Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Voytik to Arkansas State
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Voytik to Arkansas State
Former Pitt starting QB Chad Voytik is a graduate transfer to Arkansas State and will be eligible this season. QB Cameron Birse is the second QB
to transfer from ASU this Spring.
05-08-2016 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Voytik to Arkansas State
Was originally headed to Eastern Kentucky before he changed his mind two days ago. Dual-threat QB with good accuracy. 2014 Armed Forces Bowl MVP. Was beaten out for starting QB in 2015. No worries, Rockets will curb stomp him.
05-09-2016 12:01 PM
kb325 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
(05-08-2016 12:43 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Former Pitt starting QB Chad Voytik is a graduate transfer to Arkansas State and will be eligible this season. QB Cameron Birse is the second QB

Really only 1 "transferred" and that was Birse...the other, Tabary, was shown the door by our head coach. Our two or three best QB's will be there when fall rolls around.
05-23-2016 09:13 AM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(05-23-2016 09:13 AM)kb325 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 12:43 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Former Pitt starting QB Chad Voytik is a graduate transfer to Arkansas State and will be eligible this season. QB Cameron Birse is the second QB

Really only 1 "transferred" and that was Birse...the other, Tabary, was shown the door by our head coach. Our two or three best QB's will be there when fall rolls around.

You realize, of course, that EVERYONE'S top two or three QBs will be at their school in the fall. Even if they're awful, the two or three best will be the two or three best.
05-23-2016 03:08 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich

Your head coach could show them all the door and your water boy could be among your two or three best QB's when fall rolls around.
I sure hope Toledo has its top two or three QB's when fall rolls around.
Sounds like we might need our best two or three QB's.
05-24-2016 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(05-09-2016 12:01 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Was originally headed to Eastern Kentucky before he changed his mind two days ago. Dual-threat QB with good accuracy. 2014 Armed Forces Bowl MVP. Was beaten out for starting QB in 2015. No worries, Rockets will curb stomp him.

We'll have an actual QB this year, and have a very good receiving corps. Don't know if we'll win, but I would certainly hope this would be a close game, and not whatever those monstrosities that were our first 2 meetings were.
05-26-2016 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Rocket A Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(05-26-2016 05:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 12:01 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Was originally headed to Eastern Kentucky before he changed his mind two days ago. Dual-threat QB with good accuracy. 2014 Armed Forces Bowl MVP. Was beaten out for starting QB in 2015. No worries, Rockets will curb stomp him.

We'll have an actual QB this year, and have a very good receiving corps. Don't know if we'll win, but I would certainly hope this would be a close game, and not whatever those monstrosities that were our first 2 meetings were.

Sharp poster!!! I guess that is what you call a middle loaded schedule, with 4 home games in a row.

Looking forward to a good game.

Any suggestions on Restaurants/Bars/Things to do in Jonesboro???
05-26-2016 07:04 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(05-26-2016 07:04 PM)Rocket A Wrote:  

Sharp poster!!! I guess that is what you call a middle loaded schedule, with 4 home games in a row.

any idea what time kickoff will be????
05-26-2016 07:50 PM
chiefsfan Offline

We did a cool thing this year where fans at the Spring game could get their photo taken, and then digitially inserted into our schedule poster. If you zoom in, you'll find those in the background are all actual random fans. It's really awesome. The 4 home games in the middle is the Sun Belt being weird, but its not the worst thing in the world. Our attendance is traditionally awesome every year through October 31, but it drops like a rock come November when Deer Hunting season opens (Same happens to the Razorbacks, Hunting is Arkansas most popular sport) Having only a single November home game will really help our average attendance

JTown's Grill across the street from the football stadium is usually a great little Burger joint to enjoy game day. They show a ton of games on the big screens around the place.

I'll try to run you more accurate list as it gets closer to game week. Fair warning, Jonesboro is in this thing called a dry county. It basically prohibits local convience stores or grocery stores from stocking alcohol, and requires restaurants to get a license. (Most have one) If you plan to tailgate and need supplies, pick it up before you get into town.

Administration has stated the official goal is to sell out our game. I'm not sure how that can happen considering we didn't sell out Missouri last year, but you never seem to know with these things.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016 11:23 PM by chiefsfan.)
05-26-2016 11:18 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(05-26-2016 07:50 PM)Terry Wrote:  

any idea what time kickoff will be????

ESPN has used its right to wait until the last few weeks before the season to declare whether or not it wants to pick this game up for TV. If it's a simple ESPN3 game though, kickoff will be at 6pm CT. Otherwise, we're waiting on the 4 letter network to make a call.
05-26-2016 11:19 PM
kb325 Offline
2nd String

(05-23-2016 03:08 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

You realize, of course, that EVERYONE'S top two or three QBs will be at their school in the fall. Even if they're awful, the two or three best will be the two or three best.

