Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's on, WKU.
Bookmark and Share
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
It's on, WKU.
2-0 vs the Toppers on Saturday... I think so. Men will be looking for blood after getting spanked by Marshall and ladies will be drawing from the BLUE OUT crowd at the Murph, crowd unlike what WKU is used to seeing since we average 3x as many fans as the Toppers... GO BLUE RAIDERS

It's the best time of the year... TOPPER BEATIN' TIME!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2016 11:46 PM by Ole Blue.)
01-28-2016 11:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
RE: It's on, WKU.
After the loss to Marshall we can not afford to take another loss to one of the garbage teams at the bottom of the standings in Western Ky. We have to take care of business against the Hillbillies and I believe we will.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 04:28 AM by MT FAN.)
01-29-2016 04:28 AM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Absolutely. MTSU should win this game by big numbers. Anything less would be total humiliation. Kermit doesn't have the pressure of a tournament championship or an NCAA game on the line so he should be able to win this going away.
01-29-2016 08:41 AM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(01-28-2016 11:43 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  2-0 vs the Toppers on Saturday... I think so. Men will be looking for blood after getting spanked by Marshall and ladies will be drawing from the BLUE OUT crowd at the Murph, crowd unlike what WKU is used to seeing since we average 3x as many fans as the Toppers... GO BLUE RAIDERS

It's the best time of the year... TOPPER BEATIN' TIME!!!

Are you talking WOMEN'S hoops?!? WOMEN's hoops?? 03-lmfao
01-29-2016 08:50 AM
CincyDave Offline
2nd String

Attendance smack is always stupid but attendance smack on women's basketball? What's next...does Middle get more fans at their track meets? 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 09:00 AM by CincyDave.)
01-29-2016 08:59 AM
Jacque Offline
Special Teams

(01-29-2016 08:59 AM)CincyDave Wrote:  Attendance smack is always stupid but attendance smack on women's basketball? What's next...does Middle get more fans at their track meets? 07-coffee3

Somewhat sexist to belittle attendance solely because it involves women's sports.
I was at Diddle last night and saw a great game by the Tops, but for the most part this season, the Lady Toppers were more enjoyable to watch because 1) they make less mental errors and 2) they win.
I would love for the Lady Toppers to get the kind of support that the MT women get, as they deserve it.
Don't really like any type of smack from a MT fan, but the numbers don't lie.
Having said that, I don't believe the Lady Toppers will be intimidated by the crowd. It should be a great game.
01-29-2016 09:28 AM
Advertisement

CincyDave Offline
2nd String

(01-29-2016 09:28 AM)Jacque Wrote:  
(01-29-2016 08:59 AM)CincyDave Wrote:  Attendance smack is always stupid but attendance smack on women's basketball? What's next...does Middle get more fans at their track meets? 07-coffee3

Somewhat sexist to belittle attendance solely because it involves women's sports.
I was at Diddle last night and saw a great game by the Tops, but for the most part this season, the Lady Toppers were more enjoyable to watch because 1) they make less mental errors and 2) they win.
I would love for the Lady Toppers to get the kind of support that the MT women get, as they deserve it.
Don't really like any type of smack from a MT fan, but the numbers don't lie.
Having said that, I don't believe the Lady Toppers will be intimidated by the crowd. It should be a great game.

Wasn't saying because it's a women's sport, was just saying because it's a low attendance sport for the vast vast majority of schools.
01-29-2016 09:33 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

No doubt LadY TOppers should get way more support then they do, pretty sad seeing most games under 1k...My question is how MTSU women out draw the men, that is unusual...
01-29-2016 09:36 AM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
I'm anxious to see if WKU can sustain the success they found last night. It was a different team. Won't be easy, but I feel better than I did 24 hours ago.

A WKU sweep of MTSU sure would be nice. Not sure which win I would enjoy more.
01-29-2016 09:37 AM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators
(01-29-2016 09:36 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  No doubt LadY TOppers should get way more support then they do, pretty sad seeing most games under 1k...My question is how MTSU women out draw the men, that is unusual...

We let MTC coach too long at WKU and she killed the fan base. She was not great at recruiting new fans. She had her potlucks (no joke) for the same ole group.

When I go to the Lady Topper games now, I see Coach Heard working the crowd. Literally, while the team is warming up, she is in the stands greeting fans and thanking them for coming out. Coach Heard is obviously an outstanding coach, but also an outstanding ambassador for WKU. I hope more fans realize what a great person and program we have and supports.
01-29-2016 09:40 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
WKU might be tired from the beating they handed out last night. :/
01-29-2016 10:36 AM
Advertisement

MT FAN Offline
All American

Well our guys should be well rested because they didn't even show up against Marshall.
01-29-2016 11:48 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I knew that attendance quip would rile up the WKU fans... Haha. It's gonna be a fun day. Men hopefully will come ready to play b/c obviously we did not do that at all vs Marshall. Ladies game will be exciting -- we are a work in progress this year so it will be interesting to see how we fare against a truly good WKU team.
01-29-2016 12:48 PM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

Should be good games both men and women. I started going to games between wku and mtsu in the 70's while attending wku.

We were the only two schools to go from the ovc>sbc>cusa

sure beats playing siu edwardsville
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 07:39 PM by Hilltop75.)
01-29-2016 07:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Are any WKU fans coming down for the ladies game? I have noticed on the Ticketmaster page that the visitors section is a lot emptier than it usually is when WKU visits... :( Hope y'all do have some fans, really adds to the excitement and atmosphere.
01-30-2016 03:37 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators
(01-30-2016 03:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Are any WKU fans coming down for the ladies game? I have noticed on the Ticketmaster page that the visitors section is a lot emptier than it usually is when WKU visits... :( Hope y'all do have some fans, really adds to the excitement and atmosphere.

Thank the C-USA scheduling team for low travel attendance.
01-30-2016 04:08 PM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(01-30-2016 04:08 PM)galojah Wrote:  
(01-30-2016 03:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Are any WKU fans coming down for the ladies game? I have noticed on the Ticketmaster page that the visitors section is a lot emptier than it usually is when WKU visits... :( Hope y'all do have some fans, really adds to the excitement and atmosphere.

Thank the C-USA scheduling team for low travel attendance.

I agree.... This game needs to be a double header at each location
01-30-2016 06:00 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Really dumb scheduling. Glad to see a good group of Hilltoppers fans here. Huge first half for the Raiders - could WKU lose their first?? It's 44-38 MT.
01-30-2016 07:03 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

WHAT A GAME for our ladies!! 83-75 win in front of a large and LOUD Murphy Center crowd. That was the best game we've played in a long, long time. Good timing, and good game WKU! It's great to get the win back in the Boro! 5,125 today at the Murph... loud throughout.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016 08:48 PM by Ole Blue.)
01-30-2016 08:43 PM
blueraidermike Offline
Bench Warmer

MT men lead 36-18 at the half
01-30-2016 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.