Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did Jeff Lebo get a vote of confidence from ECU AD Jeff Compher?
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Yesterday, the Memphis athletic department came out and said they aren't going to make a change yet, and they will give Pastner more support...

Has Jeff Compher made a similar statement yet about Jeff Lebo?

Lebo was 12–20 this year, and 4–14 in conference.
Pastner was 19-15 this year, and 8-10 in conference.

What is the ECU athletic department saying on the matter? Vote of confidence? Increase in resources? Undaunted?

[Image: 9074817.jpg][Image: jeff-lebo-quote-we-were-picked-last-in-t...le-not.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 07:16 PM by BigEastHomer.)
03-19-2016 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: Did Jeff Lebo get a vote of confidence from ECU AD Jeff Compher?
I think all we have is Compher's email to PurpleReigns.

(03-14-2016 01:32 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Dear <omitted>:

Thank you for your feedback and concerns regarding our Men’s basketball program.

Jeff
03-19-2016 02:44 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Lebo is so, so bad.
03-19-2016 05:07 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU, AAC
(03-19-2016 02:44 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I think all we have is Compher's email to PurpleReigns.

Thank you for your feedback and concerns regarding our Men’s basketball program.

Jeff

Is this real?
03-19-2016 05:46 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pirates
Compher doesn't even have the guts to give a vote of confidence. He would rather say nothing, do nothing, and hope the vast majority of ECU fans just forget about basketball till next year.
03-19-2016 05:49 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

(03-19-2016 02:44 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I think all we have is Compher's email to PurpleReigns.

Jeff

If so I mean, I wouldn't expect him to go into much detail about the situation but he could have said a little more than that!
03-19-2016 05:49 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-19-2016 05:49 PM)Mikeyp Wrote:  

Jeff

If so I mean, I wouldn't expect him to go into much detail about the situation but he could have said a little more than that!

I agree. Our AD always gives some kind of answer.. not just a thank you, drive through.

This is tourney season. Everyone can see the money involved with each round of games. Never in history has ECU had so much at stake in this sport and such a vehicle (AAC/ESPN) to get a piece of it. The old horses can talk about ECU's past but this is really a unique period in that history. MTSU is where ECU USED TO BE and even they are making noise (with no great history to speak of and in conference Siberia).
Is Compher a businessman?
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2016 06:44 PM by BigEastHomer.)
03-19-2016 06:19 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(03-19-2016 05:46 PM)Mikeyp Wrote:  

Jeff

Is this real?

Very much so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
03-19-2016 07:18 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(03-19-2016 05:49 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  Compher doesn't even have the guts to give a vote of confidence. He would rather say nothing, do nothing, and hope the vast majority of ECU fans just forget about basketball till next year.

He has 6 days at most or we can pretty much assume that Lebo is retained. Shouldn't take no more than two weeks to fire Lebo if you're going to pull the trigger.

03-19-2016 07:20 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: Did Jeff Lebo get a vote of confidence from ECU AD Jeff Compher?
(03-19-2016 02:36 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Yesterday, the Memphis athletic department came out and said they aren't going to make a change yet, and they will give Pastner more support...

Has Jeff Compher made a similar statement yet about Jeff Lebo?

Lebo was 12–20 this year, and 4–14 in conference.
Pastner was 19-15 this year, and 8-10 in conference.

What is the ECU athletic department saying on the matter? Vote of confidence? Increase in resources? Undaunted?

[Image: 9074817.jpg][Image: jeff-lebo-quote-we-were-picked-last-in-t...le-not.jpg]

Vote of no confidence? Wtf does that even mean. Are you canadian or a member of the galactic senate.
03-19-2016 07:27 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

We fans need to band together and ask for a vote of no confidence on Compher if he keeps Lebo

03-19-2016 07:36 PM
Advertisement

Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

(03-19-2016 07:36 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  We fans need to band together and ask for a vote of no confidence on Compher if he keeps Lebo

I like Jeff Compher. He runs the athletic dept. like a business. Which it is. And he has balls (some might disagree) as is apparent in his firing of ruff which was a hugely unpopular decision. I love the Scottie Montgomery hire more now than at first. Anyway I think the Lebo thing is money and nothing else. ECU boosters don't give money to the basketball program sadly. And not much will change until people start to think differently about ECU basketball. And takes winning.
03-19-2016 08:17 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-19-2016 08:17 PM)Mikeyp Wrote:  
(03-19-2016 07:36 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  We fans need to band together and ask for a vote of no confidence on Compher if he keeps Lebo

I like Jeff Compher. He runs the athletic dept. like a business. Which it is. And he has balls (some might disagree) as is apparent in his firing of ruff which was a hugely unpopular decision. I love the Scottie Montgomery hire more now than at first. Anyway I think the Lebo thing is money and nothing else. ECU boosters don't give money to the basketball program sadly. And not much will change until people start to think differently about ECU basketball. And takes winning.

He doesn't run it like a business.

You NEVER let a money program atrophy. Period. Not in the current environment.

In the face of apathy, if you're an AD, you pull out the stops. Fundraise. Motivate. Have Chris Beard on speed dial. We are talking basketball in North Carolina. If you can't sell a progressive vision to a fanbase with the numbers of ECU, I think you have the wrong skillset to be an AD.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2016 08:28 PM by BigEastHomer.)
03-19-2016 08:20 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

(03-19-2016 08:20 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

In the face of apathy, if you're an AD, you pull out the stops. Fundraise. Motivate. Have Chris Beard on speed dial. We are talking basketball in North Carolina. If you can't sell a progressive vision to a fanbase with the numbers of ECU, I think you have the wrong skillset to be an AD.