Looks like you missed my point...sorry I should have been more clear...was trying to say neither of those 2 QB's that "transferred out" would have been top 2 on our depth chart...and according to some folks on the stAte boards that saw quite a bit of spring ball this year think neither of the 2 would have been top 3 on the depth chart when we kick it off in September. We didn't really lose anything at the QB position. Good luck in Jonesboro this year...I hope it will be a good game...tell your db's to bring their track shoes...
05-27-2016 02:08 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(05-27-2016 02:08 PM)kb325 Wrote:  

Looks like you missed my point...sorry I should have been more clear...was trying to say neither of those 2 QB's that "transferred out" would have been top 2 on our depth chart...and according to some folks on the stAte boards that saw quite a bit of spring ball this year think neither of the 2 would have been top 3 on the depth chart when we kick it off in September. We didn't really lose anything at the QB position. Good luck in Jonesboro this year...I hope it will be a good game...tell your db's to bring their track shoes...

Getting your point and opportunity to bust your chops weren't mutually exclusive events, which means, "welcome to the club!" They got your point AND got to bust your chops, :)

Can we have Ark. St as a rival? Who do we ask? They're fun and the uniforms don't stink up the place.
05-27-2016 02:40 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(05-27-2016 02:40 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Getting your point and opportunity to bust your chops weren't mutually exclusive events, which means, "welcome to the club!" They got your point AND got to bust your chops, :)

Can we have Ark. St as a rival? Who do we ask? They're fun and the uniforms don't stink up the place.

You haven't see our grey uniform concoctions yet, they were so bad the refs actually assessed us a 15 yard penalty to begin both halves of a game in which we played wearing them.
05-27-2016 02:47 PM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

(05-27-2016 02:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 09:13 AM)kb325 Wrote:  Really only 1 "transferred" and that was Birse...the other, Tabary, was shown the door by our head coach. Our two or three best QB's will be there when fall rolls around.

You haven't see our grey uniform concoctions yet, they were so bad the refs actually assessed us a 15 yard penalty to begin both halves of a game in which we played wearing them.

Wear 'em this year and we'll wear our flame pants.
05-27-2016 03:08 PM
kb325 Offline
2nd String

I will consider my chops busted and my Toledo board virginity taken!
05-28-2016 11:01 AM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

(05-28-2016 11:01 AM)kb325 Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 09:13 AM)kb325 Wrote:  Really only 1 "transferred" and that was Birse...the other, Tabary, was shown the door by our head coach. Our two or three best QB's will be there when fall rolls around.

I will consider my chops busted and my Toledo board virginity taken!

:)
05-28-2016 02:28 PM
Advertisement

doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
(05-27-2016 03:08 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(05-27-2016 02:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 03:08 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  You realize, of course, that EVERYONE'S top two or three QBs will be at their school in the fall. Even if they're awful, the two or three best will be the two or three best.

Wear 'em this year and we'll wear our flame pants.

To be honest, I think we had a bonfire and burned them. I don't think they were all that bad, but it was very difficult to see the numbers. Anyway, I don't think we will use those particular jerseys again.....ever.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 12:25 PM by doberman1.)
06-06-2016 12:25 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
They still use the gray in practice. We are too thrifty for a bonfire.

Our QB situation was... a mess, the only honest way to describe it.

Our starter in 2014 and 2015 Fredi Knighten was recruited by Gus to play limited action as a wildcat QB who would play some A back as well. By 2014 he was the only QB recruited by Freeze or Malzahn who was still on the team and playing QB. He was an OK passer went 23 of 31 for 403 yards and 5 TD's in the GoDaddy but had two big fumbles, one unforced and got credited for being sacked twice.

Then we had Cameron Birse darn nice kid out of Cali who Harsin invisioned sitting in the pocket behind a great offensive line (no Harsin OL recruit stuck) throwing the ball around and handing off. Not exactly the type that Anderson had in mind to be QB.

Then there was Tabary. Harsin recruited him hard after he laid an egg early in the season and had to fire himself as OC and let the Gus holdover (now OC at NCST) take over. Harsin leaves for Boise, Tabary is committed, looks OK on film so we bring him in. His passing we shall say failed to develop as expected and the same could be said for his mobility (18 of 35 with three picks and 223 yards with six sacks @Toledo).

In spring, Justice Hansen a transfer from Oklahoma via juco came in and ended the spring #1, Birse surprisingly was #2 and Tabary had fallen to #3.

Then Tabary got crossways with the coaches over some behavior within the team environment and was sent packing. Landed at McNeese State I think.

Voytik arriving sent Birse back to the #3 and now is apparently at Western Illinois.

Been a regular soap opera but you have to have off-season interesting things and frankly I'd rather have a QB soap opera than another coaching change, it was getting ridiculous there for a time.
06-06-2016 05:33 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

Yeah Doberman, they were that bad.
[Image: 7643192.jpg]
06-10-2016 10:07 PM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
(06-10-2016 10:07 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Yeah Doberman, they were that bad.
[Image: 7643192.jpg]

Should have been a much lighter shade of gray, huh?
06-11-2016 05:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.