Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unlocking the mystery that is the arrogance of La Tech Fans
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Unlocking the mystery that is the arrogance of La Tech Fans
Out of Arkansas media today. I'm sure Cajun fans will enjoy this.

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/jeff...-arrogant/
12-18-2015 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Unlocking the mystery that is the arrogance of La Tech Fans
Are you Jeff Reed?
12-18-2015 02:54 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-18-2015 02:54 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  Are you Jeff Reed?

Thankfully, no.
12-18-2015 03:32 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
As I've said elsewhere, it's divine that others are getting firsthand knowledge and experience with what we Cajun fans have dealt with for as long as I've followed college football, which is a long time. The Necksters are an arrogant and entitled bunch who are better than everyone else around them. Don't believe it, just ask 'em.

For the longest time I figured it had to be the size of the gene pool up there @Ruston. I've come to realize though that there's more, much more. They not only have a limited gene pool, they obviously pee in it and drink the water.
12-18-2015 03:56 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
Jeff really didn't dive into the arrogance of Loser Tech fans.....though, that in itself is a black hole. When did it start? And why?
Maybe there's no answer for it...?
Perhaps it's the same sense of 'entitlement' that is running rampant through our society today. "I'm entitled because things haven't worked out as I planned...I gave it a shot and others got in the way. And most importantly, "I said so."
12-18-2015 03:58 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(12-18-2015 03:56 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  As I've said elsewhere, it's divine that others are getting firsthand knowledge and experience with what we Cajun fans have dealt with for as long as I've followed college football, which is a long time. The Necksters are an arrogant and entitled bunch who are better than everyone else around them. Don't believe it, just ask 'em.

For the longest time I figured it had to be the size of the gene pool up there @Ruston. I've come to realize though that there's more, much more. They not only have a limited gene pool, they obviously pee in it and drink the water.

Some of us have known about it for many years....but we have our own inbred pig-nation to deal with. Amazingly similar.
12-18-2015 04:00 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-18-2015 03:58 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Jeff really didn't dive into the arrogance of Loser Tech fans.....though, that in itself is a black hole. When did it start? And why?
Perhaps it's the same sense of 'entitlement' that is running rampant through our society today. "I'm entitled because things haven't worked out as I planned...I gave it a shot and others got in the way. And most importantly, "I said so."

The first time I heard the prestige word from the mouth of a Neckster was in 1984. And I can be so precise because we were discussing the recent name-change of USL to the University of Louisiana. He was, of course, looking down his nose at me when he pointed out how much better LahTech was in all aspects than lowly USL. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but almost without fail every time the topic of LahTech came up thereafter in a discussion and a Neckster was involved, the word got dropped.

A prestigious bunch they are.
12-18-2015 04:20 PM
ThaGinga Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt/FSU/CFB
(12-18-2015 04:20 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-18-2015 03:58 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Jeff really didn't dive into the arrogance of Loser Tech fans.....though, that in itself is a black hole. When did it start? And why?

The first time I heard the prestige word from the mouth of a Neckster was in 1984. And I can be so precise because we were discussing the recent name-change of USL to the University of Louisiana. He was, of course, looking down his nose at me when he pointed out how much better LahTech was in all aspects than lowly USL. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but almost without fail every time the topic of LahTech came up thereafter in a discussion and a Neckster was involved, the word got dropped.

Ironically I was driving through Ruston on I-20 last week and I could have sworn I smelled prestige in the air. Reminded me of the South Park Episode where Kyle's family moves to San Francisco. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U please watch for the full effect of this post) Also you were right CF, they do have a nice water tower. 03-lmfao
12-18-2015 05:30 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-18-2015 05:30 PM)ThaGinga Wrote:  

Ironically I was driving through Ruston on I-20 last week and I could have sworn I smelled prestige in the air. Reminded me of the South Park Episode where Kyle's family moves to San Francisco. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U please watch for the full effect of this post) Also you were right CF, they do have a nice water tower. 03-lmfao

Indeed.