Well I'm sure you have all the answers so I'm not going to get into it but your point is correct. It's basketball in NC! Sadly, who's going to come play at ECU when you can play at Duke, unc or even state or wake. It's the sad current reality of basketball at ECU. We need someone who can sell the program and recruit.
03-20-2016 07:44 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(03-20-2016 07:44 AM)Mikeyp Wrote:  Well I'm sure you have all the answers so I'm not going to get into it but your point is correct. It's basketball in NC! Sadly, who's going to come play at ECU when you can play at Duke, unc or even state or wake. It's the sad current reality of basketball at ECU. We need someone who can sell the program and recruit.

Oh stfu with that bull****. Do you even bother looking at UNC and Duke rosters. Most aren't even from NC, especially at Duke. I'm so tired of this half added excuse getting trotted out time and time and time again.

Ffs, do some research on how many quality players from NC and up in the A10, CAA, CUSA and even other AAC schools. NC is loaded with basketball talent and they all can't play in the ACC.

For example, the Cincy/St Joe's game had 4 or 5 players from NC either starting or getting significant minutes. FOUR played for St. Joes. One was from Williamston right up the road from ECU.I guarantee that they had no clue where that school even was before they were recruited.

Lebo missed on Gary Clark at Cincy. He missed out on Akeem Richmond to friggin Rhode Island. Luckily he got homesick. We lost Bazemore to ODU. PLENTY of others have ended up at UNCC, VCU, UNCG, UNCA and lesser ACC schools. Simply put, you have NO ******* idea what you're talking about.

Lebo should have been **** canned after failing to reach the NCAA or NIT in 2013. That team was one of the most talented we ever had. Instead he pissed it away into a sorry ass CIT and got extended. Its a joke for that to happen.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 08:12 AM by blunderbuss.)
03-20-2016 08:10 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports

Well Memphis is. You started this thread by saying Memphis was giving a vote of confidence.

Lebo returns 72% of ECU's offense next year, and adds an injured big man and two recruits (PG and SG) so far...likely a JUCO big will get added.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 09:02 AM by HP-TBDPITL.)
03-20-2016 09:01 AM
Advertisement

PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(03-20-2016 08:10 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(03-20-2016 07:44 AM)Mikeyp Wrote:  Well I'm sure you have all the answers so I'm not going to get into it but your point is correct. It's basketball in NC! Sadly, who's going to come play at ECU when you can play at Duke, unc or even state or wake. It's the sad current reality of basketball at ECU. We need someone who can sell the program and recruit.

Oh stfu with that bull****. Do you even bother looking at UNC and Duke rosters. Most aren't even from NC, especially at Duke. I'm so tired of this half added excuse getting trotted out time and time and time again.

Ffs, do some research on how many quality players from NC and up in the A10, CAA, CUSA and even other AAC schools. NC is loaded with basketball talent and they all can't play in the ACC.

For example, the Cincy/St Joe's game had 4 or 5 players from NC either starting or getting significant minutes. FOUR played for St. Joes. One was from Williamston right up the road from ECU.I guarantee that they had no clue where that school even was before they were recruited.

Lebo missed on Gary Clark at Cincy. He missed out on Akeem Richmond to friggin Rhode Island. Luckily he got homesick. We lost Bazemore to ODU. PLENTY of others have ended up at UNCC, VCU, UNCG, UNCA and lesser ACC schools. Simply put, you have NO ******* idea what you're talking about.

Lebo should have been **** canned after failing to reach the NCAA or NIT in 2013. That team was one of the most talented we ever had. Instead he pissed it away into a sorry ass CIT and got extended. Its a joke for that to happen.

We literally have a basketball factory some 30 minutes away at Kinston High School, yet I feel we have not recruited a single player from there. If I was coach my first recruiting trip/call is to see/speak with the Kinston coach and get his thoughts on his current roster and any top player they have faced the past season. He is the TOP contact you need from this part of the state and if you get in good with him he can put a bug into his players' ears, "Your family can see every home game you play if they wanted at ECU for a much quicker trip than any other D1 university."

There is no reason we should be recruiting out of NC and the Norfolk, VA area.

03-20-2016 09:06 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
Herrion had a kid from K-town, even hired Stackhouse (believe Jerry's uncle) as a coach.
03-20-2016 09:10 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(03-20-2016 09:10 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Herrion had a kid from K-town, even hired Stackhouse (believe Jerry's uncle) as a coach.

I'm talking During Lebo's stay

03-20-2016 09:14 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-20-2016 09:01 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  

Well Memphis is. You started this thread by saying Memphis was giving a vote of confidence.

Lebo returns 72% of ECU's offense next year, and adds an injured big man and two recruits (PG and SG) so far...likely a JUCO big will get added.

Returning 72% of a team that gave USF 25% of their win total doesn't inspire confidence. College basketball, probably more than any other sport, is driven by great coaching. Lebo is about to be pushed to the absolute 'bottom' of that hierarchy by UCF and Tulane.

Memphis's situation is probably unique to college basketball history. Don't confuse their action/inaction with injecting life into that program. Nevertheless, at least they are openly addressing it (and they are nowhere close to that 'bottom'.).
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 09:21 AM by BigEastHomer.)
03-20-2016 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.