Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Be like Houston, Not afraid.
isidnirb Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Be like Houston, Not afraid.
Big props to Houston's success this season and especially in the recruiting trail.

Every member of the AAC has the same excuse of competing with SEC, ACC, BIG12, BIG12 and Pac12 schools. It is obvious Houston has the same obstacles we all do. But the staff and school said F that. We will chase the same 5* and 4* recruits and transfers...and put that much energy and more into it. It is impressive.

I just hope that other schools and coaches do and have the same attitude. No reason to be a one team league. If Houston can do it...so can UCF, USF, ECU, Memphis, Temple, etc.

Coach Mo you are on deck. Pirates.
01-05-2016 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Be like Houston, Not afraid.
#G-VegasTakeover
01-05-2016 03:04 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Exactly. It would have been easy to not fire Levine, but they made the right call. I hope ECU made the right call firing Ruff and hiring Mo. Won't know for a while, but like Levine at Houston ECU was never going to win a championship with Ruff as the coach.
01-05-2016 03:06 PM
isidnirb Offline
1st String

(01-05-2016 03:06 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Exactly. It would have been easy to not fire Levine, but they made the right call. I hope ECU made the right call firing Ruff and hiring Mo. Won't know for a while, but like Levine at Houston ECU was never going to win a championship with Ruff as the coach.

All the hires seem to be great so far for ECU. Lets see what happens, nothing proven yet.

This conference has produced two major bowl winners in the last 3 years. I want 3 for 4. No reason why we can't do it.
01-05-2016 03:14 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(01-05-2016 03:06 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Exactly. It would have been easy to not fire Levine, but they made the right call. I hope ECU made the right call firing Ruff and hiring Mo. Won't know for a while, but like Levine at Houston ECU was never going to win a championship with Ruff as the coach.

Agreed! Cincy needs to get rid of Pine box before he just drives that program in the ground, to no return. He has done it everywhere he has been. Still scratch my head at that hire.
01-05-2016 03:15 PM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
I don't think Norvell is backing down. He did sign a former 4* QB from Tennessee
01-05-2016 03:18 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-05-2016 03:14 PM)isidnirb Wrote:  

All the hires seem to be great so far for ECU. Lets see what happens, nothing proven yet.

This conference has produced two major bowl winners in the last 3 years. I want 3 for 4. No reason why we can't do it.

Yep the response to what Houston did this year should be across the league "if they can do it so can we."
01-05-2016 03:22 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-05-2016 03:15 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  

Agreed! Cincy needs to get rid of Pine box before he just drives that program in the ground, to no return. He has done it everywhere he has been. Still scratch my head at that hire.

Yep, he's just riding out this contract till retirement. He has no fire left.
01-05-2016 03:23 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

(01-05-2016 03:23 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Not starting ****. If they don't act soon they may find them in UCF's shoes this year. Hung on to a coach who lost his fire to coach and went 0---fer
01-05-2016 03:28 PM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(01-05-2016 03:28 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 03:23 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Not starting ****. If they don't act soon they may find them in UCF's shoes this year. Hung on to a coach who lost his fire to coach and went 0---fer
ouch
01-05-2016 03:35 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(01-05-2016 03:03 PM)isidnirb Wrote:  Big props to Houston's success this season and especially in the recruiting trail.

Every member of the AAC has the same excuse of competing with SEC, ACC, BIG12, BIG12 and Pac12 schools. It is obvious Houston has the same obstacles we all do. But the staff and school said F that. We will chase the same 5* and 4* recruits and transfers...and put that much energy and more into it. It is impressive.

I just hope that other schools and coaches do and have the same attitude. No reason to be a one team league. If Houston can do it...so can UCF, USF, ECU, Memphis, Temple, etc.

Come on guy. Herman is riding a magic carpet right now. He is playing with someone elses recruits and has struck gold. This is one in a million for G5 schools. Recruiting harder is not going to get more 4 or 5 star kids to ECU or any other school in this league.

This is a one of kind , once in a generation find for Houston. Congrats for them. But it is pure fantasy to think that some how other schools in this league can do the same in terms of recruiting. Not going to happen, even.
01-05-2016 03:40 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-05-2016 03:40 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 03:03 PM)isidnirb Wrote:  Big props to Houston's success this season and especially in the recruiting trail.

