Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

stAte Fans?
Bookmark and Share
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
stAte Fans?
Alright, I'm seriously debating about traveling out for the GS-stAte game in October......I would like to get recommendations on places to stay & eat, & would love to know roughly the price of a game ticket?

I'm thinking, I'll fly out of Columbia, SC to Memphis, TN & then make the hour & 20 min drive up.

Most likely, looking to stay Tuesday - Friday morning.

Thanks, in advance
03-22-2016 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: stAte Fans?
Hilton Garden Inn is walking distance from the 501 and Cracker Barrel. http://www.501steakhouse.com/

But so are other hotels like Holiday Inn Express.

I don't know if single game ticket prices have been announced for 2016 - but they were $20 last year except for the Mizzou game.

Ticket Info:
http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArtic...EM_ID=7200
03-22-2016 10:26 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

(03-22-2016 10:26 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Hilton Garden Inn is walking distance from the 501 and Cracker Barrel. http://www.501steakhouse.com/

I don't know if single game ticket prices have been announced for 2016 - but they were $20 last year except for the Mizzou game.

Ticket Info:

Thanks
03-22-2016 10:34 AM
HowlForAState Offline
Water Engineer

Also for more of a "game day" atmosphere, I recommend JTowns Grill right across the street from the stadium (if you're able to stomach all the Red Wolves on the walls). It's a really laid back bar/burger place with incredible food. A ton of fans eat there before games. It's A-State themed and has a train horn on top of the building that goes off whenever we score a touchdown. The downtown area is also not far from campus at all and has several different restaurants to choose from.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 10:39 AM by HowlForAState.)
03-22-2016 10:34 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(03-22-2016 10:26 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Hilton Garden Inn is walking distance from the 501 and Cracker Barrel. http://www.501steakhouse.com/

Ticket Info:

I've had a couple bad experiences with Holiday Inn express. I would stay at Hilton Garden, or the Fairfield inn about a half Mile to the East.

Stay away from the Fair Bridge Inn and Suites, It's really turned into a dump lately. Food wise, it really depends on what you are interested in. In the section of the city where most of the hotels are located, there are a couple places within walking distance to eat, but there are more choices downtown and near the stadium.

Also, it's more like an hour to get from Memphis to Jonesboro now. A couple minutes longer coming from the airport, depending on the time of day.
03-22-2016 10:49 AM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
If you're looking for the bar scene definetly bop down to the downtown district (about a 5 minute drive from campus) theirs creegans (Irish pub) sully's (Chicago style restaurant and bar) brick house (Cajun themed and biggest bar in town) the best burger joint in Jonesboro is also downtown called godsey's (it is rather small and hours are short just FYI)

I'm sure just like in Statesboro, the big thing on game days is the tailgating festivities on campus-just about everybody is friendly and accommodating, you pretty much can set up shop anywhere and their are quite a bit of "pockets" of tailgating you can wander to throughout
03-22-2016 10:55 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(03-22-2016 10:55 AM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  If you're looking for the bar scene definetly bop down to the downtown district (about a 5 minute drive from campus) theirs creegans (Irish pub) sully's (Chicago style restaurant and bar) brick house (Cajun themed and biggest bar in town) the best burger joint in Jonesboro is also downtown called godsey's (it is rather small and hours are short just FYI)

I'm sure just like in Statesboro, the big thing on game days is the tailgating festivities on campus-just about everybody is friendly and accommodating, you pretty much can set up shop anywhere and their are quite a bit of "pockets" of tailgating you can wander to throughout

It should be noted that we have a Zaxby's and Chick-Fil-A if you are crazy interested in only supporting places that are run by Georgia Southern grads.
03-22-2016 11:01 AM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
stAte Fans?
I'll put you up at my place, $250 a night. Even let ya sleep in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-22-2016 04:20 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 08:27 PM by WinstonTheWolf.)
03-22-2016 08:26 PM
Ed Harley Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: stAte
(03-22-2016 10:34 AM)HowlForAState Wrote:  Also for more of a "game day" atmosphere, I recommend JTowns Grill right across the street from the stadium (if you're able to stomach all the Red Wolves on the walls). It's a really laid back bar/burger place with incredible food. A ton of fans eat there before games. It's A-State themed and has a train horn on top of the building that goes off whenever we score a touchdown. The downtown area is also not far from campus at all and has several different restaurants to choose from.

I second this. JTown's is great and extremely close to the stadium. After the game, hit the downtown area for good food and spirits.
03-22-2016 09:22 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I'm IHG platinum and I tend to avoid the Holiday Inn Express. It's not bad, it's just that its on that path. Needs updating.

