WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can Broncos go to a Bowl at 6 and 6?
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Can Broncos go to a Bowl at 6 and 6?
If the Broncos beat Toledo, highly unlikely but possible, they would be 7 and 5 and would probably go to a bowl.

However, it seems more likely that they may end the season 6 and 6. Would they still go to a bowl even if they are bowl eligible?

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.db...=210506997
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 08:59 PM by bostonbronco.)
11-22-2015 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ru4wmu Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WMU
RE: Can Broncos go to a Bowl at 6 and 6?
At 6-6 the Broncos are highly likely to go to a bowl game this year, because their may not be enough 6 win or better teams for the open spots.
11-22-2015 09:03 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Probably. Although I don't feel like our team has earned it this year.
11-22-2015 09:32 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
We will make it, guaranSheed. In fact there's an article I just came across on Yahoo about college football execs getting together on what to do with expected bowl VACANCIES.
11-22-2015 10:28 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(11-22-2015 09:32 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Probably. Although I don't feel like our team has earned it this year.

Win on Friday and earn it. UT looked great against BG, not so good against NIU. Depends on which team shows up. The UT vs NIU version, or the WMU vs BSU version.

If Fleck wants to show he's more than just a recruiter he can do it this week.
11-22-2015 11:25 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(11-22-2015 11:25 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(11-22-2015 09:32 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Probably. Although I don't feel like our team has earned it this year.

Win on Friday and earn it. UT looked great against BG, not so good against NIU. Depends on which team shows up. The UT vs NIU version, or the WMU vs BSU version.

If Fleck wants to show he's more than just a recruiter he can do it this week.

A win on Friday would certainly change things.
11-22-2015 11:37 PM
Advertisement

BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
While 6-6 isn't exactly bowl worthy imo, you have to take into account that we played 2 top 10 teams in MSU and OSU. We also played probably one of the best mid-majors in the country, Georgia Southern. I would prefer WMU to schedule one Big Ten major, 2 mid-majors who are equal or lower strength (or a low end major), and one winnable D-IAA. This scenario would protect the vast majority of our starters from injury and almost guarantee us a bowl game.
11-22-2015 11:37 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(11-22-2015 11:37 PM)BroncoMD Wrote:  While 6-6 isn't exactly bowl worthy imo, you have to take into account that we played 2 top 10 teams in MSU and OSU. We also played probably one of the best mid-majors in the country, Georgia Southern. I would prefer WMU to schedule one Big Ten major, 2 mid-majors who are equal or lower strength (or a low end major), and one winnable D-IAA. This scenario would protect the vast majority of our starters from injury and almost guarantee us a bowl game.

I agree that we played a tough schedule, but if we go 6-6, that means 3 conference losses. BG, NIU, Toledo. We will likely finish 4th in the MAC West.

That doesn't sound worthy of reward.
11-22-2015 11:45 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
There almost certainly will be a 5-7 team or two in "bowls" because of the glut.

Reinforces how meaningless they are. Just bad "made for (ESPN) TV" football.
11-23-2015 09:20 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
I love watching college football, and do really enjoy the bowl matchups. I especially like when a midmajor is playing a bsc conf team. I love rooting for underdogs, and the bowls always have some cool games. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

The mid majors start every single season at a distinctive disadvantage. Don't have the budgets that bsc schools do, don't get the media attention, and its way harder to recruit top athletes. Our nonconference schedules are always harder, because we have to play against bigger programs, and almost always on the road. I refuse to apologize for accepting any bowl invite. If we can get one, this year, with the schedule we had, and with the MAC as strong as it was at the top, then I will gladly take it without anything resembling shame.
11-23-2015 10:07 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

......now can one of you start doing the research and math to figure out who I need to start rooting for and against to insure that we get a spot in the bowl lineup?
11-23-2015 10:10 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Research and Math:

Beat Toledo and that will ensure we "get a spot in the bowl lineup."
11-23-2015 10:15 AM
Doo Offline
1st String

Outside of rooting for WMU to win, just root against anyone that is 5-6.
11-23-2015 12:52 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(11-22-2015 11:37 PM)BroncoMD Wrote:  While 6-6 isn't exactly bowl worthy imo, you have to take into account that we played 2 top 10 teams in MSU and OSU. We also played probably one of the best mid-majors in the country, Georgia Southern. I would prefer WMU to schedule one Big Ten major, 2 mid-majors who are equal or lower strength (or a low end major), and one winnable D-IAA. This scenario would protect the vast majority of our starters from injury and almost guarantee us a bowl game.

04-cheers THIS IS WHAT i HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT TOO. Might also get us one more home game every other year. The problem as always is the $$$$$. But it sure would be nice if it happened .
11-23-2015 03:51 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(11-23-2015 10:07 AM)brovol Wrote:  I love watching college football, and do really enjoy the bowl matchups. I especially like when a midmajor is playing a bsc conf team. I love rooting for underdogs, and the bowls always have some cool games. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

The mid majors start every single season at a distinctive disadvantage. Don't have the budgets that bsc schools do, don't get the media attention, and its way harder to recruit top athletes. Our nonconference schedules are always harder, because we have to play against bigger programs, and almost always on the road. I refuse to apologize for accepting any bowl invite. If we can get one, this year, with the schedule we had, and with the MAC as strong as it was at the top, then I will gladly take it without anything resembling shame.

04-bow Very well put. I have always felt the same way, but many of the posters here fail to see the logic of the argument. GO BRONCOS SEE YA AT THE BOWL GAME.
11-23-2015 03:53 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(11-23-2015 03:53 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  
(11-23-2015 10:07 AM)brovol Wrote:  I love watching college football, and do really enjoy the bowl matchups. I especially like when a midmajor is playing a bsc conf team. I love rooting for underdogs, and the bowls always have some cool games. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

04-bow Very well put. I have always felt the same way, but many of the posters here fail to see the logic of the argument. GO BRONCOS SEE YA AT THE BOWL GAME.

Right on! 02-13-banana
11-23-2015 03:56 PM
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2015 10:10 AM)brovol Wrote:  ......now can one of you start doing the research and math to figure out who I need to start rooting for and against to insure that we get a spot in the bowl lineup?

check out the thread i just posted.
11-23-2015 04:15 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Yes, playing in the Blue Spud Bowl last December helped us with our OOC games so much this year.
11-23-2015 04:17 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2015 04:15 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  
(11-23-2015 10:10 AM)brovol Wrote:  ......now can one of you start doing the research and math to figure out who I need to start rooting for and against to insure that we get a spot in the bowl lineup?

check out the thread i just posted.

Thanks bro.
11-23-2015 07:40 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Hawkins gets a T
11-23-2015 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.