Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice @ USM Baseball Preview
Bookmark and Share
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
Rice @ USM Baseball Preview
Eagle fans-- please feel free to post on your message boards, but keep in mind this is from a Rice perspective. All feedback and corrections welcome...

http://csnbbs.com/thread-778206-post-132...id13212990
04-20-2016 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Rice @ USM Baseball Preview
Great assessment! This should be a great weekend of baseball. I always look forward to any time we play y'all on the diamond. Let me know if any of you are coming to the Hattiesburg area or need any recommendations for restaurants, entertainment, or places to grab a good brew. We are hosting our Black and Gold spring game at 12 on Saturday at MM Roberts Stadium and will have the "Fifth Quarter Festival" out on the new tailgating spot just next to our student union complex (The Thad Cochran Center) which will have music, activities and inflatables for the kids, and food tents set up.

Here are a few restaurants if you want to check them out for the weekend:

Keg and Barrel
http://www.kegandbarrel.com/

Great pub style restaurant built in a renovated 100 year old home with a wrap-around porch. Has a large selection of beers, great food, and an awesome atmosphere. I recommend the Chicken and Waffles or the Bacon Cheddar Fries.

Ed's Burger Joint
https://www.facebook.com/edsburgerjoint/

Owned by Robert St. John (same owner as Crescent City Grill, Mahogany Bar, Purple Parrot, and Tabella in Hattiesburg- all great options, I might add). It's the newest burger joint in the area. Though they have notoriously long lines on the weekends, their milkshakes are absolutely amazing and completely worth it.

Leo's Cuban Kitchen
http://leoscubankitchen.com/

Leo's just opened up recently in the area. Their staff is extremely friendly and Leo is passionate about his craft and the business itself. The Filete De Pescado and Croquetas Luyano are awesome. The portion sizes are on the larger side but are worth it.

Cotton Blue's
http://cottonblues.com/

My personal favorite is a little ways from Southern Miss's campus over in Oak Grove/West Hattiesburg but is worth the ten minute drive down Hwy 98. The ingredients are all locally sourced. The food is a modern take on traditional southern dishes. My favorites are the Shrimp and Grits, Crawfish Mashed Potatoes, Dark Roux Gumbo (only available Fri/Sat Nights), and the Cheesecake milkshakes. Additionally, they have a great Sunday brunch menu with bottomless mimosas and a bloody mary bar (the only downside is Lamar County is a partially dry county and will not serve alcohol until noon on Sunday).
04-20-2016 09:17 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

Very impressive write up! I hope that our team shows up this weekend. We have stuttered here lately but we have shown that we can be a good team when everything comes together. It will be very interesting to see how our pitchers respond from last weekend's losses and the shellacking we took Tuesday.
04-21-2016 01:35 PM
Advertisement

MasMack Offline
1st String

Spot on write up. Very well done. Definitely did your homework on my Eagles, and hit every characteristic of the team right on.

Don't have a lot of confidence for this weekend, seeing how we have played the last week and a half. On top of that, Scott Berry's teams are known for falling apart when it counts.

Hope I'm wrong, and we come out on fire. But wouldn't be surprised at all with a series loss, with the possibility of a sweep by Rice.
04-21-2016 07:12 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I love my Eagles, but we are swooning again this year. Hopefully we can take the series, but I say we get one at the most. Hope I am wrong...
04-22-2016 10:10 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

Well, we got our one....maybe we can squeak out another...
04-23-2016 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.