Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCONN Documentary on ESPN2 Interupted by a basketball game!
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
UCONN Documentary on ESPN2 Interupted by a basketball game!
That was the most lopsided broadcast crew (not to mention the weird officiating) that I've ever seen.

I had to shut the game off. I just couldn't stand another 10 minute UCONN player/coach commentary.
02-13-2016 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: UCONN Documentary on ESPN2 Interupted by a basketball game!
I couldn't stand the 25 to 2 foul shot disparity for 39 minutes of the game.
02-13-2016 10:11 PM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(02-13-2016 10:10 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  That was the most lopsided broadcast crew (not to mention the weird officiating) that I've ever seen.

I had to shut the game off. I just couldn't stand another 10 minute UCONN player/coach commentary.

Haha. At least your documentary broadcasts focus on one of the teams playing. In any game where Lebo is the coach there is a guarentees 15 minute blow job for unc
02-13-2016 10:14 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
Aww, its OK, the Tulsans made a spirited comeback, just fell short, I hope Panic is OK.
02-13-2016 10:16 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

(02-13-2016 10:11 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  I couldn't stand the 25 to 2 foul shot disparity for 39 minutes of the game.

Honestly, the huskies got a ton of calls that they wouldn't if they were away from home. We should have shot more FT's. I knew the refs were a lost cause when they whistled Tulsa for a foul after Gibbs slipped with no contact from anyone.
02-13-2016 10:23 PM
Kuran Iverson Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kuran Iverson
(02-13-2016 10:11 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  I couldn't stand the 25 to 2 foul shot disparity for 39 minutes of the game.

This is based on the flawed logic that all teams foul at the same rate.....Some teams foul more than others. I have no dog in the fight, but UCONN could not stop fouling tonight.
02-13-2016 10:23 PM
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

Good game Huskies. I had doubts about us being able to win this one.

I agree with Invisiblehand about the broadcast crew though. If you wanna reminisce about the past do it at the coffee shop not on national television.
02-13-2016 10:33 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(02-13-2016 10:23 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

Honestly, the huskies got a ton of calls that they wouldn't if they were away from home. We should have shot more FT's. I knew the refs were a lost cause when they whistled Tulsa for a foul after Gibbs slipped with no contact from anyone.

Tulsa should work on cashing in on the ones they got. Their free throw percentage tonight was atrocious.
02-13-2016 10:35 PM
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
At least I got to enjoy Deadpool before that large crap we took on the court in the first half. The top half of this league is good, any team can win on any night. Just wished tonight, that it was us.
02-13-2016 10:37 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

It was a great Tulsa comeback. Tulsa is easily NCAA tourney quality. UCONN was lucky to leave with the W. Huskies need to learn how to keep a lead and keep the offense flowing for 40 minutes.
02-13-2016 10:39 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

(02-13-2016 10:37 PM)Jesterondirt Wrote:  At least I got to enjoy Deadpool before that large crap we took on the court in the first half. The top half of this league is good, any team can win on any night. Just wished tonight, that it was us.

Fantastic! Outstanding! Why do we need to know this information? You would've been better served keeping that to yourself!!
02-13-2016 10:40 PM
Advertisement

Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
(02-13-2016 10:40 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(02-13-2016 10:37 PM)Jesterondirt Wrote:  At least I got to enjoy Deadpool before that large crap we took on the court in the first half. The top half of this league is good, any team can win on any night. Just wished tonight, that it was us.

Fantastic! Outstanding! Why do we need to know this information? You would've been better served keeping that to yourself!!
K?
02-13-2016 10:46 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Lol get over it dude. Tulsa plus a +25 free throw difference couldn't beat a poorly coached UConn team. So sorry Caron and HOF JIm distracted the audience for maybe 5 minutes from the god awful pu$$y basketball calls this conference seemingly encourages.
02-13-2016 10:49 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

(02-13-2016 10:35 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(02-13-2016 10:23 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

Tulsa should work on cashing in on the ones they got. Their free throw percentage tonight was atrocious.

You're right. If we would have hit FT's we could have won by 10. I think everyone cringes when some of our guys go to the line. That's something these seniors have never done well.
02-13-2016 11:07 PM
TforTempleU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
Aren't you the guy that whined when Temple beat you? Now you're whining when UConn beats you?
02-14-2016 04:05 AM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

Sorry we have 4 titles and a HOF former coach. The media tend to like to talk about that kind of stuff when we play.
02-14-2016 11:20 AM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(02-14-2016 11:20 AM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  Sorry we have 4 titles and a HOF former coach. The media tend to like to talk about that kind of stuff when we play.

This is a point I was going to make. UConn is a premier national program with a history of NCAA basketball championships, playing at home with their hall of fame coach in attendance to add to some color to the discussion. Don’t you think UConn earned that kind of respect and coverage? I’ll go one step further and say that type of notoriety and exposure is good for the conference as a whole.

I’m not expecting Tulsa fans to like it or even agree with it, you shouldn’t, but if your program had that same type of success and history I would expect ESPN would have given the same type coverage and respect to your program.
02-14-2016 11:30 AM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

(02-14-2016 11:30 AM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  
(02-14-2016 11:20 AM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  Sorry we have 4 titles and a HOF former coach. The media tend to like to talk about that kind of stuff when we play.

This is a point I was going to make. UConn is a premier national program with a history of NCAA basketball championships, playing at home with their hall of fame coach in attendance to add to some color to the discussion. Don’t you think UConn earned that kind of respect and coverage? I’ll go one step further and say that type of notoriety and exposure is good for the conference as a whole.

I’m not expecting Tulsa fans to like it or even agree with it, you shouldn’t, but if your program had that same type of success and history I would expect ESPN would have given the same type coverage and respect to your program.

There's definitely a time and place for that though. An important conference game isn't it. The announcers are supposed to try to be impartial. That's pretty hard when you have the former HOF UCONN coach announcing over a quarter of the game.
02-14-2016 12:57 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

(02-14-2016 12:57 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

There's definitely a time and place for that though. An important conference game isn't it. The announcers are supposed to try to be impartial. That's pretty hard when you have the former HOF UCONN coach announcing over a quarter of the game.

It also happened to relate to a ceremony that took place at halftime of the game they were broadcasting. I'd have no issue with it if the situation were reversed. I like playing programs with historical significance.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2016 01:08 PM by HartfordHusky.)
02-14-2016 01:06 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

(02-14-2016 01:06 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  
(02-14-2016 12:57 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

It also happened to relate to a ceremony that took place at halftime of the game they were broadcasting. I'd have no issue with it if the situation were reversed. I like playing programs with historical significance.

Why should Tulsa fans sit through 15 minutes of Caron Butler and Calhoun? No one outside of Hartford cares about them. Especially Butler. I don't expect Husky fans to sit through 15 minutes of Bill Self & Eric Coley during gametime.

The consensus among every Tulsa fan watching that game was that it was way overboard.
02-14-2016 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.