And according to their wiki page, Ruston is also home of:

The large Greenwood Cemetery
[Image: 200px-Greenwood_Cemetery%2C_Ruston%2C_LA_IMG_3832.JPG]

The large T.L. James Construction Company
[Image: 200px-T.L._James_Co._of_Ruston%2C_LA_IMG_3781.JPG]

And last, but not least, the large Temple Baptist Church
[Image: 200px-Revised_Temple_Baptist_Church%2C_R...G_5650.JPG]

03-lmfao

Okay, BRTransplant will most surely show up all weepy-eyed but furious to defend his hometown against yet another unprovoked attack by a Cajun meanie.

BR, a suggestion. If you really want to defend Ruston, contact whoever is in charge of Ruston's wiki page and have them edit those stupid captions. Might have 'em drop the water tower pic as well. While I realize flush toilets are the beez kneez in Ruston, most folks aren't impressed.
12-18-2015 06:06 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(12-18-2015 06:06 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-18-2015 05:30 PM)ThaGinga Wrote:  

Indeed.

And according to their wiki page, Ruston is also home of:

The large Greenwood Cemetery
[Image: 200px-Greenwood_Cemetery%2C_Ruston%2C_LA_IMG_3832.JPG]

The large T.L. James Construction Company
[Image: 200px-T.L._James_Co._of_Ruston%2C_LA_IMG_3781.JPG]

And last, but not least, the large Temple Baptist Church
[Image: 200px-Revised_Temple_Baptist_Church%2C_R...G_5650.JPG]

03-lmfao

Okay, BRTransplant will most surely show up all weepy-eyed but furious to defend his hometown against yet another unprovoked attack by a Cajun meanie.

BR, a suggestion. If you really want to defend Ruston, contact whoever is in charge of Ruston's wiki page and have them edit those stupid captions. Might have 'em drop the water tower pic as well. While I realize flush toilets are the beez kneez in Ruston, most folks aren't impressed.

And don't forget that large water tower. 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
12-18-2015 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(12-18-2015 03:56 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  As I've said elsewhere, it's divine that others are getting firsthand knowledge and experience with what we Cajun fans have dealt with for as long as I've followed college football, which is a long time. The Necksters are an arrogant and entitled bunch who are better than everyone else around them. Don't believe it, just ask 'em.

This is the only bright side of the whole rotten FB season: not only the COMPLETLY embarrassing performance of the USM game, but then to have a wide range of sports fans witness the idiotic fan base of ltu-r and the irrational call for a boycott of the bowl game. My favorite was all the responses of the Reddit thread a couple of weeks ago.

Priceless.
12-18-2015 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T_Won1 Offline
All American

It is a mystery, and I don't think it can be unlocked, it's irrational. Even I don't understand it, but it's always been this way. I think I'm one of the more rational Tech fans, but even I am impressed with what this small school in the middle of nowhere has been able to accomplish, and I have visions of Tech some day capturing the casual LSU fan and building this program to another level. Tech fans are very low in number, but very high in passion. There aren't many casual Tech fans, we are all die-hards... there is no reason to be a casual Tech fan... those folks are LSU fans. However, I would say that not all of us are like the loudest ones whose comments you read on a message board. Most of us find that embarrassing and low class. We are all proud, but we aren't all pricks. That being said, go to hell USL.
12-18-2015 09:29 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-18-2015 09:29 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  It is a mystery, and I don't think it can be unlocked, it's irrational. Even I don't understand it, but it's always been this way. I think I'm one of the more rational Tech fans, but even I am impressed with what this small school in the middle of nowhere has been able to accomplish, and I have visions of Tech some day capturing the casual LSU fan and building this program to another level. Tech fans are very low in number, but very high in passion. There aren't many casual Tech fans, we are all die-hards... there is no reason to be a casual Tech fan... those folks are LSU fans. However, I would say that not all of us are like the loudest ones whose comments you read on a message board. Most of us find that embarrassing and low class. We are all proud, but we aren't all pricks. That being said, go to hell USL.

We're weirdos too, albeit in a different way, so I can sympathize.
12-18-2015 10:59 PM
RustonCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte/Latech
(12-18-2015 09:29 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  It is a mystery, and I don't think it can be unlocked, it's irrational. Even I don't understand it, but it's always been this way. I think I'm one of the more rational Tech fans, but even I am impressed with what this small school in the middle of nowhere has been able to accomplish, and I have visions of Tech some day capturing the casual LSU fan and building this program to another level. Tech fans are very low in number, but very high in passion. There aren't many casual Tech fans, we are all die-hards... there is no reason to be a casual Tech fan... those folks are LSU fans. However, I would say that not all of us are like the loudest ones whose comments you read on a message board. Most of us find that embarrassing and low class. We are all proud, but we aren't all pricks. That being said, go to hell USL.

