Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Diaco gets raise, 2 year contract extension
2016: $1.7 Mil
2017: $1.8 Mil
2018: $1.9 Mil
2019: $2 Mil
2020: $2.1 Mil

This is despite recent major budget cuts in the state of Connecticut.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...-extension

He may be Disco Diaco...but he's our Disco Diaco...

[Image: CNXgx8RU8AAtksT.jpg]

Such a beautiful man... 03-cloud9
05-16-2016 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: Diaco gets raise, 2 year contract extension
Congrats!
05-16-2016 06:32 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Diaco gets raise, 2 year contract extension
Hopefully it "pays" off lol.
05-16-2016 07:06 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Don't know if he's earned an extension yet.
05-16-2016 07:23 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(05-16-2016 07:23 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Don't know if he's earned an extension yet.

A lot of people said that about Rhule 2 years ago after a 6-6 season, and that contract got torn up one year later. This is the league of up and coming young coaches.

Can Diaco ride this QB (Sherrifs?) to 8-4 or better?

05-16-2016 08:22 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: Diaco gets raise, 2 year contract extension
(05-16-2016 04:58 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  2016: $1.7 Mil
2017: $1.8 Mil
2018: $1.9 Mil
2019: $2 Mil
2020: $2.1 Mil

This is despite recent major budget cuts in the state of Connecticut.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...-extension

He may be Disco Diaco...but he's our Disco Diaco...

[Image: CNXgx8RU8AAtksT.jpg]

Such a beautiful man... 03-cloud9

He is at least taller than that little fellar herman
05-17-2016 01:27 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(05-16-2016 08:22 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 07:23 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Don't know if he's earned an extension yet.

A lot of people said that about Rhule 2 years ago after a 6-6 season, and that contract got torn up one year later. This is the league of up and coming young coaches.

i honestly dont think its the qb..i like their qb alot...

being honest i just dont think uconn will ever be elite on a pro-style offense (which is a talent based offense)
no offense to uconn but i just dont see them winning many on that offense and their recruiting hurdles (location and being g5)

i like diaco alot but wished he would go full oregon and adopt a offense like what is ran at oregon/baylor or some uptempo and become the oregon of the east...and build succeess of a system that doesnt require ass much talent to be successful
05-17-2016 01:37 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(05-17-2016 01:37 PM)pesik Wrote:  

being honest i just dont think uconn will ever be elite on a pro-style offense (which is a talent based offense)
no offense to uconn but i just dont see them winning many on that offense and their recruiting hurdles (location and being g5)

i like diaco alot but wished he would go full oregon and adopt a offense like what is ran at oregon/baylor or some uptempo and become the oregon of the east...and build succeess of a system that doesnt require ass much talent to be successful

It's like you had this strong desire to offer UCONN and their fans a backhanded compliment, and felt going all in was the way to go.
05-17-2016 08:54 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-17-2016 08:54 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

It's like you had this strong desire to offer UCONN and their fans a backhanded compliment, and felt going all in was the way to go.

stop thinking everything is a back handed compliment ....it not an insult to state an obvious reality...

Connecticut the state barely produces elite D1 kids.. over the last 10 years Connecticut averages 10 total 3star or better kids per year ..in comparison texas averages over 400

im not even saying uconn can't be great but that running a power prostyle huddle offense isn't the route as its a talent/recruiting based offense that works for teams like notre dame but not for teams like connecticut or even houston...note from 1998--2005 was the worst era in UH football the only era UH tried a true prostyle offense

i truly believe uconn has Oregon potential ..Oregon is in bad recruiting grounds aswell
but like Oregon, uconn has name brand and money...Oregon rose to power through chip kelly and his uptempo offense, an offense that requires less talent to be elite

sidenote: ive seen 5 uconn fans on this forum, all 5 are extremely oversensitive ...why is that??
you can say something nice about uconn but they will still lash out on you if its not stated the right way..
05-18-2016 01:19 AM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(05-18-2016 01:19 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(05-17-2016 08:54 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

stop thinking everything is a back handed compliment ....it not an insult to state an obvious reality...

