Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dell McGee named interim GS coach for bowl
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Dell McGee named interim GS coach for bowl
McGee is the running back coach and was named associate head coach about a month ago. That was first indication that something may be afoot.

Rumors now are that practically the whole staff will go with Fritz. Not clear how many will stay thru bowl game.

All this just makes it seem less likely we win bowl in my opinion
12-12-2015 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
RE: Dell McGee named interim GS coach for bowl
(12-12-2015 05:30 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  McGee is the running back coach and was named associate head coach about a month ago. That was first indication that something may be afoot.

Rumors now are that practically the whole staff will go with Fritz. Not clear how many will stay thru bowl game.

We can lend you our staff to help out. 03-drunk
12-12-2015 05:48 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I now understand how Ark St fans must have felt losing coach after coach
12-12-2015 05:53 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-12-2015 05:30 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  McGee is the running back coach and was named associate head coach about a month ago. That was first indication that something may be afoot.

Man I hope the team just sucks it up and wins the damned thing.

Look at what the Cajuns went through the year we beat Tulane in the NO Bowl. Second-to-last game against in-state rival ULM our starting qb goes down with broken throwing arm and has surgery the following week. We get pummeled by S. Alabama to end the season and yet 3 weeks after surgery he starts and leads the team for 3 solid quarters. In the end we rely on a back-up qb and win the game on a missed field goal by one of the most accurate field goal kickers in the nation.

There's hope. Don't give up before the game is even played. Bring home a win in your first-ever bowl game.04-cheers
12-12-2015 05:56 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(12-12-2015 05:53 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I now understand how Ark St fans must have felt losing coach after coach

First time was gloom and doom for the bowl game. But if you do that then you are just messing up your own chances. It got less and less gloomy each time.
12-12-2015 06:09 PM
DoubletapWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Red Wolves and SBC

Going up against BG without your HC and all/part of your Assistants is a huge challenge . . stAte has been there . . done that . . Good Luck to You Guys !!
12-12-2015 06:25 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-12-2015 06:25 PM)DoubletapWolf Wrote:  

Going up against BG without your HC and all/part of your Assistants is a huge challenge . . stAte has been there . . done that . . Good Luck to You Guys !!

BG has an interim coach as well.
12-12-2015 06:27 PM
Advertisement

hendoapp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: app state
I'm going to say this the whole coaching merry go round bs is really getting to me. I am rooting for you guys to get someone who wants to build a lasting deal with gs. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to app at least in foreseeable future but I know it probably will if we keep winning
12-12-2015 06:48 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(12-12-2015 06:48 PM)hendoapp Wrote:  I'm going to say this the whole coaching merry go round bs is really getting to me. I am rooting for you guys to get someone who wants to build a lasting deal with gs. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to app at least in foreseeable future but I know it probably will if we keep winning

Until you can pay 'em more to stay than they will pay them to go....they go.
12-12-2015 08:20 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(12-12-2015 08:20 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 06:48 PM)hendoapp Wrote:  I'm going to say this the whole coaching merry go round bs is really getting to me. I am rooting for you guys to get someone who wants to build a lasting deal with gs. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to app at least in foreseeable future but I know it probably will if we keep winning

Hired guns and most of the time the bad guys have more money....so see ya.
12-12-2015 08:53 PM
Advertisement

airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama

Welcome to "Big Boy Football" bowl season. This is a regular occurrence in FBS and it happens to a fair share of the P5's too.
12-12-2015 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indianE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
Re: RE: Dell McGee named interim GS coach for bowl
(12-12-2015 08:20 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

There's never enough money vs P5 programs. That being said, Tulane is not a P5 (or even a good G5) so you're right in that they need to up there pay to the point that a HC won't leave for another G5 program.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
12-12-2015 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

We were prepared to pay more than Ark St but it didn't t matter. At this point I m come to the opinion if Fritz wanted out I m glad he s gone
12-12-2015 09:58 PM
Advertisement

bullitt_60 Offline
All American

Thanks. In the time I've been watching Southern we've had 6, soon to be 7 coaches. App has had 2 in that time. I hope we can find someone that sees the potential to stick around. Here's to CSS being your next Jerry Moore.
12-12-2015 11:25 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
I'm going to share what Eagle22 posted on Friday:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.ph...n-fan-base

The moment you realize you're better off channeling your support to our student-athletes (both in person and via your financial support to the GSUAF) and focusing on their well-being, is the moment you'll find some peace with all of this constant coaching movement.

The student-athletes are the ones who are committing to our University, and they have far greater loyalty than most any coach you'll ever see put on our colors.

I've been a fan since Erk was our head coach. Every day that goes by, I miss those old days even more BUT they don't make them like that anymore, and if we're ever lucky enough to have that type of situation land in our lap it won't be because WE raised enough money or cheered hard enough. That happened once to this fanbase because of who HE was.

So instead of getting all in a kerfluffle over our coaching escapades, instead sit back and relax and put your energy into this team of kids who put on our uniform to represent our University. If you can't go to the bowl game, that's understandable. But next time you're on the road or see them on the field in Paulson ... think about this and remember to put it into context.
12-13-2015 07:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.