Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Basketball Transfer from Colorado
Bookmark and Share
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Men's Basketball Transfer from Colorado
Tre'Shaun Fletcher will transfer from Pac-12 member Colorado to Toledo. He has one year of eligibility left and will sit out the 2016-2017 season. He will be eligible for the 2017-2018 season. Now, they will have a senior for the '17-'18 season.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/649180
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 05:10 PM by RocketBBallFan.)
05-16-2016 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Men's Basketball Transfer from Colorado
From his bio as a recruit:
Quote: I feel like I am a very versatile player. I can guard positions one through three, I can shoot, dribble, and pass. I think colleges like my length. I can get in and bang with the fours and fives, too.”

How many days of the week do you see a 4 star start their bio with the defensive credentials? I like that bit about him already. He's much moved. Home in Ark. Played high school in Tacoma, college in Boulder. Hope he finds a welcome home here.
05-16-2016 06:22 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Looks like a pretty good pickup!
05-16-2016 08:23 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Schools like UCLA and Arizona State were pursuing him coming out of high school. Depending on the rating service, he was a top 100 player or top 150 player. He is the type of talent (like Taylor the Marquette transfer) that do not normally consider coming to Toledo to start their college careers.
05-17-2016 09:33 AM
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(05-17-2016 09:33 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Schools like UCLA and Arizona State were pursuing him coming out of high school. Depending on the rating service, he was a top 100 player or top 150 player. He is the type of talent (like Taylor the Marquette transfer) that do not normally consider coming to Toledo to start their college careers.

All you say is true, and I am happy to have Fletcher coming to Toledo. However, the guy is now three years out of high school, so the best way to judge him isn't by where he was rated as a high school senior. Evaluating high school talent is an imperfect science. He clearly didn't pan out as a top 100 player in his class, or else he would have been starting for Colorado and wouldn't be transferring. Still, he should be a solid addition. Too bad we only get him for a year.
05-17-2016 03:57 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Excellent. Looks like a nice addition. I sure wish UT would get some serious looks from these guys early on. It would be interesting to get a little feedback on making decisions based on the "what I know now that I didn't know when I was making the initial decision" story from our highly recruited incoming tranfers.
05-18-2016 11:26 AM
UTNORTH Offline
Water Engineer

With the exception of Dre Applewhite, TK's transfers have done very well for the Rockets. It would be interesting to learn what factors or which personal connections led Fletcher to Toledo.
05-18-2016 12:43 PM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(05-16-2016 05:09 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  Tre'Shaun Fletcher will transfer from Pac-12 member Colorado to Toledo. He has one year of eligibility left and will sit out the 2016-2017 season. He will be eligible for the 2017-2018 season. Now, they will have a senior for the '17-'18 season.

We will have 3 seniors Daniel Dzierzawski and Lucas Antunez will also be seniors.
05-18-2016 08:14 PM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

(05-18-2016 08:14 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 05:09 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  Tre'Shaun Fletcher will transfer from Pac-12 member Colorado to Toledo. He has one year of eligibility left and will sit out the 2016-2017 season. He will be eligible for the 2017-2018 season. Now, they will have a senior for the '17-'18 season.

We will have 3 seniors Daniel Dzierzawski and Lucas Antunez will also be seniors.

Yes, you are correct. I forgot about them.
05-18-2016 09:15 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

With the transfer additions of Fletcher, Antunez and Dzierzawski, Coach K has balanced his classes out nicely with the following breakdown:

Seniors (4): Lauf, Garber, Williams, Taylor
Juniors (3) Fletcher, Antunez, Dzierzawski
Sophomores (3) Sanford, Navigato, Adway
Freshmen (3) (Knapke, Roberts, Gordon IV

While you never know how things are going to play out in the future, this class breakdown provides a lot of flexibility in how you go about recruiting.
05-19-2016 07:53 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-19-2016 07:53 AM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  With the transfer additions of Fletcher, Antunez and Dzierzawski, Coach K has balanced his classes out nicely with the following breakdown:

Seniors (4): Lauf, Garber, Williams, Taylor
Juniors (3) Fletcher, Antunez, Dzierzawski
Sophomores (3) Sanford, Navigato, Adway
Freshmen (3) (Knapke, Roberts, Gordon IV

While you never know how things are going to play out in the future, this class breakdown provides a lot of flexibility in how you go about recruiting.

Looks pretty good on paper.

