Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Life as a G5 fan
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat2013 Online
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Life as a G5 fan
So last night me and a few friends went out. One of my friends was having some fun with an older group of women and ended up pressuring me to dance with one that was wearing a UT shirt. So I relented and we danced. We got on the subject of college fandom and the exchange went like this:

UT Lady: "So are you a Longhorn too?"
Me: "na"
UT Lady: "So you're an Aggie?"
Me: "Hell na"
UT Lady: "Well what are you?"
Me: "Bobcat"
UT Lady: Confused look on her face, "What?"
Me: "Bobcat"
UT Lady: "Why?"
Me: "I went to TXST."
UT Lady: "So why don't you like the Longhorns?"
Me: "I didn't go to UT"
UT Lady: "Well I guess we can't all be Longhorns"
Me: "Did you go to UT?"
UT Lady: "No, why?"
Me: "I guess you're right. We can't all be Longhorns."

I thought this exchange was humorous and I'm sure we can all relate when discussing our favorite college teams, just thought I'd share! I still prefer UT fans to A&M fans though.
01-30-2016 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pike51 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Life as a G5 fan
But the important question... what base did you get to?
01-30-2016 12:42 PM
Bobcat2013 Online
All American

If she was attractive I might have actually danced asked her to dance myself. That wasn't the case. Never felt back rolls like those on a dancing partner before. I can't unfeel that, scarred for life.
01-30-2016 12:48 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Life as a G5 fan
(01-30-2016 12:42 PM)Pike51 Wrote:  But the important question... what base did you get to?

Looks like a strike out swinging by the way the conversation went
01-30-2016 01:08 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
Yes! I get a lot of the "but you're actually a dawgs fan too, right?" questions a lot. As I grew up in a Tech family and went to Southern, this raises my blood pressure like no other.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016 01:13 PM by bullitt_60.)
01-30-2016 01:13 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(01-30-2016 12:48 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  If she was attractive I might have actually danced asked her to dance myself. That wasn't the case. Never felt back rolls like those on a dancing partner before. I can't unfeel that, scarred for life.

I can't unread it.
01-30-2016 01:57 PM
Advertisement

TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Had a guy at church once asked me "What's it like not being a UGA fans?"
01-30-2016 02:07 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-30-2016 01:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-30-2016 12:42 PM)Pike51 Wrote:  But the important question... what base did you get to?

Looks like a strike out swinging by the way the conversation went

Sounds more like fielder indifference to me.
01-30-2016 03:20 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-30-2016 02:07 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Had a guy at church once asked me "What's it like not being a UGA fans?"

"It's great. The tickets are cheaper and the the team lives up to preseason expectations more often. And we win conference championships sometimes, too."
01-30-2016 03:20 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Life as a G5 fan
(01-30-2016 02:07 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Had a guy at church once asked me "What's it like not being a UGA fans?"

Higher IQ.
01-30-2016 09:05 PM
TheMackAttack Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
When I worked at Texas A&M my student works used to call it Aflac State because they'd never heard of us. But we won 11 games, had 3 running backs better than anybody Texas A&M had, and didn't have either our #1 or #2 QB transfer out of the program, so I didn't feel too bad about it.
01-31-2016 12:36 AM
Advertisement

tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
Texas A&M Aggies are the most intolerable people on Earth.
01-31-2016 01:01 AM
TheMackAttack Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
(01-31-2016 01:01 AM)tx.state Wrote:  Texas A&M Aggies are the most intolerable people on Earth.

I loved working there. Are they a little bit cult-like? Yes, but they have so much passion for their school and it's just contagious. We have a great following at App, but I wish our fan base was a loyal and as passionate as Texas A&M's.
01-31-2016 01:10 AM
MountainDew Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana
I definitely feel your pain. I was born and raised in Lafayette as a Ragin Cajun. I graduated from UL and have been a fan for a long time. When I tell people in Louisiana I'm not an LSU fan, it's like I woulda told them I supported ISIS. You have people that support LSU who have never stepped foot on the LSU campus (or any college campus at all for that matter). And the worst, people who graduated from UL but "bleed purple and gold". It's frustrating. But I can assure you I would rather be a Ragin Cajun than a bandwagon tiger fan.
01-31-2016 05:04 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(01-31-2016 05:04 AM)MountainDew Wrote:  I definitely feel your pain. I was born and raised in Lafayette as a Ragin Cajun. I graduated from UL and have been a fan for a long time. When I tell people in Louisiana I'm not an LSU fan, it's like I woulda told them I supported ISIS. You have people that support LSU who have never stepped foot on the LSU campus (or any college campus at all for that matter). And the worst, people who graduated from UL but "bleed purple and gold". It's frustrating. But I can assure you I would rather be a Ragin Cajun than a bandwagon tiger fan.

well as a kid growing up in texas the question was always were you going to a-m or texas. since a-m was all male and they pressured everyone to join the corps. and do all that goofy spirit stuff, that was never a choice for me. as for ut-austin, my own personal experience was that only the lamest people I knew were hot to go there. I guess I was the odd man out in that I wanted to go to a school that had a good program in my chosen career field.
01-31-2016 08:58 AM
Bobcat2013 Online
All American

(01-31-2016 01:10 AM)TheMackAttack Wrote:  
(01-31-2016 01:01 AM)tx.state Wrote:  Texas A&M Aggies are the most intolerable people on Earth.

I loved working there. Are they a little bit cult-like? Yes, but they have so much passion for their school and it's just contagious. We have a great following at App, but I wish our fan base was a loyal and as passionate as Texas A&M's.

Their passion for A&M is incredible, but sometimes it goes too far. I have a friend that shut out other friends of ours because he couldn't take an Aggie joke. Most Aggies aren't that way but it's not uncommon for them to be so sensitive. Which is kind of ironic because most Aggie jokes come from cool Aggiess.
01-31-2016 08:59 AM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State

Impossible. There is nothing that can possibly touch the unwarranted arrogance of a GD Arkansas Razorback fan who did not attend that University.
01-31-2016 09:05 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Last time I told someone I was not a Razorback Fan, I was welcomed to Arkansas for the first time, and asked what state I was from...
01-31-2016 02:33 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(01-31-2016 08:59 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(01-31-2016 01:10 AM)TheMackAttack Wrote:  

Their passion for A&M is incredible, but sometimes it goes too far. I have a friend that shut out other friends of ours because he couldn't take an Aggie joke. Most Aggies aren't that way but it's not uncommon for them to be so sensitive. Which is kind of ironic because most Aggie jokes come from cool Aggiess.

for many years they have been a big school in a small town out in nowhere. one reason there is so much school spirit. besides, they have great facilities and it is a real good school. just wouldnt be the place for me.
01-31-2016 05:11 PM
PantherPride Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GSU
Life as a G5 fan
I'm pretty sure every school who is the states flagship university has those die hard fans that never attended. UGA fans are bad.

I haven't yet attended college yet, but I've been a GSU fan since they started football and I realized what a good school it is. They also have been competitive in basketball. My top two schools that I have plans to attend are GSU and KSU. Even if I go to KSU, I have put these last years of my life devoted to GSU and don't know if I could ever give it up.
01-31-2016 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.