Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ruff is not to blame for QB issues/$till beat ACC
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Frankly, I think Ruff has done alright, considering what he's been dealt this year. ECU still continued their dominance of the ACC.

I don't think its wise even thinking about Hot Seat until he gets to work with next years QBs.

There is only one Pirate coach that needs to be fired. Lol
11-08-2015 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Re: RE: Ruff is not to blame for QB issues/$till beat ACC
(11-08-2015 01:12 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Frankly, I think Ruff has done alright, considering what he's been dealt this year. ECU still continued their dominance of the ACC.

I don't think its wise even thinking about Hot Seat until he gets to work with next years QBs.

By "dominance of the ACC" you mean they beat one team that's tied for 8th place in the ACC and probably won't be bowl eligible?

I sure hope ECU fans think like you and keep the heat off Ruff. I look forward to them sucking for years to come. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 01:20 PM by quo vadis.)
11-08-2015 01:16 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pirates
RE: Ruff is not to blame for QB issues/$till beat ACC
Ruff and company are certainly partially to blame for the QB issues, because they recruited every single one of these guys. They have to take some blame for 2 years ago when we had 2 late de-commits and the backup plan was Kemp after signing day who clearly isn't FBS caliber. His seat is getting warm, and with his deal ending after the 2017 season next year is going to be make or break he'll either have to do well enough to get extended or he'll be fired.
11-08-2015 01:17 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Nope. Don't try to reason with irrational posters. I am just thankful that they don't make the hiring and firing decisions for ECU.

Most of the fans keep focusing on the problems with the offense (which everyone should have expected to be bad when your team is on the 3rd and 4th team quarterbacks), but apparently very few fans have bothered to notice that ECU has been leading or tied late in most games this season; but have been done in by defensive and special teams lapses.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 01:44 PM by PirateMarv.)
11-08-2015 01:21 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

(11-08-2015 01:21 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Nope. Don't try to reason with irrational posters. I am just thankful that they don't make the hiring and firing decisions for ECU.

Most of the fans keep focusing on the problems with the offense (which everyone should have expected to be bad when your team is on the 3rd and 4th team quarterbacks), but apparently very few fans have bothered to notice that ECU has been leading or tied late in most games this season; but have been done in by defensive and special lapses.

ECU fans will make this decision ultimately with their wallets. Ruff only has 2 years left on his deal so he's gotta do something next year that warrants being extended, and right now there's a lot of ill will and pissed off people so just making a bowl next year probably isn't going to be good enough to make most people happy with an extension decision. It's gonna take showing some reason to believe there is a "next level" he can get to.
11-08-2015 01:26 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
ECU might be able to do better... But you can also do much worse.
11-08-2015 01:39 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(11-08-2015 01:16 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 01:12 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Frankly, I think Ruff has done alright, considering what he's been dealt this year. ECU still continued their dominance of the ACC.

By "dominance of the ACC" you mean they beat one team that's tied for 8th place in the ACC and probably won't be bowl eligible?

I sure hope ECU fans think like you and keep the heat off Ruff. I look forward to them sucking for years to come. 07-coffee3

For someone that talks endlessly about "brands," you're sure minimizing the impact of consistently beating the ACCs prominant "brand names" in their region.
11-08-2015 01:42 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
The outcome of the UCF game considering both teams this season will be very interesting watch if ECU loses....
11-08-2015 01:49 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
O'Leary and Ruff both had similar issues this season.
11-08-2015 02:42 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

(11-08-2015 01:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  The outcome of the UCF game considering both teams this season will be very interesting watch if ECU loses....

Losing to this UCF team could make things so toxic that he may get fired this year, but I still tend to think he gets one year to prove this was all the QB issues. His contract dictates he won't get 2 years either this gets fixed or he's gone.
11-08-2015 02:47 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

(11-08-2015 01:39 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  ECU might be able to do better... But you can also do much worse.

If you are winning 7-9 games a year that argument is fine. 4 to 5 like this year shifts that talk greatly. You can get a pass for that once, won't get 2 passes.
11-08-2015 02:50 PM
Advertisement

PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(11-08-2015 02:47 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 01:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  The outcome of the UCF game considering both teams this season will be very interesting watch if ECU loses....

Losing to this UCF team could make things so toxic that he may get fired this year, but I still tend to think he gets one year to prove this was all the QB issues. His contract dictates he won't get 2 years either this gets fixed or he's gone.

I'll like to agree with you but look at ole Billy Godwin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
11-08-2015 03:47 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(11-08-2015 01:16 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

Exactly. We've dominated them when they've been horrid. The past 2 years are the worst VT has been since they joined the ACC. Probably the worst since they joined the Big East.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
11-08-2015 03:50 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(11-08-2015 01:21 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Nope. Don't try to reason with irrational posters. I am just thankful that they don't make the hiring and firing decisions for ECU.

Most of the fans keep focusing on the problems with the offense (which everyone should have expected to be bad when your team is on the 3rd and 4th team quarterbacks), but apparently very few fans have bothered to notice that ECU has been leading or tied late in most games this season; but have been done in by defensive and special teams lapses.
What a dummy. Look at time of possession. You can only expect so much of any D.

11-08-2015 03:57 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2015 03:57 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

Dummy just watch the defense next game. ECU is a quick strike offense. Remember? They score fast so the other teams always get the ball back even when Dominique Davis and Shane Carden were there.

The offenses problem this year is that they don't have the firepower that they usually have, but that is to be expected when you are down to your 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks. However, the defensive secondary still stinks. Exactly how good on offense do you and most ECU fans think UConn and USF are? