Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio-NIU
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Ohio-NIU
Very little chance that the Bobcats can beat NIU at home. NIU is on a mission like they have been in the past, and that is WINNING the MAC championship again. They simply know when to get it done. This is not a knock on the Rockets. They have had the Rockets number, just like what UT has done against BGSU and others. UT must finish up strong at home, I believe convincingly over the Broncos. 10-1 sounds so much better then 9-2. GO ROCKETS
11-24-2015 05:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Ohio-NIU
Can't remember the last time OU's football team won a big game. Don't think it's happened in my lifetime.
11-24-2015 06:30 AM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Ohio-NIU
It was a 7 point game(14-21) last year with OU(6-6) and NIU(11-3).
11-24-2015 07:09 AM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I think NIU wins this one handily, good coach and good football team that wins, even when games are close.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 09:46 AM by Stpetebeachrocketfan.)
11-24-2015 09:45 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I'm ready for NIU to break my heart again
11-24-2015 10:27 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
NIU is the new Marshall in MAC football. They "Play for Championships" which means that they somehow always seem to able to win the games (the Toledo game, for example) that they need to in order to get to the championship games.

Unfortunately for whatever reason, be it MBB or WBB or FB, Toledo is able to field very strong talented teams on occasion and are often the media's pre-season pick to win it all yet somehow none of these teams in any of these sports ever seen to be able to get over that final hump and actually claim a championship**.

Karma has not been kind to the Rockets. It is as if they are eternally destined (more like "cursed") to always be a bridesmaid but never a bride.

** Note: in BB I am referring to winning the tournament championship, the REAL championship, which (unlike the regular season championship) also provides the opportunity to play national recognition in college basketball's premier tournament that also carries a generous financial reward.
11-24-2015 10:37 AM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(11-24-2015 10:37 AM)T-Town Wrote:  NIU is the new Marshall in MAC football. They "Play for Championships" which means that they somehow always seem to able to win the games (the Toledo game, for example) that they need to in order to get to the championship games.

Unfortunately for whatever reason, be it MBB or WBB or FB, Toledo is able to field very strong talented teams on occasion and are often the media's pre-season pick to win it all yet somehow none of these teams in any of these sports ever seen to be able to get over that final hump and actually claim a championship**.

Karma has not been kind to the Rockets. It is as if they are eternally destined (more like "cursed") to always be a bridesmaid but never a bride.

** Note: in BB I am referring to winning the tournament championship, the REAL championship, which (unlike the regular season championship) also provides the opportunity to play national recognition in college basketball's premier tournament that also carries a generous financial reward.

I've been curious for a few years now (at least) about what the UT Athletic Department's view is on sports psychology...do we have a sports psychologist who works with the athletes/teams? It just seems that our talent occasionally gets trumped in these "big games" with championship implications by other things, be it mental errors, lack of focus, confidence, ??? Of course, in football we do beat BG routinely now, and that's a big game, but still...sometimes the mental/emotional aspect is key to building that winning "culture".
11-24-2015 10:43 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(11-24-2015 10:43 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 10:37 AM)T-Town Wrote:  NIU is the new Marshall in MAC football. They "Play for Championships" which means that they somehow always seem to able to win the games (the Toledo game, for example) that they need to in order to get to the championship games.

I've been curious for a few years now (at least) about what the UT Athletic Department's view is on sports psychology...do we have a sports psychologist who works with the athletes/teams? It just seems that our talent occasionally gets trumped in these "big games" with championship implications by other things, be it mental errors, lack of focus, confidence, ??? Of course, in football we do beat BG routinely now, and that's a big game, but still...sometimes the mental/emotional aspect is key to building that winning "culture".
I've just been informed that UT has hired that guy that the New York Knights used when Roy Hobbs was still playing for them. You the one that kept telling them losing was an illness
11-24-2015 01:36 PM
UT! Offline
2nd String

OU wins by 3, we beat Wmu in OT. We beat BGSU by 2 and get the bid and play OSU. With Braxton at QB UT wins by 5. The Blade puts the story on the third page.
11-24-2015 02:47 PM
JCannon21 Offline
Special Teams

(11-24-2015 02:47 PM)UT! Wrote:  OU wins by 3, we beat Wmu in OT. We beat BGSU by 2 and get the bid and play OSU. With Braxton at QB UT wins by 5. The Blade puts the story on the third page.

Haha I love all of it except where you said the boat takes us to ot
11-24-2015 02:52 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(11-24-2015 01:36 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 10:43 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

I've just been informed that UT has hired that guy that the New York Knights used when Roy Hobbs was still playing for them. You the one that kept telling them losing was an illness

LOVE IT! 04-cheers
11-24-2015 03:13 PM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(11-24-2015 10:27 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  I'm ready for NIU to break my heart again

Yep. Year in, year out, they have a late season game where they barely pull out the win vs. an underdog.
11-24-2015 05:32 PM
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

My Prediction:

QTR 1: Both teams play well and a decent battle ensues. OU looks pretty good on offense, but NIU's D makes them settle for a couple FG's instead of TD's. Carey isn't feeling well and has go into the locker room and is apparently out for the rest of the game...shades of Joe Paterno that one year, but this time it is only the bad chilidog that he ate for lunch from a street vendor.

QTR 2: Ryan Graham gets injured and their "next man up" 3rd string QB comes in. NIU sticks to running and limps into halftime. The score remains close.

HALFTIME: the announcers report that Carey and both the O and D Coordinators are all suffering from food poisoning and won't be able to coach the rest of the night. A grad student that has learned the offense well will be taking the helm for the second half.

QTR 3: 3rd string QB comes out for NIU throwing and passing. He looks even better than Hare and Graham. Where has this guy been!!??. NIU goes up by 10 halfway through the QTR before Golladay takes a hard hit and is apparently sidelined for the game. Shortly after that, a couple plays later, Bouagnon sprains an ankle and appears to be done for the night. Looks like they will need to lean on Huff the rest of the way. OU looks like they might be able to finally slow NIU down. OU scores a TD and is right back in the game, down by 7 as the quarter ends.

QTR 4: Frosh WR comes in for Golladay and makes a lucky one handed grab after the ball bounces off 3 OU defensive backs. He runs about 45 yards to score and there are about 5 mis-tackles by OU. OU scores another TD and comes right back to still only trail by a TD. Huff is getting all the carries now for NIU, but suddenly goes down with a groin injury about half way through the quarter. The NIU Water boy comes in for Huff and NIU completes a 99 yard drive and takes almost 6 minutes off the clock. The kids is running wild and OU just can't seem to tackle him, even though his is running only about 8 MPH at full tilt. NIU up by 14 with two minutes left. NIU kicks off, but the OU return man fumbles the ball giving it back to NIU on the OU 40 yard line. Waterboy and the 3rd string QB can't be stopped. Each run two carries down to the OU 5 yard line. Waterboy runs between the OU Nose Tackle's legs for the final TD.

NIU wins 42-21.

[Disclaimer: wish injuries to nobody, this is satire and is simply meant to show how things typically goes whenever I watch an NIU game and I am rooting against them.]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 07:33 PM by ToledoMike.)
11-24-2015 07:22 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-24-2015 07:22 PM)ToledoMike Wrote:  My Prediction:

QTR 1: Both teams play well and a decent battle ensues. OU looks pretty good on offense, but NIU's D makes them settle for a couple FG's instead of TD's. Carey isn't feeling well and has go into the locker room and is apparently out for the rest of the game...shades of Joe Paterno that one year, but this time it is only the bad chilidog that he ate for lunch from a street vendor.

QTR 2: Ryan Graham gets injured and their "next man up" 3rd string QB comes in. NIU sticks to running and limps into halftime. The score remains close.

HALFTIME: the announcers report that Carey and both the O and D Coordinators are all suffering from food poisoning and won't be able to coach the rest of the night. A grad student that has learned the offense well will be taking the helm for the second half.

QTR 3: 3rd string QB comes out for NIU throwing and passing. He looks even better than Hare and Graham. Where has this guy been!!??. NIU goes up by 10 halfway through the QTR before Golladay takes a hard hit and is apparently sidelined for the game. Shortly after that, a couple plays later, Bouagnon sprains an ankle and appears to be done for the night. Looks like they will need to lean on Huff the rest of the way. OU looks like they might be able to finally slow NIU down. OU scores a TD and is right back in the game, down by 7 as the quarter ends.

QTR 4: Frosh WR comes in for Golladay and makes a lucky one handed grab after the ball bounces off 3 OU defensive backs. He runs about 45 yards to score and there are about 5 mis-tackles by OU. OU scores another TD and comes right back to still only trail by a TD. Huff is getting all the carries now for NIU, but suddenly goes down with a groin injury about half way through the quarter. The NIU Water boy comes in for Huff and NIU completes a 99 yard drive and takes almost 6 minutes off the clock. The kids is running wild and OU just can't seem to tackle him, even though his is running only about 8 MPH at full tilt. NIU up by 14 with two minutes left. NIU kicks off, but the OU return man fumbles the ball giving it back to NIU on the OU 40 yard line. Waterboy and the 3rd string QB can't be stopped. Each run two carries down to the OU 5 yard line. Waterboy runs between the OU Nose Tackle's legs for the final TD.

NIU wins 42-21.

[Disclaimer: wish injuries to nobody, this is satire and is simply meant to show how things typically goes whenever I watch an NIU game and I am rooting against them.]

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-24-2015 07:34 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
Ohio just took a 7-0 lead while going for it on 4-3 from the 32. Still early. Probably just raising our hopes before crushing them.
11-24-2015 07:58 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
So now the OU receiver makes a nice run but does not secure the ball, gets stripped and gives it up at the OU 22.
NIU scored. Well duhhhhhhhh...
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 08:10 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
11-24-2015 08:09 PM
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
typical
11-24-2015 08:15 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Ohio up by 3 after NIU fumbles a punt. But the OU QB got hurt on the series.
11-24-2015 08:31 PM
Henry Burlingame Offline
Special Teams

Halftime: BGSU 27; Ball State 0
rockytop Offline
1st String

10-7 Ohio. Can't wait for the 4thQ

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.