Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mizzou meeting with Temple coach Matt Rhule today
Mitch Rapp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: T U L A N E
Mizzou meeting with Temple coach Matt Rhule today
Quote:Missouri: The school is expected to meet with Temple head coach Matt Rhule today, according to Rivals.com.
11-29-2015 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pirates
RE: Mizzou meeting with Temple coach Matt Rhule today
I said this in the other thread and I meant it if Rhule meets with Missouri when he should be prepping for Houston if I were the AD I'd tell him don't come back we'll play the championship game with an interim coach.
11-29-2015 04:15 PM
CPR Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF
(11-29-2015 04:15 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  I said this in the other thread and I meant it if Rhule meets with Missouri when he should be prepping for Houston if I were the AD I'd tell him don't come back we'll play the championship game with an interim coach.

And that's why you're not an AD. It's a low blow, but this type of thing happens at a lot of schools every year. Until a rule change happens, it will continue to happen since head coaches are looking out for their future. If Rhule doesn't coach the game, Temple has no chance to win.
11-29-2015 04:19 PM
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
If he's doing a phone interview on the sidelines during practice that's one thing. If he's interviewing for a job, on his own time, that's his business and no one else's.
11-29-2015 04:22 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pirates
(11-29-2015 04:19 PM)CPR Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 04:15 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  I said this in the other thread and I meant it if Rhule meets with Missouri when he should be prepping for Houston if I were the AD I'd tell him don't come back we'll play the championship game with an interim coach.

And that's why you're not an AD. It's a low blow, but this type of thing happens at a lot of schools every year. Until a rule change happens, it will continue to happen since head coaches are looking out for their future. If Rhule doesn't coach the game, Temple has no chance to win.

That's debatable. If he's more focused on trying to get a different job than he is on the job he's currently doing they aren't gonna win. If there's a guy on the Temple staff that's a logical replacement for Rhule just name him the coach for the game and I bet he gives you a much more focused effort than someone looking for an out. I get the way the coaching game works I'm not naive, but if a coach doesn't have enough respect for the job he has to not interview right before the biggest game of the year then he shouldn't be allowed to coach that game.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 05:03 PM by pirates4lyfe.)
11-29-2015 05:01 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Surprised Mizzou can even consider a white boy for this job.
11-29-2015 05:58 PM
Advertisement

uhcoog27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH

UH fans feel your pain. Sumlin did the same, and we laid an egg with both a championship and a Sugar Bowl invite on the line. It's despicable.
11-29-2015 06:05 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis

Yep, that's the way it works. Coaches are always working an angle somewhere.

Folks on the Memphis board believe that Fuente had been talking to VaTech for the past month or so. Makes sense. The Memphis offer of $2.5-$3 million was made before the Ole Miss game and turned down, and the coaching change was announced at halftime during our game yesterday.
11-29-2015 06:06 PM
']['emple Owl Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ']['emple U
Rhule isn't going anywhere.
To quote Alfred E. Newman, "What? Me worry?"
11-29-2015 06:16 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
' Wrote:['emple Owl' pid='12722415' dateline='1448839015']

If that is the case then he shouldn't be interviewing today. This happened to us vs. Southern Miss with a Sugar Bowl on the line vs. Michigan.
11-29-2015 06:20 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(11-29-2015 06:06 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  

Folks on the Memphis board believe that Fuente had been talking to VaTech for the past month or so. Makes sense. The Memphis offer of $2.5-$3 million was made before the Ole Miss game and turned down, and the coaching change was announced at halftime during our game yesterday.

Did he get a chance to address the team first?
11-29-2015 06:21 PM
Advertisement

fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple

He's setting market value for himself if he wants to renegotiate with Temple. Have to have a number.

11-29-2015 07:35 PM
LlamaLG Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Coogs
I like Rhule but I would not go to Mizzou right now, that school has been taken over by #BlackLivesMatter
11-29-2015 07:36 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-29-2015 07:36 PM)LlamaLG Wrote:  I like Rhule but I would not go to Mizzou right now, that school has been taken over by #BlackLivesMatter

I've noticed the biggest trolls on these boards are always conservatives...that's not a coincidence. 07-coffee3
11-29-2015 07:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(11-29-2015 07:50 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 07:36 PM)LlamaLG Wrote:  I like Rhule but I would not go to Mizzou right now, that school has been taken over by #BlackLivesMatter

I've noticed the biggest trolls on these boards are always conservatives...that's not a coincidence. 07-coffee3

He's not lying lib.
11-29-2015 07:52 PM
Tulsafanzz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
(11-29-2015 07:35 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  

He's setting market value for himself if he wants to renegotiate with Temple. Have to have a number.

I hope you guys are right. I really like Rhule, great coach that seems to relate to the players & the school. He just seems to fit Temple. I hope you guys can keep him.
11-29-2015 07:58 PM
Advertisement

cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(11-29-2015 06:21 PM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 06:06 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  

Did he get a chance to address the team first?

I don't really know. Speculation is that he addressed them after the game. I can't believe the players didn't know beforehand though. Most posters here seemed to think it was a done deal a week ago if not earlier.
11-29-2015 08:05 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
As a black person, I believe black lives matter. Is there a problem with this?
11-29-2015 08:14 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(11-29-2015 05:58 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Surprised Mizzou can even consider a white boy for this job.
Lmao

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
11-29-2015 08:23 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(11-29-2015 08:14 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  
As a black person, I believe black lives matter. Is there a problem with this?
Their stupidity is the problem.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
11-29-2015 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.