Two-thirds of all the people who have ever lived past the age of 65 in the entire history of the world are alive today.
05-19-2016 08:03 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
http://www.ralphiereport.com/buffaloes-b...-in-toledo

http://newsok.com/article/feed/1014949

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketball/c...-and-clear

http://www.buffzone.com/basketball/ci_29...definitely

Weighing in for the first time on this transfer. I really like it. I've seen a little of colorado and, Fletcher didn't stand out in particular to me but I was impressed by the the quality, size and depth of their wing guys. colorado has featured a lot of good big guards in recent years and Fletcher fit their mold. If you read up on his transfer you can see how it makes sense for both programs. Fletcher had an inconsistent career at colorado but was part of very good guard rotations. it sounds like he pressed too much when he wasn't getting big minutes which can happen with good players who find themselves on bench more than they are used too.

By doing the final year/two year transfer, he can take a year to focus on his skill development and schoolwork. He comes eligible when Jonjon leaves and gets the opportunity to be a go to guy for a year. In the end he is more likely to graduate and position himself for some post graduate work if he chooses. meanwhile, he will be in a better spot for professional opportunities if he can be a little better and have the distinction of possibly an all-mac senior yr.

He also provides great practice competition next season. He's a good defender and guys like Jonjon, Sanford and Navigato will get better going against him in practice. Last year the closest thing we had to a big athletic wing defender was Lauf who is average size, a good but not particularly explosive athlete and a solid half court defender. Next season we will have Fletcher challenging those guys to both get open off the ball and score over an athletic 6-7 guy every day in practice. We also add Gordon, who -while maligned a bit for his marginal senior year stats at Simeon- is an athletic 6-5 guy with good defensive potential. I believe boothe improved so much as a senior in part by having to go against taylor all the time in the summer and fall of last year.

Fletcher projects as a bigger Justin Drummond. Not necessarily the same game but a comparable injection of perimeter scoring by a mature transfer. He won't need to a star but is positioned to have a good short career as a rocket.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 02:07 AM by pono.)
05-21-2016 01:59 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

Many considered Fletcher the best player in the state of Washington coming out of high school. Gonzaga wanted him to go there.

Incidentally, Taylor was considered by many the best player in Illinois his senior year in high school.

These two guys are quality transfers.
05-21-2016 09:31 AM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(05-21-2016 01:59 AM)pono Wrote:  http://www.ralphiereport.com/buffaloes-b...-in-toledo

http://newsok.com/article/feed/1014949

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketball/c...-and-clear

http://www.buffzone.com/basketball/ci_29...definitely

Weighing in for the first time on this transfer. I really like it. I've seen a little of colorado and, Fletcher didn't stand out in particular to me but I was impressed by the the quality, size and depth of their wing guys. colorado has featured a lot of good big guards in recent years and Fletcher fit their mold. If you read up on his transfer you can see how it makes sense for both programs. Fletcher had an inconsistent career at colorado but was part of very good guard rotations. it sounds like he pressed too much when he wasn't getting big minutes which can happen with good players who find themselves on bench more than they are used too.

By doing the final year/two year transfer, he can take a year to focus on his skill development and schoolwork. He comes eligible when Jonjon leaves and gets the opportunity to be a go to guy for a year. In the end he is more likely to graduate and position himself for some post graduate work if he chooses. meanwhile, he will be in a better spot for professional opportunities if he can be a little better and have the distinction of possibly an all-mac senior yr.

He also provides great practice competition next season. He's a good defender and guys like Jonjon, Sanford and Navigato will get better going against him in practice. Last year the closest thing we had to a big athletic wing defender was Lauf who is average size, a good but not particularly explosive athlete and a solid half court defender. Next season we will have Fletcher challenging those guys to both get open off the ball and score over an athletic 6-7 guy every day in practice. We also add Gordon, who -while maligned a bit for his marginal senior year stats at Simeon- is an athletic 6-5 guy with good defensive potential. I believe boothe improved so much as a senior in part by having to go against taylor all the time in the summer and fall of last year.

Fletcher projects as a bigger Justin Drummond. Not necessarily the same game but a comparable injection of perimeter scoring by a mature transfer. He won't need to a star but is positioned to have a good short career as a rocket.

+1 No one could have said it better than you just did.
05-21-2016 02:14 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(05-21-2016 09:31 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Many considered Fletcher the best player in the state of Washington coming out of high school. Gonzaga wanted him to go there.

Incidentally, Taylor was considered by many the best player in Illinois his senior year in high school.

These two guys are quality transfers.

Anyone who considered Fletcher to be the best Washington high school player in 2013 is probably not bragging about that assessment. Zach LaVine, who played in Washington and graduated the same year as Fletcher, averaged 14.0 ppg this year for the Minnesota Timberwolves. From Taylor's class, former Illinois high school player Abdel Nader averaged 12.9 ppg for a very good Iowa State team that lost to #1 seed Virginia in the Sweet 16 this year.

That said, I do think both of these are quality MAC-level players. Both will help us. I wish we had them for more than one year.
05-21-2016 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.