real winner/contender on the Football field and could make a contribution to our conference in that area - they'd find a lot less opposition to the Flames.

Politics (and religion aside) I think Liberty would make a good candidate to test the FCS to FBS move as an independent. They have the money to do it so I think the NCAA should give them a wavier since no conference will take a chance on them.
05-09-2016 11:19 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(05-09-2016 11:19 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

Politics (and religion aside) I think Liberty would make a good candidate to test the FCS to FBS move as an independent. They have the money to do it so I think the NCAA should give them a wavier since no conference will take a chance on them.

The Independent Conference!

They fight for Liberty and Independence! 04-rock

Would be a good slogan.

But will they get an invite from BYU,Army,NMSU and UMass? 05-stirthepot
Do we still consider ND indy?
05-09-2016 11:27 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(05-09-2016 11:27 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  

Would be a good slogan.

Honestly I didn't think about them going Indy but I think that might be good for them. Maybe get some wins then the SBC or CUSA might have more interest.
05-09-2016 12:27 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

(05-09-2016 12:27 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 04:34 PM)ThaGinga Wrote:  It definitely has been a blessing for the entire Sun Belt Conference. Thank you for your concern. 07-coffee3

Would be a good slogan.

Honestly I didn't think about them going Indy but I think that might be good for them. Maybe get some wins then the SBC or CUSA might have more interest.

Yea. Except that is not possible. So there's that problem.
05-09-2016 01:37 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(05-09-2016 01:37 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 11:15 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  I guess he expects President Trump to move them to FBS by Executive order or something.

Would be a good slogan.

Hence the suggested wavier to allow it.
05-09-2016 02:10 PM
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(05-09-2016 02:10 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 01:37 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 11:19 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Politics (and religion aside) I think Liberty would make a good candidate to test the FCS to FBS move as an independent. They have the money to do it so I think the NCAA should give them a wavier since no conference will take a chance on them.

Would be a good slogan.

Hence the suggested wavier to allow it.

Beat me to it lol
05-09-2016 02:49 PM
Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Flames
05-10-2016 08:43 AM
rokamortis Offline
All American

(05-10-2016 08:43 AM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  There's money out there .... http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mckin...ond-050916

Yes ... the money isn't the issue for Coastal - we planned to bond out the cost just like your example. The CHE just isn't approving our plan ... have to work through the new political landscape since this new CHE chair took over last October.
05-10-2016 09:12 AM
Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Flames
Like some said Liberty needs to keep winning against Sun Belt teams, like wise Coastal needs to prove they can fill 15000 seats.
05-10-2016 12:42 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

(05-10-2016 12:42 PM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  Like some said Liberty needs to keep winning against Sun Belt teams, like wise Coastal needs to prove they can fill 15000 seats.

How exactly do you fill 10,000 seats with 15,000 people?

One would think your hypothetical would be impossible. However, actually having a successful athletics program SHOULD be within liberty's reach, but alas they can't do it.

On average, Liberty is not even in contention for the top 2 spots in the big south as an athletic program.

Did you attend the online school?
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 12:45 PM by CoastalAlum2011.)
05-10-2016 12:43 PM
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(05-10-2016 12:43 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 12:42 PM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  Like some said Liberty needs to keep winning against Sun Belt teams, like wise Coastal needs to prove they can fill 15000 seats.

One would think your hypothetical would be impossible. However, actually having a successful athletics program SHOULD be within liberty's reach, but alas they can't do it.

On average, Liberty is not even in contention for the top 2 spots in the big south as an athletic program.

I do wish Liberty would get over the hump of being an average athletic program. They have a lot of alumni, support, and money to do great things in athletics. They are one of those teams I see with a lot pf potential, but just isn't reaching it.
05-10-2016 12:59 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

(05-10-2016 12:59 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 12:43 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  

I do wish Liberty would get over the hump of being an average athletic program. They have a lot of alumni, support, and money to do great things in athletics. They are one of those teams I see with a lot pf potential, but just isn't reaching it.

They do everything except consistently win in the big 3 sports across the board.

And that one thing means more than everything else combined. And that's why they're in the big south and why they will stay there.
05-10-2016 01:03 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
A majority of Liberty fans would agree that were not getting a good return on investment. We spend way to much on salaries for the product on the field. Facilities doesn't equal wins.
05-10-2016 01:15 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

No one cares about Liberty.

This is about our stadium expansion.

We have the money.

The approval is tied up in politics out of our control.

We are moving forward, and the SunBelt will look back 5 years from now and see that adding Coastal was a fantastic decision.
05-10-2016 01:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.