Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some detail on BeIn sports and C-USA deal
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Some detail on BeIn sports and C-USA deal
BeIn sports

Looks like 10 football games, 10 mbb and 10 wbb with various other sports as well. No info on the money but I'm sure it's in excess of $15,000,000, wouldn't you say? 04-cheers
05-23-2016 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: Some detail on BeIn sports and C-USA deal
"beIN SPORTS’ coverage of Conference USA will feature 10 football games with conference rivalries, as well as nonconference matchups. The network will also air 10 men’s and 10 women’s basketball games. As part of the long-term deal, the programming lineup will include 12 games of Conference USA’s baseball schedule as well as 12 women’s softball events, 10 men’s and 10 women’s soccer matches, and 0 women’s volleyball games."

Not sure if the volleyball games is a typo or just to inform that no volleyball will be on this channel.

Either way, looks like this is a good deal for CUSA for exposure as they will produce the games. Looks like you'll be getting some additional exposure for other sports too.
05-23-2016 01:10 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(05-23-2016 01:10 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  "beIN SPORTS’ coverage of Conference USA will feature 10 football games with conference rivalries, as well as nonconference matchups. The network will also air 10 men’s and 10 women’s basketball games. As part of the long-term deal, the programming lineup will include 12 games of Conference USA’s baseball schedule as well as 12 women’s softball events, 10 men’s and 10 women’s soccer matches, and 0 women’s volleyball games."

Not sure if the volleyball games is a typo or just to inform that no volleyball will be on this channel.

Either way, looks like this is a good deal for CUSA for exposure as they will produce the games. Looks like you'll be getting some additional exposure for other sports too.

This could end up being big time for CUSA.

BeIn is already known as the premier soccer channel.
05-23-2016 01:20 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I had just started a new thread asking/rambling about this.....

I know nothing about this company and very little about soccer.

Having said that, I know that CUSA is a good soccer conference and we all know it is one of the fastest growing sports in the US.

Does anyone know if they are planning to broadcast some of our soccer games? I honestly hope so. It's already a soccer network. This could be a good way to grow our soccer base, and thus get ahead of the curve that could be coming. In the 1950s-60s would anyone have guessed how big football is today?

If soccer does continue to grow, I would love nothing more than CUSA to be one of the premier conferences in that regard.
05-23-2016 01:22 PM
SATXBOSSMAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
Think its a typo. Read another article that stated 10 Vball games. Could be very good for both parties. wonder what the $$ and length of contract are.
05-23-2016 01:25 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2016 01:25 PM)SATXBOSSMAN Wrote:  Think its a typo. Read another article that stated 10 Vball games. Could be very good for both parties. wonder what the $$ and length of contract are.

OK. That makes sense since why state 0 vb games in an article.

Maybe we'll get some insight on CUSA's side for the deal details. I think it'll be 4 year minimum. As for the $$, I would venture to say that there would be no revenue from them for this round but they'll produce and broadcast the games at their expense. Once they get more popular, then CUSA could be getting some money from them.

But I congratulate CUSA for taking a big step with beIN Sports. You are giving other conferences now another partner in the TV broadcast world. I can see the MW getting a deal with them when its time for the MW to shop out its TV contract. At least they'll have 4 years of experience with CUSA.
What the MW was for the College Sports Network some 12 years ago (which sold to CBS to be their sports network), CUSA will be for beIN Sports.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016 02:07 PM by MWC Tex.)
05-23-2016 02:00 PM
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I was wondering if some soccer games would be televised since that's been BeIn's primary sport. It's nice to get some more baseball games out there as well.
05-23-2016 03:04 PM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
I don't understand the 10/10 split for men's and women's games. Better exposure for the conference to split that 15/5. Unless ESPN is scooping the rest up for ESPN3.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016 04:06 PM by Artifice.)
05-23-2016 04:05 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
beIN SPORTS CONNECT is up to 10 different online feeds that are available if beIN is in your cable package. I wonder if some of those volleyball, soccer, and other olympic sport matches will be online only.
05-23-2016 05:17 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Pretty cool that they'll be showing some baseball, softball and soccer games.
05-23-2016 05:20 PM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
I've heard the streaming service for BeIn as really good and even goes HD with little drop off in connection speed. This could be a huge upgrade for online viewing. The games will be produced much better than ASN. Excited to see what they bring to the table.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016 07:08 PM by BlueraiderJT.)
05-23-2016 07:04 PM
Advertisement

jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
Has CUSA considered creating its own digital network?
05-23-2016 08:49 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

(05-23-2016 08:49 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  Has CUSA considered creating its own digital network?

I'm guessing the fact that you haven't subscribed to it for $9.99 a month (or even have an awareness of it) during your two years in the league is probably an indication of the success of that route....

http://www.conferenceusa.com/collegesportslive/
05-23-2016 09:02 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Regardless of $, I think it's safe to say CUSA gains exposure.
05-23-2016 09:13 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(05-23-2016 09:02 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 08:49 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  Has CUSA considered creating its own digital network?

I'm guessing the fact that you haven't subscribed to it for $9.99 a month (or even have an awareness of it) during your two years in the league is probably an indication of the success of that route....

the fact that they charged us for the POS that it is, is worst part of their efforts.
05-24-2016 08:59 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(05-24-2016 08:59 AM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 09:02 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  

the fact that they charged us for the POS that it is, is worst part of their efforts.

But CUSA didn't own that site. It was run by CBS Interactive and they are the ones the charge and manage it. CUSA would be better to mirror the MW Network with some games produced by Campus Insiders.
05-24-2016 10:29 AM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

Suddenlink doesn't offer BeIn. Is there a BeIn app on the Roku?
05-24-2016 11:05 AM
HeadsetGuy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU
I just checked my ROKU channel guide, no beIN
05-24-2016 11:16 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(05-24-2016 11:16 AM)HeadsetGuy Wrote:  I just checked my ROKU channel guide, no beIN

Damn. Well that's "no good".
05-24-2016 11:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(05-24-2016 11:05 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Suddenlink doesn't offer BeIn. Is there a BeIn app on the Roku?

Not a Roku guy but it should be available with the slingtv app

https://www.sling.com/international-sports
05-24-2016 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.