Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Mike the Tiger has inoperable cancer
Bookmark and Share
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Mike the Tiger has inoperable cancer
I never knew that Mike is a Bengal-Siberian hybrid tiger.

http://deadspin.com/lsu-mascot-mike-the-...1778264700
05-23-2016 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Mike the Tiger has inoperable cancer
How old is TOM III now? Seven? Eight?
05-23-2016 05:40 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(05-23-2016 05:40 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  How old is TOM III now? Seven? Eight?
He was born 8/31/08 so he will be eight years old in about three months.

http://www.highlandhundred.org/TOM_faq.cfm
05-23-2016 07:05 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
Its sad that anybody keeps a wild animal in cages.....including us. tom is a beautiful animal but every time I see him in that cage I cringe. this is one of the shortcomings of the university that needs to be addressed. the problem is that once you have taken care of them and fed them they cant survive in their native habitats so releasing them is not an option. I hope that this is the last tiger the university has. I'm not an animal rights nut, but keeping a tiger serves no purpose.
05-23-2016 07:05 PM
memphisike Online
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
I think it's greatttt, we have Tom and yes he's at the game in a.c.cooled gage for home games, but the Dude lives large when he's off work. I hope we continue the tradition. Maybe we should change the mascot like so many other schools have done. I know let's be the safe zones
05-23-2016 07:24 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(05-23-2016 07:05 PM)btiger Wrote:  Its sad that anybody keeps a wild animal in cages.....including us. tom is a beautiful animal but every time I see him in that cage I cringe. this is one of the shortcomings of the university that needs to be addressed. the problem is that once you have taken care of them and fed them they cant survive in their native habitats so releasing them is not an option. I hope that this is the last tiger the university has. I'm not an animal rights nut, but keeping a tiger serves no purpose.

You have cast many lines over the years, but the above is premium brand bait and among your best. Well done, sir! 04-cheers
05-23-2016 07:34 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Geez. Put the poor cat to sleep. Making that cat have to go through radiation just to add a year and a half of life while he deteriorates and has no clue what is going on is selfish.
05-23-2016 08:17 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

When they played the fight song for Tom II... I will never forget it.
05-23-2016 08:43 PM
UOFMGLENN Online
The Grand Wazoo

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-23-2016 07:05 PM)btiger Wrote:  Its sad that anybody keeps a wild animal in cages.....including us. tom is a beautiful animal but every time I see him in that cage I cringe. this is one of the shortcomings of the university that needs to be addressed. the problem is that once you have taken care of them and fed them they cant survive in their native habitats so releasing them is not an option. I hope that this is the last tiger the university has. I'm not an animal rights nut, but keeping a tiger serves no purpose.
Oh please
05-23-2016 09:14 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

[Image: e5be4746e9fe0f2e7e3869ed1146ff92cc7cb7d4...a37e23.jpg]
05-23-2016 10:02 PM
tiger68 Away
Special Teams

(05-23-2016 09:14 PM)UOFMGLENN Wrote:  
Oh please
04-cheers I would pay to see a Cage Fight between Btiger and TOM The Tiger. Winner eats all.
05-23-2016 10:04 PM
Advertisement

John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I actually agree with this.
05-23-2016 10:13 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

I agree.
05-23-2016 10:19 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
(05-23-2016 10:13 PM)John44932 Wrote:  

I actually agree with this.

(05-23-2016 10:19 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I agree.

I concur as well. I think there is absolutely no malice in the tradition, but I think its been outgrown.
I think we should totally have a University Tiger, but it can be at a preserve and be a 'video' participant at our games.

I wish the LSU tiger the best. As Deadspin says... Good kitty...
05-23-2016 10:26 PM
BuccTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis / ETSU
I think our Tiger has it made. He's basically housed in his own preserve.
05-23-2016 11:10 PM
Tiger Greg Offline
1st String

Isn't TOM III on loan from a tiger rescue organization? IIRC, he has a sister who is white. I also think he's not neutered because there aren't any females around.
All in all, he seems to be a pretty lucky Cat.
05-24-2016 01:19 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I see action on B's cast as the fish take the bait. It is fun watching a plan unfold. Carry on! 04-clap2
05-24-2016 07:26 AM
tiger86 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Not true. Old and sick ones in India hide in the reeds by the rivers and eat unsuspecting people. No chase involved. He could do the same.
05-24-2016 08:36 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Word on the street is that the handler is a paranoid nutcase
05-24-2016 09:39 AM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Hate to tell you, (actually no I don't) but the ONLY time TOM or Mike the Tiger is in a cage is during games. Other than that those Tigers live better than 90% of the American population.
05-24-2016 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.