Best option likely to be open is Hilton Garden Inn followed by Fairfield and Comfort Suites. A Courtyard Marriott is slated to open this summer a bit north of the stadium and might be the better choice for traffic because you can come straight down 49 and turn right into the Stadium/Convo area and be opposite the traffic trying to get home on Red Wolf in the midst of game traffic (weeknight mess).

Food wise, J-Town is handy to the stadium, Godsey's and Skinny J's are fine. You want to spend, Omar's Uptown is where it's at, one of my very favorite steak houses. I tend to get a hankering for Wings To Go (no alcohol).

Tickets, contact your school. We have areas reserved for visitors and unless you are the type who berates your own players if things don't go well, you will get tickets near the other Georgia Southern fans who will mostly be family of players and coaches. Just a warning cause you never know what happens at a ball game and you don't want to be that guy in the heat of the moment.
03-25-2016 10:36 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

Yes, go through Georgia Southern for your tickets here. They are not any more expensive than any other seat, and we are very good about putting visiting fans right bend their bench. They aren't 50 yard line seats, but they aren't that bad either.
03-25-2016 10:59 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

(03-25-2016 10:59 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Yes, go through Georgia Southern for your tickets here. They are not any more expensive than any other seat, and we are very good about putting visiting fans right bend their bench. They aren't 50 yard line seats, but they aren't that bad either.

Cool thanks guys, I was inquiring more about what does your single game ticket prices run usually.....$30 - $40 or whatever
03-26-2016 01:27 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
stAte Fans?
(03-26-2016 01:27 PM)GS99-00 Wrote:  
(03-25-2016 10:59 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Yes, go through Georgia Southern for your tickets here. They are not any more expensive than any other seat, and we are very good about putting visiting fans right bend their bench. They aren't 50 yard line seats, but they aren't that bad either.

Cool thanks guys, I was inquiring more about what does your single game ticket prices run usually.....$30 - $40 or whatever

$20
03-27-2016 12:16 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

Thanks, everyone
03-28-2016 08:16 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

So, A buddy & I will definitely be making it to the game, we are flying in to Memphis, he is coming from DC & I'm flying out of ATL. We'll fly in around 11:30am that Tuesday, & then drive up to Jonesboro & stay 2 nights at the Comfort Suites.....we are both pumped about taking in this game.

I hope to possibly meet some of y'all in person.
04-22-2016 09:13 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(04-22-2016 09:13 AM)GS99-00 Wrote:  So, A buddy & I will definitely be making it to the game, we are flying in to Memphis, he is coming from DC & I'm flying out of ATL. We'll fly in around 11:30am that Tuesday, & then drive up to Jonesboro & stay 2 nights at the Comfort Suites.....we are both pumped about taking in this game.

Great.
Never stayed at the Comfort Suites but it faces the Fairfield where I frequently stay and the Comfort Suites is pretty new and seems to be nice looking at the outside. If memory serves they usually have some AState themed thing painted on the lobby windows to make you feel welcome. :)
No big deal but a caveat. The old NEA Baptist Hospital (mostly closed) is between the hotel and Red Wolf Blvd, first time you drive to Caraway or from Caraway to the hotel it feels a little awkward like you are wandering around but it is no big deal. From Caraway you get on the access road drive past the old hospital, come to a T intersection, turn right follow the curve and your hotel is on the left before the Fairfield. Easy stuff but like I said doing it live the first time feel like you wandering around.
04-22-2016 09:41 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

(04-22-2016 09:41 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-22-2016 09:13 AM)GS99-00 Wrote:  So, A buddy & I will definitely be making it to the game, we are flying in to Memphis, he is coming from DC & I'm flying out of ATL. We'll fly in around 11:30am that Tuesday, & then drive up to Jonesboro & stay 2 nights at the Comfort Suites.....we are both pumped about taking in this game.

Great.
Never stayed at the Comfort Suites but it faces the Fairfield where I frequently stay and the Comfort Suites is pretty new and seems to be nice looking at the outside. If memory serves they usually have some AState themed thing painted on the lobby windows to make you feel welcome. :)
No big deal but a caveat. The old NEA Baptist Hospital (mostly closed) is between the hotel and Red Wolf Blvd, first time you drive to Caraway or from Caraway to the hotel it feels a little awkward like you are wandering around but it is no big deal. From Caraway you get on the access road drive past the old hospital, come to a T intersection, turn right follow the curve and your hotel is on the left before the Fairfield. Easy stuff but like I said doing it live the first time feel like you wandering around.

Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciated all the recommendations
It will be a fun 2 nights in Jonesboro
04-22-2016 09:53 AM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Don't forget Andy's Frozen Custard!!!
04-22-2016 10:47 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(04-22-2016 10:47 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Don't forget Andy's Frozen Custard!!!

You're not human if you don't like Andy's
04-22-2016 11:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.