Connecticut the state barely produces elite D1 kids.. over the last 10 years Connecticut averages 10 total 3star or better kids per year ..in comparison texas averages over 400

im not even saying uconn can't be great but that running a power prostyle huddle offense isn't the route as its a talent/recruiting based offense that works for teams like notre dame but not for teams like connecticut or even houston...note from 1998--2005 was the worst era in UH football the only era UH tried a true prostyle offense

i truly believe uconn has Oregon potential ..Oregon is in bad recruiting grounds aswell
but like Oregon, uconn has name brand and money...Oregon rose to power through chip kelly and his uptempo offense, an offense that requires less talent to be elite

sidenote: ive seen 5 uconn fans on this forum, all 5 are extremely oversensitive ...why is that??
you can say something nice about uconn but they will still lash out on you if its not stated the right way..

Stop being so oversensitive.
05-18-2016 06:22 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I'm a big fan of Diaco's. Entertaining guy.
05-18-2016 07:40 AM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I think it’s a very good move. He’s a northeast guy with a lot of recruiting ties to NJ. From his time at ND and Virginia he knows how to recruit the athletes who are strong academically. He’s a solid guy who is rebuilding the program from the ground up and this extension is a show of stability.
05-18-2016 08:02 AM
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
Congrats. The AAC has another winner. UConn will be very competitive.
05-18-2016 08:42 AM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

Why this constant emphasis on recruiting hurdles when UConn has 24 players in the NFL right now?

They have had good offenses in the past.

NFL RBs as well in Donald Brown and Jordan Todman. They have had NFL OLs as well like Donald Thomas. And WRs too like Marcus Easley. Anthony Sherman at FB.

The big problem with UConn's offense over the years has been the QBs. They haven't been good, but QB Dan Orlovsky has carved himself a 12 or 13 year NFL career as an NFL backup. He used to sling it around at UConn. Not sure what they can do about that position, but there are a few UConn receivers right now in the pros.

Geremy Davis with the Giants, Marcus Easley with the Bills, Ryan Griffin with the Texans, Nick Williams with the Falcons, Kashif Moore with the Chiefs.

As for Connecticut as a recruiting ground. It ain't great. But it's also not the worst. It does better than states in the B12 recruiting area.

The thing is, don't look at stars by rivals, because there's a bias against Connecticut.

I admit to not paying as much attention to recruiting when UConn fball fell off with Pasqualoni, but I remember in Edsall's final years, there were a lot of Connecticut 2-3 star kids who ended up in the pros. Kids like Anttaj Hawthorne, Amari Spievey, Niko Koutouvides, Bruce Campbell, Donald Thomas, Matt Shaughnessy, Sio Moore, Terrance Knighton, Marcus Easley, Marcus Cooper, Chris Baker, John Moffitt, Scott Lutrus, Rob Jackson.

Most of these kids were not highly recruited and the recruiting services didn't think much of them.

There were some 4 star kids like Aaron Hernandez, Jordan Reed and Kory Sheets and Torrey Mack, but they didn't even have as much success as the 2 star kids, with the exception of Hernandez and Reed.

A couple schools routinely recruit Conn. players, Iowa and Penn State. And they've had great success with these kids. Most of the country doesn't bother wasting their time, which is a good thing for schools like UConn, BC, Syracuse and Rutgers.

UConn, by the way, has had great success with sending kids from Massachusetts and New England to the NFL, like Ryan Griffin, Kendall Reyes, Jordan Todman.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 09:37 AM by upstater1.)
05-19-2016 09:26 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-19-2016 09:26 AM)upstater1 Wrote:  Why this constant emphasis on recruiting hurdles when UConn has 24 players in the NFL right now?

NFL RBs as well in Donald Brown and Jordan Todman. They have had NFL OLs as well like Donald Thomas. And WRs too like Marcus Easley. Anthony Sherman at FB.

The big problem with UConn's offense over the years has been the QBs. They haven't been good, but QB Dan Orlovsky has carved himself a 12 or 13 year NFL career as an NFL backup. He used to sling it around at UConn. Not sure what they can do about that position, but there are a few UConn receivers right now in the pros.

Geremy Davis with the Giants, Marcus Easley with the Bills, Ryan Griffin with the Texans, Nick Williams with the Falcons, Kashif Moore with the Chiefs.

