Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Beginning the fight of/for my life...
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
I've enjoyed my time here these past few years. It's really been a blast to talk college sports with conference mates.

Today my test results came back, and I find myself with testicular cancer at the age of 29. I encourage all of you to regularly check yourselves and be on top of your physicals. I have more tests scheduled in order to create a specific plan of action, but I am doing my best to stay positive and use this board as an escape from reality.

04-cheers
02-06-2016 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Online
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
RE: OT: Beginning the fight of/for my life...
Wow. Thoughts with you. Godspeed.
02-06-2016 07:53 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I'm sorry to hear this. How did you discover it? Pain? Swelling?
02-06-2016 07:53 PM
The Original Timmy Chan Offline
Bad Mammy Jammy

I Root For: my wife
Sorry to hear it, but only one thing to do. Fight hard. Cancer kicked you in the balls, you kick it back harder.

Find doctors/hospital you trust, learn to ask for and accept help when you need it. You got this.
02-06-2016 08:02 PM
TforTempleU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
Jesus. Really sorry to hear about that man and best of luck during your recoveries.
02-06-2016 08:03 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Sorry to hear. The positive part is that it's very treatable if caught early. I have two close friends that are older and were diagnosed they are both doing fine. Stay positive
02-06-2016 08:04 PM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(02-06-2016 07:47 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  I've enjoyed my time here these past few years. It's really been a blast to talk college sports with conference mates.

Today my test results came back, and I find myself with testicular cancer at the age of 29. I encourage all of you to regularly check yourselves and be on top of your physicals. I have more tests scheduled in order to create a specific plan of action, but I am doing my best to stay positive and use this board as an escape from reality.

04-cheers

Just remember that at least you aren't a Rutgers fan. It could be worse.

(I really hope that doesn't come off wrong. I'm trying to be light and upbeat. On a serious note, you have my thoughts and prayers.)
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 08:07 PM by nzmorange.)
02-06-2016 08:06 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
Keep your head up and don't give up. Wishing you a full recovery.
02-06-2016 08:09 PM
Cecil_B_DeMoore Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
Sorry to hear that. Really puts things into perspective. I appreciate you sharing your fight with us. It is a fight, but a very winnable one. I know two guys who have had testicular cancer. Neither caught it early. Both are doing fine today. I fully expect you to be #3. Keep us posted.
02-06-2016 08:13 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
We need your smart aleck ways around here so do what your doc says
02-06-2016 08:23 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
looking forward to the thread you make about when youve beaten the cancer

dont let it bring you down

hoping for your full recovery so we can get back to whats important= our petty board room trash talk and your trolling 04-cheers
02-06-2016 08:24 PM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-06-2016 07:47 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  I've enjoyed my time here these past few years. It's really been a blast to talk college sports with conference mates.

04-cheers
HuskyU, you can ignore, acknowledge, or anything else you want with this and if you wish, I'll delete it.......

Father, I lift up the man that I know as HuskyU to You right now. As two of Your children, I lift him up for the specific issue of testicular cancer, his tests, treatment strategy, and treatment. I, and whoever may join me, pray for accurate review of the test/diagnosis and to give the attending physicians insight in accurate assessment of the disease and wisdom in developing the perfectly effective treatment strategy and associated detaied plan.

Our prayer is that this child of Yours will be healed and declared cancer free with the least invasive treatment needed chosen directly by you through his physicians.

So Father, we will cintinue to walk through this with him as you walk leading him through this unknown journey.

We ask for Your peace, strength, comfort, and conviction upon our friend "HuskyU" beginning today and through this journey.

Father, it's in your name we pray these things, amen
02-06-2016 08:46 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Appreciate your positive attitude HuskyU and for disclosing something so personal. You will be in good hands (pardon the pun 02-13-banana [just trying to keep things light]) with your doctors and should have treatment options. I'll say a prayer for you Brother. Keep up the fight and your faith!
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 08:50 PM by UCGrad1992.)
02-06-2016 08:48 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(02-06-2016 08:46 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  

04-cheers
HuskyU, you can ignore, acknowledge, or anything else you want with this and if you wish, I'll delete it.......

Father, I lift up the man that I know as HuskyU to You right now. As two of Your children, I lift him up for the specific issue of testicular cancer, his tests, treatment strategy, and treatment. I, and whoever may join me, pray for accurate review of the test/diagnosis and to give the attending physicians insight in accurate assessment of the disease and wisdom in developing the perfectly effective treatment strategy and associated detaied plan.

Our prayer is that this child of Yours will be healed and declared cancer free with the least invasive treatment needed chosen directly by you through his physicians.

So Father, we will cintinue to walk through this with him as you walk leading him through this unknown journey.

We ask for Your peace, strength, comfort, and conviction upon our friend "HuskyU" beginning today and through this journey.

Amen!
02-06-2016 08:49 PM
Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
Hang in there, prayers!!!
02-06-2016 08:49 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
You're going to beat it. Prayers and positive vibs sent your way. Keep us posted.
02-06-2016 08:54 PM
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(02-06-2016 08:49 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 08:46 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  

04-cheers

Amen!

I'll second that amen. All things are possible with God! Stay positive and keep fighting.
02-06-2016 09:02 PM
quintas Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
Will pray for you brother. Beat this thing!
02-06-2016 09:03 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

04-cheers

My next door neighbor's son developed the same thing at almost the same age. He had one testicle removed and has been cancer free for a decade. This is not a death sentence. Keep the faith...Keep a positive attitude...trust your docs. You are going to be fine.
02-06-2016 09:03 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
He's very young, so they should be able to do whatever they want with him. At 29, they don't have to worry about your insides not being able to handle the abuse.

Good luck and godspeed.
02-06-2016 09:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.