I agree. Some of the of the diehards need to chill.

I'm wearing red. My wife will wear blue :) house divided. Will be fun
12-18-2015 11:44 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

That hogdog sounds like a real inbred gem. I think she really believes the crap she spews.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 11:50 PM by Fanof49ASU.)
12-18-2015 11:49 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech

Get a few more W's against us and we will let you come back on the CUSA board CF. That said I kind of agree with some of this especially concerning the bowl game tomorrow and Tech fans protesting or whatever. Good luck tomorrow ASU and it should be a good game and hopefully well attended by both schools. 04-cheers
12-19-2015 01:07 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

Every school has it's wierdo's. I mean, Georgia Southern fans annoy Arkansas State fans almost daily, but simple smack talk annoyance is one thing, having a long thread on your main message board encouraging fans to boycott a bowl game, and actually legitimately discussing getting the AD to turn down New Orleans for the Arizona Bowl and a game on the freaking American Sports Network is a standard that few can top.

There's arrogance, and then there is La Tech.
12-19-2015 01:19 AM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
How soon some of y'all have forgotten the absolute arrogance of ULL fans just two short years ago when they were winning and were going to finally put La Tech in their place. We all heard how they were the second best football team in Louisiana and how they needed to get out of the CRAPBELT. Even your own conference mates hated you and made fun of your NAMESAGA. How the mighty have fallen. And the sad part is now that they are not even bowl elegible all they have to stay relevant on this board is Tech bashing and bowl attendance smack. Pathetic.
12-19-2015 03:45 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-19-2015 03:45 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  How soon some of y'all have forgotten the absolute arrogance of ULL fans just two short years ago when they were winning and were going to finally put La Tech in their place. We all heard how they were the second best football team in Louisiana and how they needed to get out of the CRAPBELT. Even your own conference mates hated you and made fun of your NAMESAGA. How the mighty have fallen. And the sad part is now that they are not even bowl elegible all they have to stay relevant on this board is Tech bashing and bowl attendance smack. Pathetic.

elegible? Tier 1 education at work again.

And preaching to the Cajuns about bowl-eligibility when you're playing in your first back-to-back bowl games in modern history. LOL. THAT's pathetic.

Today everyone in the SunBelt is an A-State fan and I can assure you there will be many Cajun fans who will make the drive to New Orleans to party and watch the game while supporting our conference mates.

Wonder how many non-Tech C-USA fans will do the same for the Pollies? I bet even you could count that high.
12-19-2015 06:57 AM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

(12-19-2015 06:57 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-19-2015 03:45 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  How soon some of y'all have forgotten the absolute arrogance of ULL fans just two short years ago when they were winning and were going to finally put La Tech in their place. We all heard how they were the second best football team in Louisiana and how they needed to get out of the CRAPBELT. Even your own conference mates hated you and made fun of your NAMESAGA. How the mighty have fallen. And the sad part is now that they are not even bowl elegible all they have to stay relevant on this board is Tech bashing and bowl attendance smack. Pathetic.

elegible? Tier 1 education at work again.

And preaching to the Cajuns about bowl-eligibility when you're playing in your first back-to-back bowl games in modern history. LOL. THAT's pathetic.

Today everyone in the SunBelt is an A-State fan and I can assure you there will be many Cajun fans who will make the drive to New Orleans to party and watch the game while supporting our conference mates.

Wonder how many non-Tech C-USA fans will do the same for the Pollies? I bet even you could count that high.

That bowl game stat is misleading though. There used to be fewer bowls and it was harder for G5 teams to get into a bowl until very recently. Today you can get to a bowl with a losing record.

A better way to look at success is to compare records/rank (since Tech came back to 1A in 1989):

#64 Louisiana Tech (153-150-3)
#90 ULL (127-173-1)
#105 ULM (89-155)
12-19-2015 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.