As for Connecticut as a recruiting ground. It ain't great. But it's also not the worst. It does better than states in the B12 recruiting area.

The thing is, don't look at stars by rivals, because there's a bias against Connecticut.

I admit to not paying as much attention to recruiting when UConn fball fell off with Pasqualoni, but I remember in Edsall's final years, there were a lot of Connecticut 2-3 star kids who ended up in the pros. Kids like Anttaj Hawthorne, Amari Spievey, Niko Koutouvides, Bruce Campbell, Donald Thomas, Matt Shaughnessy, Sio Moore, Terrance Knighton, Marcus Easley, Marcus Cooper, Chris Baker, John Moffitt, Scott Lutrus, Rob Jackson.

Most of these kids were not highly recruited and the recruiting services didn't think much of them.

There were some 4 star kids like Aaron Hernandez, Jordan Reed and Kory Sheets and Torrey Mack, but they didn't even have as much success as the 2 star kids, with the exception of Hernandez and Reed.

A couple schools routinely recruit Conn. players, Iowa and Penn State. And they've had great success with these kids. Most of the country doesn't bother wasting their time, which is a good thing for schools like UConn, BC, Syracuse and Rutgers.

UConn, by the way, has had great success with sending kids from Massachusetts and New England to the NFL, like Ryan Griffin, Kendall Reyes, Jordan Todman.

i hear uconn fans say this alot but to me its not the same ...

uconn has ran a true nfl prostyle for ages...anyone who goes to uconn is getting 4 years prep for the nfl..
uconn will have a lot of nfl/draft success stories..if you run a spread there is a big learning curve in the nfl

the reason carson wentz went #2 in the draft is because he was the only successful qb in the draft who ran a prostyle offense despite being fcs

ill tell you right now if uconn switched to spread your draft success stories will decrease
but you have to ask yourself this question..whats more important winning games or getting draft picks?

there is a reason almost everyteam in college has switched to a spread, despite it being looked down on by nfl guys

in the kim helton/dimel era at UH (mid 1990s- early 2000s) the worst era in UH football averaging 3 wins a year on true prostyle teams had more draft picks that the briles/sumlin era average 9 wins of the (regular top 25 teams) on the air raid/briles system

ps im not saying uconn cant win games on the prostyle offense ..i just think it will plateau on 8-9 win teams and it wont be regular

i truly believe if uconn wants to be become an elite regular top 20 type team in football they are going to need to go the baylor/oregon route and find something to compensate for their inability to recruit at an elite level (because of location) and get a innovatie option

note how usf transformed when they switched from a prostyle to the auburn uptempo offense? even texas as of this season will end its run as a prostyle team
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 11:31 AM by pesik.)
05-19-2016 11:31 AM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

(05-19-2016 11:31 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(05-19-2016 09:26 AM)upstater1 Wrote:  Why this constant emphasis on recruiting hurdles when UConn has 24 players in the NFL right now?

i hear uconn fans say this alot but to me its not the same ...

uconn has ran a true nfl prostyle for ages...anyone who goes to uconn is getting 4 years prep for the nfl..
uconn will have a lot of nfl/draft success stories..if you run a spread there is a big learning curve in the nfl

the reason carson wentz went #2 in the draft is because he was the only successful qb in the draft who ran a prostyle offense despite being fcs

ill tell you right now if uconn switched to spread your draft success stories will decrease
but you have to ask yourself this question..whats more important winning games or getting draft picks?

there is a reason almost everyteam in college has switched to a spread, despite it being looked down on by nfl guys

in the kim helton/dimel era at UH (mid 1990s- early 2000s) the worst era in UH football averaging 3 wins a year on true prostyle teams had more draft picks that the briles/sumlin era average 9 wins of the (regular top 25 teams) on the air raid/briles system

ps im not saying uconn cant win games on the prostyle offense ..i just think it will plateau on 8-9 win teams and it wont be regular

i truly believe if uconn wants to be become an elite regular top 20 type team in football they are going to need to go the baylor/oregon route and find something to compensate for their inability to recruit at an elite level (because of location) and get a innovatie option

note how usf transformed when they switched from a prostyle to the auburn uptempo offense? even texas as of this season will end its run as a prostyle team

I just don't think UConn can be a regular top 20 team. Not a regular one.

