WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Third Recruiting Coordinator in 2 months...
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
Third Recruiting Coordinator in 2 months...
Just hired a new one after Will Redmond bolted for the same job at Middle Tennessee State
02-24-2016 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Third Recruiting Coordinator in 2 months...
(02-24-2016 11:31 AM)jubbasubba Wrote:  Just hired a new one after Will Redmond bolted for the same job at Middle Tennessee State

Was Redmond a holdover or new coming in?
02-24-2016 11:39 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Didn't Redmond just arrive here? Seems like he was included in the press release when they announced the other coordinator additions.
02-24-2016 11:47 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Why would somebody jump ship for MTSU?
02-24-2016 11:47 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(02-24-2016 11:47 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Why would somebody jump ship for MTSU?

Have you been outside today?? We should relocate WMU somewhere down there.
02-24-2016 12:30 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2016 12:30 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Have you been outside today?? We should relocate WMU somewhere down there.

I will be outside shovel in hand soon enough. It's blowing so hard up here the Saginaw River is flowing backward. Literally.

Part of the charm of WMU-our state is the changing of the seasons including Winter sports-activities for many.

Besides there'd be nobody for our Hockey team to play in Tennessee.
02-24-2016 12:39 PM
Advertisement

jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
Andy Howell jumped ship after the season to return to the NFL. Redmond was hired in January and stepped in nicely for NSD. Left for MTSU earlier this week. Redmond came here from being an assistant rec. coordinator at Tennessee. Howell was only here a year as well. He took over for Shimko? Shimko was also only here for a year if I remember correctly.
02-24-2016 02:35 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

MTSU seems like a lateral move at best.
02-24-2016 02:50 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-24-2016 02:50 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  MTSU seems like a lateral move at best.

I cant speak to the FB program though it seemed a relatively even match. But MTSU in Murphysboro or burro or burra depending on enunciation is a nice area. Not far from Nashville and historical Franklin Tennessee. I have a sister living down in the "holla" married to Dolly Parton's drummer. Have visited at times and very nice.
02-24-2016 03:15 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-24-2016 02:35 PM)jubbasubba Wrote:  Andy Howell jumped ship after the season to return to the NFL. Redmond was hired in January and stepped in nicely for NSD. Left for MTSU earlier this week. Redmond came here from being an assistant rec. coordinator at Tennessee. Howell was only here a year as well. He took over for Shimko? Shimko was also only here for a year if I remember correctly.

Apparently the Admiral's ability to hype himself and hold you in a trance is limited to teen age boys, certain type of women and football fans who always refer to the program as we.

For those with a life experience, aren't those kind of chicks and have a life, including some assistant coaches the trance-o-meter barely has a reading.

Why am I picturing Stuart Smalley looking into the mirror talking to himself?
02-24-2016 03:20 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2016 03:15 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  I cant speak to the FB program though it seemed a relatively even match. But MTSU in Murphysboro or burro or burra depending on enunciation is a nice area. Not far from Nashville and historical Franklin Tennessee. I have a sister living down in the "holla" married to Dolly Parton's drummer. Have visited at times and very nice.

Nicer than Kzoo/Portage (February blizzards not withstanding)?
02-24-2016 03:56 PM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(02-24-2016 03:20 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 02:35 PM)jubbasubba Wrote:  Andy Howell jumped ship after the season to return to the NFL. Redmond was hired in January and stepped in nicely for NSD. Left for MTSU earlier this week. Redmond came here from being an assistant rec. coordinator at Tennessee. Howell was only here a year as well. He took over for Shimko? Shimko was also only here for a year if I remember correctly.

Apparently the Admiral's ability to hype himself and hold you in a trance is limited to teen age boys, certain type of women and football fans who always refer to the program as we.

For those with a life experience, aren't those kind of chicks and have a life, including some assistant coaches the trance-o-meter barely has a reading.

These damn millenials ruin everything. 03-troll
02-24-2016 04:18 PM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

Many older more experienced people have that "trance-o-meter thing down pretty good. Many of us choose not to use it because in a sense it is somewhat unethical to use those skills on the unwitting. Some people are so easy it is ridiculous.

Still, if the guy is really pulling down $850,000 or whatever, the people backing and signing ithat contract are not really what you would call chumps or pushovers, so there is that part of it.

Did anyone watch Vinyl? Record company recruiters are masters at the game as well.

If I were breaking into the recruiting business, hooking up at WMU woul seem like a a pretty good place to hone my skills. Kind of a high profile step on the recruiting ladder.
02-24-2016 04:45 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

The people change but the good recruiting remains the same...

Yeah. I'm paddling the canoe.
02-24-2016 05:15 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I use We. I just love WMU football and basketball. Was a big part of my college and now alumni experience. GBL hates me. :(
02-24-2016 07:07 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2016 03:20 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

You really think it's PJ running these guys off? What will it take for some here to just enjoy the new trajectory of this program?
02-24-2016 07:12 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

The recruiting coordinator position is a pretty fluid position in general, IMO, because they're naturally looking to advance in the ranks.

Howell left for the NFL
Redmond left for what appears to be his home state
Others in the past have left for position coach and coordinator jobs at smaller schools...

I don't see any red flags.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 08:09 PM by Hoekjeness.)
02-24-2016 08:08 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(02-24-2016 08:08 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  The recruiting coordinator position is a pretty fluid position in general, IMO, because they're naturally looking to advance in the ranks.

Howell left for the NFL
Redmond left for what appears to be his home state
Others in the past have left for position coach and coordinator jobs at smaller schools...

I don't see any red flags.

Tim Knox was our recruiting coordinator for five years and a RB coach before that.
02-24-2016 08:46 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
Shimko wanted to coach, not coordinate recruiting. Redmond is from Tennessee, had family back there. Thought he was in line for the MTSU job, but WMU called first and he took the opp. When MTSU opened up it was a no-brainer for him. He's a good guy - young - and appreciated getting a shot up here. But, he wanted MTSU all along.
02-24-2016 08:58 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-24-2016 07:07 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  I use We. I just love WMU football and basketball. Was a big part of my college and now alumni experience. GBL hates me. :(

No, GBL doesn't hate you. I'm concerned for you because I love you man!

Others? Not so much.
02-24-2016 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.