Come on guy. Herman is riding a magic carpet right now. He is playing with someone elses recruits and has struck gold. This is one in a million for G5 schools. Recruiting harder is not going to get more 4 or 5 star kids to ECU or any other school in this league.

This is a one of kind , once in a generation find for Houston. Congrats for them. But it is pure fantasy to think that some how other schools in this league can do the same in terms of recruiting. Not going to happen, even.

USF have been getting a pretty good number of 4 star kids the entire tenure of Taggert, and until this year he wasn't winning crap. This is a losers mentality right here. SMU is landing a great recruiting class despite being terrible this year.
01-05-2016 03:51 PM
isidnirb Offline
1st String

Thanks guy. TCU did it. Utah did it with Urban. (no idea on recruit rankings back then)

Yes a coach can do it. Stop selling yourself and this league short.07-coffee3
01-05-2016 04:01 PM
knightastic Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights

the biggest complaint about O'leary by some fans was that his methods were outdated and in many instances he didn't even try when a recruit had SEC offers

And there were a lot of fans that agreed with him "UCF is a G5 school, we can't recruit at that level"
01-05-2016 04:02 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

Disagree! Boise has been doing it for a decade. Boise in the middle of know where. They have a recruiting system they use, and it works. obviously Houston sits in a hot bed of talent, it may require coaches from other states, and schools to hustle more and travel more but look, if Boise can do it, any school in the AAC can do it. We all have resources, they are just different depending where your located.
01-05-2016 04:04 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(01-05-2016 03:51 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

USF have been getting a pretty good number of 4 star kids the entire tenure of Taggert, and until this year he wasn't winning crap. This is a losers mentality right here. SMU is landing a great recruiting class despite being terrible this year.

Getting 4 and 5 star kids to come to schools like ours has never happened on a regular basis. I think your attitude is more fantasy than reality. If it was this easy to kid these types of kids at ECU, it would have happened before. No way ECU is ever going to get 4 and 5 star kids on any type of regular basis. USF, and SMU are in unique areas for recruiting, but they are not close to Houston numbers.
01-05-2016 04:05 PM
Advertisement

baruna falls Offline
All American

(01-05-2016 04:04 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  

Disagree! Boise has been doing it for a decade. Boise in the middle of know where. They have a recruiting system they use, and it works. obviously Houston sits in a hot bed of talent, it may require coaches from other states, and schools to hustle more and travel more but look, if Boise can do it, any school in the AAC can do it. We all have resources, they are just different depending where your located.

Boise never landed a 5star recruit out of High School.( Boise guys tell me if I am wrong) Go back and look at their ESPN ratings for the past few years. Sometimes a a four star, but more 3's and 2's than anything else.
01-05-2016 04:08 PM
knightastic Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
Boise always hits gold w X&O coaches, they've never done great in recruiting
01-05-2016 04:10 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2016 04:01 PM)isidnirb Wrote:  

Thanks guy. TCU did it. Utah did it with Urban. (no idea on recruit rankings back then)

Yes a coach can do it. Stop selling yourself and this league short.07-coffee3

The woods are full of ECU fans and I guess the rest of the league has them too, that say 'we can never do that'. Those are the biggest obstacle at ECU, IMO. We have to many 'poor little ole us' mentality types that just think we should know our place. I went to school during the era of the great Chancellor Leo Jenkins, who never saw obstacles, but opportunities instead. I don't know what happened to the ECU culture that he spawned, but it sickens me to hear those types who poo poo ambitions and urge caution instead of being bold and reaching for the stars.
01-05-2016 04:32 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(01-05-2016 04:10 PM)knightastic Wrote:  Boise always hits gold w X&O coaches, they've never done great in recruiting

but theyve been dramatically better than everyone else in the MWC....

people will look at boise #60 ranked recruting classes and think they arent that great a rcruting team

but when you compare to the teams they play...80% of the MWC are in the 100s..and the next closest to the them are fresno/sdsu in the low 70's
01-05-2016 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.