Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

John Brady
Bookmark and Share
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
John Brady
Said he is retiring at end of season. Oh and we beat....somebody.
11-16-2015 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
RE: John Brady
Good news for you guys.
11-16-2015 10:45 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Press Release

JONESBORO, Ark. (11/16/15) – Arkansas State Director of Athletics Terry Mohajir announced Monday night that John Brady has made the decision to resign his position as head men’s basketball coach at the conclusion of the 2015-16 season.

Brady, currently in his eighth year with the Red Wolves, will retain his full duties as head men’s basketball coach throughout the remainder of the season.

“John alerted me today of his intentions to resign at the end of the season, at which time we had a conversation regarding his decision,” said Mohajir. “I have a great deal of respect for John as a person and coach, and we appreciate his desire to finish the rest of the season as our head coach. We will support him, his coaching staff and our players as they pursue a Sun Belt Conference championship this season.

“Coach Brady has had a great coaching career, including guiding Arkansas State to two Sun Belt Conference West Division championships. We wish him only the best the rest of this season and beyond.”

This was the best way for the school to handle it. Get the announcement out of the way now, so we can have the entire season to look for his replacement, while also increasing the possibility that fans might pay more attention to the team this year knowing Brady is gone.
11-16-2015 10:54 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
I thought he quit coaching basketball a year or two ago.
11-17-2015 09:26 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(11-17-2015 09:26 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  I thought he quit coaching basketball a year or two ago.
Rimshot01-donnankungfuEpic Applause
11-17-2015 09:43 AM
DoubletapWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Red Wolves and SBC
From an article announcing his retirement . . . .

Brady was 111-110 at A-State 07-coffee3
11-17-2015 11:26 AM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Any ideas on who will replace him?
11-17-2015 11:46 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-17-2015 11:46 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Any ideas on who will replace him?
Probably a young up-and-coming offensive coordinator with a lot of energy who runs the spread offense and wants to be an SEC football coach within a year.
11-17-2015 11:50 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-17-2015 11:46 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Any ideas on who will replace him?

Mohajir doesn't have a consistent type of coach he hires, it could be anyone. The only guess we can reasonably infer is that it will likely not be someone with ties to Arkansas. It appears we prefer to hire assistant coaches with those ties.
11-17-2015 12:00 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

Whoever the new hire is, he'll inherit a team with more talent than all others in the Sunbelt, which should come in handy as he'll be facing Troy's top defense.

Signed,

Seminole Indian, a loyal fan of Troy
11-17-2015 01:31 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Lol
11-17-2015 01:38 PM
Advertisement

gostate1987 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-17-2015 09:26 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  I thought he quit coaching basketball a year or two ago.

He did.
11-17-2015 05:50 PM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte

That's actually pretty accurate statement.

And now with the rumor mill saying he has sold his house in Jonesboro and purchased a Condo in New Olreans, I figured that's why he's finally publicly announced his pseudo resignation/retirement" (I say that due to the fact on Twitter he proclaimed he's doing neither just "moving on")

Just by the past revelations that have come about pretty obvious he's been checked out for a while (Though i dunno why he insists on seeing the season out I would imagine our team will not play for him as it drags on as bad as it probably will be)
11-17-2015 05:56 PM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(11-17-2015 05:56 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  

And now with the rumor mill saying he has sold his house in Jonesboro and purchased a Condo in New Olreans, I figured that's why he's finally publicly announced his pseudo resignation/retirement" (I say that due to the fact on Twitter he proclaimed he's doing neither just "moving on")

Just by the past revelations that have come about pretty obvious he's been checked out for a while (Though i dunno why he insists on seeing the season out I would imagine our team will not play for him as it drags on as bad as it probably will be)

In addition to that, he will hurt your recruiting by staying. His replacement will have very little time to bring in his own players if he has to start recruiting in March. It leaves him only the late signing period to work with.
11-19-2015 10:37 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

Yup. In business, when an employee said they wanted to move on, they were always shown the door immediately. Sticking around even for a few weeks is never a good idea when someone has made it clear they want out.
11-19-2015 10:50 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-19-2015 10:37 AM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  

In addition to that, he will hurt your recruiting by staying. His replacement will have very little time to bring in his own players if he has to start recruiting in March. It leaves him only the late signing period to work with.

I think that is why we signed 4 guys in the early signing period. Brady knew he wanted to finish out the year, and didn't want to make it impossible for the next coach.
11-19-2015 11:37 AM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

It is what it is. Since our fans have pretty much zero expectations I'm not sure its a very big deal.
11-19-2015 12:25 PM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(11-19-2015 11:37 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I think that is why we signed 4 guys in the early signing period. Brady knew he wanted to finish out the year, and didn't want to make it impossible for the next coach.

You just gotta hope those guys fit into the new coach's system. If not, then it will sort of be a lost signing class.
11-19-2015 03:07 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
We're trying to recover from a couple of lost recruiting classes.
11-19-2015 03:52 PM
Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
Brady thought he could roll into Jonesboro 8 years ago, sign some juco talent, and run over the Sun Belt on the way to the NCAA tournament. He figured he would only be "passing trough" Jboro and would jump back to a more promient basketball school. The problem is that it's much harder to get to the tournament from the SBC then from a P5 conference. You have to win the tournament and he could never do that. Steve Shields beat Brady more times than he should have with less talent at UALR. I am glad he will be gone. Let's see how long he has enthusiam not that he is a dead man walking. Already let one get away last night that he should have won.
11-19-2015 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.