WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bronco Up
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
Bronco Up
Pull it together Bronco Nation. I know it hurts, but rally behind your team. They actually played pretty well the other night overall. Stick with them.

Next Friday will most likely be very rough. From the way he was assisted off of the field, Ken Finley probably won't play or be effective Friday. One less D-Lineman is bad news going against Toledo.

If they don't feel temptation to throw the ball, they should be able to GSU us.

However, we shouldn't beat the team and coaching staff up so much after a couple of losses to winning programs. Despite what the media and rtletterman say, this is a LONG GAME. We have a coach who has never been a Head Anything! OJT was part of the deal. And we've seen him progress. We brought in an ENTIRELY different staff with ENTIRELY different schemes from the Cubit regime. Of course that first year was going to SUCK.

Keep the Bronco Faith. AND DON'T TEXT ME during the game, I'm going to watch it live on replay after work Friday.
11-21-2015 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Bronco Up
This isn't his first year any more, Tim. He's no longer a rookie.

He's had enough time to implement his program, recruit his players, and coach 'em up.

As Drew wrote last week, it's time to win a significant game, that is beat a good team.

This is a performance business. No excuses.
11-21-2015 10:49 AM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2015 10:49 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  This isn't his first year any more, Tim. He's no longer a rookie.

He's had enough time to implement his program, recruit his players, and coach 'em up.

As Drew wrote last week, it's time to win a significant game, that is beat a good team.

This is a performance business. No excuses.

I agree with you as far as ranking performance. You measure the results.

Where I sort of differ (maybe we don't), is you don't progress by looking at results. You progress by continuing your process. You work to get better regardless of the result, win or lose.

So, you can't say, we lost to a great program, man, we suck. Well you can say that but it is better to say, we need to continue to improve our depth. Get better players. Coach existing player better, train better, plan better. Coaches be ready with responses to adversity. What to do on the 2 yard line with the game on the line ( here I am puking). Why did we abandon the jet sweep? Are we really never going to use our tight end in the passing game? Can we find a quick pass with a 1 or 3 step drop? Can Franklin still catch the swing pass out of the backfield (wide open at NIU, never looked at him). Etc.

Lay the result to rest and go to work.

So yes, we lost to BGSU, we lost to NIU, that means our performance is not yet top flight in the MAC. But it does not mean we go out behind the barn and shoot ourselves.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 01:07 PM by Dirty Ernie.)
11-21-2015 01:01 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
I fear we've hit our celing again as an institution.
11-21-2015 01:04 PM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2015 01:04 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  I fear we've hit our celing again as an institution.

Not. You don't mean that.

Hey I met a couple players from Denver at South Point. We talked for a long time about the situations there. Interesting according to them. They had connections to warehousing and manufacturing space marketing, and complained grow factories are eating up the real estate.

Interesting how many people in Vegas are really into the MAC. A couple people said to me, never bet on WMU, they will always find a way to lose.

:banghead:Ha. They were right!
11-21-2015 01:15 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Online
Heisman

I've never heard of this "bronco up" Hiller. Don't you mean Row the Boat or Fight on?!
11-21-2015 01:18 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(11-21-2015 01:15 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  
(11-21-2015 01:04 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  I fear we've hit our celing again as an institution.

Hey I met a couple players from Denver at South Point. We talked for a long time about the situations there. Interesting according to them. They had connections to warehousing and manufacturing space marketing, and complained grow factories are eating up the real estate.

Interesting how many people in Vegas are really into the MAC. A couple people said to me, never bet on WMU, they will always find a way to lose.

04-chairshot i WAS TOLD BY A SPORTS BETER THAT THERE WAS A STRETCH OF ABOUT 10 OUT OF 12 GAMES IF YOU TOOK WMU AND THE POINTS YOU WOULD HAVE WON YOUR BET. DOESN'T REALLY SOUND LIKE A LOSING PROPOSITION IN MY WORLD. 84% IS PRETTY GOD IN THE BETTING WORLD.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 03:10 PM by MRBUTTONS.)
11-21-2015 03:05 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
(11-21-2015 03:05 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  

04-chairshot i WAS TOLD BY A SPORTS BETER THAT THERE WAS A STRETCH OF ABOUT 10 OUT OF 12 GAMES IF YOU TOOK WMU AND THE POINTS YOU WOULD HAVE WON YOUR BET. DOESN'T REALLY SOUND LIKE A LOSING PROPOSITION IN MY WORLD. 84% IS PRETTY GOD IN THE BETTING WORLD.

Gawd you're a jag off
11-21-2015 03:17 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America

The only reason for Maction is because the sports books need them to spike their midweek business.
11-21-2015 05:15 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(11-21-2015 03:05 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  

Betters don't lose money on games that WMU should win, they lose money on the heavy bet games where the spread is narrow, I.e. CMU NIU UT BG
11-21-2015 05:19 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Not everyone is at Walmart this Black Friday.

https://twitter.com/dkool23/status/670361312409591808
11-27-2015 10:03 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(11-27-2015 10:03 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Not everyone is at Walmart this Black Friday.

https://twitter.com/dkool23/status/670361312409591808

I didn't recognize DK without his UM gear on.
11-27-2015 10:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.