I also don't think there are many teams in that category. You mention Baylor with Briles (the bottom is falling out there) but in his first years he dropped 2 to UConn. He has advantages in Texas, but truly outside the major football factories in this country, I don't think teams are that much more talented than the next. It doesn't show in terms of NFL draft picks nor on the field where games are nip and tuck, and teams play to .500 records.

By the way, the falloff in UConn's play under Pasqualoni for 3 years coincided with a falloff in his recruiting classes (i.e. UConn is churning out fewer NFL players, none drafted this year). I think there's a correlation there. lack of talent = losses. so the real question is whether Diaco can bringing as many talented players as UConn had over the prior 10 years before Pasqualoni. Only then will UConn fans be able to say that during its first 10 years as a D1 team, the talent level was an anomaly. Of course, one can always conclude that the lower level of talent has more to do with dropping to the AAC from a BCS conference, but I am not buying that since UConn's classes as a newbie were always ranked at the bottom of the BE anyway. The fact that they churned out more pros than anyone except Rutgers basically meant that the recruiting ranking sites don't do that great a job.
05-19-2016 03:08 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Disco Diaco couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.
05-19-2016 03:53 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-19-2016 03:08 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  I just don't think UConn can be a regular top 20 team. Not a regular one.

I also don't think there are many teams in that category. You mention Baylor with Briles (the bottom is falling out there) but in his first years he dropped 2 to UConn. He has advantages in Texas, but truly outside the major football factories in this country, I don't think teams are that much more talented than the next. It doesn't show in terms of NFL draft picks nor on the field where games are nip and tuck, and teams play to .500 records.

By the way, the falloff in UConn's play under Pasqualoni for 3 years coincided with a falloff in his recruiting classes (i.e. UConn is churning out fewer NFL players, none drafted this year). I think there's a correlation there. lack of talent = losses. so the real question is whether Diaco can bringing as many talented players as UConn had over the prior 10 years before Pasqualoni. Only then will UConn fans be able to say that during its first 10 years as a D1 team, the talent level was an anomaly. Of course, one can always conclude that the lower level of talent has more to do with dropping to the AAC from a BCS conference, but I am not buying that since UConn's classes as a newbie were always ranked at the bottom of the BE anyway. The fact that they churned out more pros than anyone except Rutgers basically meant that the recruiting ranking sites don't do that great a job.

baylor is a decent recruiting team now but not pre-briles...briles won off his system and the success brought better recruits..same for Oregon, chip kelly won off his system and now they draw decent recruits, but struggled before the success

same thing that would happen at UConn

and i think uconn can be a regular top 20, they just have to go the creative routes...uconn and oregon are identical in their struggle...same strength and weakness

and i disagree with this line
"but truly outside the major football factories in this country, I don't think teams are that much more talented than the next"

15 years ago most teams would be lucky to keep it within 30 points of the SEC teams ..
their was definitely tiers, teams were winning on talent alone

the evolution of college football has blurred those lines...the uptempo is coined the "great equalizer" because it evens the playing field to allow less talented teams the ability to compete

today 70% off college football have switched to the spread, and its growing by the day (Syracuse, Texas, rutgers are examples of teams switching next year) half the big 10, the big cali schools, fsu and the SEC are the major holdovers and thats because they can recruit the kind of athletes to be successful in it

and again running a prostyle means more draft picks..nfl teams run "prostyle", very few run a spread. you talk about rutgers producing draft picks..theyve never won a outright conference title EVER. they finally decided to switch this season to a read-option uptempo spread ..you have to ask yourself whats more important to you draft picks or winning games ???
05-19-2016 04:18 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

(05-19-2016 03:53 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Disco Diaco couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Tango Tuberville can?

05-19-2016 11:36 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(05-19-2016 11:36 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  
(05-19-2016 03:53 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Disco Diaco couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Tango Tuberville can?

nope....Tubs sucks worse than Disco Diaco
05-20-2016 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.