Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UT Vs. BG game issues?
Bookmark and Share
crusher38 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC and Toledo
UT Vs. BG game issues?
did anyone here attend the game?

if so...did you have any problems getting to parking, manuvering to a spot, getting your tickets, getting in the gate etc?

i was at the game....poorest planning in terms of parking. it took 20 minutes to go from the stroh center to where the first main driveway was by mcdonalds.........the stands were virtually empty so long that UT was up 14-0 by the time it was half full.... i left my house in the toledo area at 4pm and was still late.

no one seemed to know where the will call ticket booth was for regular spectators and not for players....

not to mention my ticket wouldnt scan....so they're all looking at me like i was the problem. then some lady goes "empty your pockets"

congratulations, ms rent-a-cop! you caught me trying to smuggle my car keys into the stadium! i hope they allow those in! 01-wingedeagle

i went to leave at the start of the 4th because i had a bit of a drive ahead of me....and wouldn't you know someone had the parking lot blocked with some piece of crap 4 door ford. its like they just parked it and got out.....not at the end of the aisle. it was just, you're driving to the end to get out and 10 cars from the exit, it's just parked diagonal for everyone to see.

BG needs to step it up big time in the future when they're on NATIONAL TELEVISION.

side note, bg's band sounded pretty darn good.
11-25-2015 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: UT Vs. BG game issues?
I think a lot of Falcon fans agree with you. It's been an ongoing problem for years.
11-25-2015 06:19 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Their engineering school is working on it...
11-25-2015 06:26 AM
zima182 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-25-2015 06:26 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Their engineering school is working on it...

Ha! 03-lmfao
11-25-2015 07:06 AM
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(11-25-2015 12:35 AM)crusher38 Wrote:  did anyone here attend the game?

if so...did you have any problems getting to parking, manuvering to a spot, getting your tickets, getting in the gate etc?

i was at the game....poorest planning in terms of parking. it took 20 minutes to go from the stroh center to where the first main driveway was by mcdonalds.........the stands were virtually empty so long that UT was up 14-0 by the time it was half full.... i left my house in the toledo area at 4pm and was still late.

no one seemed to know where the will call ticket booth was for regular spectators and not for players....

not to mention my ticket wouldnt scan....so they're all looking at me like i was the problem. then some lady goes "empty your pockets"

congratulations, ms rent-a-cop! you caught me trying to smuggle my car keys into the stadium! i hope they allow those in! 01-wingedeagle

i went to leave at the start of the 4th because i had a bit of a drive ahead of me....and wouldn't you know someone had the parking lot blocked with some piece of crap 4 door ford. its like they just parked it and got out.....not at the end of the aisle. it was just, you're driving to the end to get out and 10 cars from the exit, it's just parked diagonal for everyone to see.

BG needs to step it up big time in the future when they're on NATIONAL TELEVISION.

side note, bg's band sounded pretty darn good.

They're not used to having crowd......
11-25-2015 08:21 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's always been one of my beefs with game day in BG. All that wide open parking with multiple entrance and exit points and they route everyone in one entrance while cars sit on I-75. Makes no sense
11-25-2015 08:22 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I live in Hillsdale . Had no problems. Left here about 3:30. Found a great place to park "free". Got in the cow pasture 18 minutes before the game started. Enjoyed the game from start to finish. Tell me how good would feel to be the guy that starts the game with an INT and finished the game the same way?
11-25-2015 08:37 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(11-25-2015 06:26 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Their engineering school is working on it...

Classic!!
11-25-2015 09:09 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Some years back someone posted that the best bet is to go in Route 25, then turn on Poo Road. That brings you in on the west side of the stadium. There are a lot of places to park, free, and pay. If you don't mind paying you can actually get in pretty close to the stadium in the grass area. I got there well in to the 1st qtr and there was a ton of open space in the grass area. I always go in that way now and never have a problem.

Oops, I meant Poe Road. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015 10:42 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
11-25-2015 10:40 AM
crusher38 Offline
Special Teams

(11-25-2015 10:40 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Some years back someone posted that the best bet is to go in Route 25, then turn on Poo Road. That brings you in on the west side of the stadium. There are a lot of places to park, free, and pay. If you don't mind paying you can actually get in pretty close to the stadium in the grass area. I got there well in to the 1st qtr and there was a ton of open space in the grass area. I always go in that way now and never have a problem.

Oops, I meant Poe Road. 03-wink

the problem is i parked on the grass LOL and it was still terrible.

it was lined up with the first drive way by the stadium by wooster street and there was a dumpster at the end to give u an idea of where it was.

when i saw that car just parked there, i had to back up in pitch blackness for about a quarter mile before i could find a spot to turn around and then take the long way out behind the ice arena past the shot and disc circles.

i dont know bg that well to take 25. and especially not with a brand new car. the last thing i need is a flat tire at night
11-25-2015 04:16 PM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The Wooster St/75S side always has been a problem, grass or otherwise. Rte. 25/Poe Rd is the diagonally opposite corner of the campus. There is less traffic back there because most people come in off the expressway.

From the Levis Commons area to the business area of Bowling Green is not that far, so the "rural" stretch is not a big deal. It is an improved road, so you're not going to get a flat along there any more than anywhere else. After using that route I would never go in the "front" way again. What a pita. The one thing I will say is that Poe Rd. is single lane, I believe, so immediately after the game it is backed up. But, I parked some distance away, so by the time I got to my car it was not a problem. People will let you in. Actually, even with Poe backed up, I think I've always gotten out quicker than sitting in a long line on the front side.
11-25-2015 08:24 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(11-25-2015 08:24 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  The Wooster St/75S side always has been a problem, grass or otherwise. Rte. 25/Poe Rd is the diagonally opposite corner of the campus. There is less traffic back there because most people come in off the expressway.

From the Levis Commons area to the business area of Bowling Green is not that far, so the "rural" stretch is not a big deal. It is an improved road, so you're not going to get a flat along there any more than anywhere else. After using that route I would never go in the "front" way again. What a pita. The one thing I will say is that Poe Rd. is single lane, I believe, so immediately after the game it is backed up. But, I parked some distance away, so by the time I got to my car it was not a problem. People will let you in. Actually, even with Poe backed up, I think I've always gotten out quicker than sitting in a long line on the front side.

They let you in because they were all UT fans. The BG fans were long gone.
11-25-2015 08:39 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Wait a second, we're talking about crowd issues at a BG football game? That is about as rare as a BG engineering graduate.
11-25-2015 09:43 PM
crusher38 Offline
Special Teams

(11-25-2015 09:43 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Wait a second, we're talking about crowd issues at a BG football game? That is about as rare as a BG engineering graduate.

never been to a game down there....figured i should go finally
11-26-2015 12:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.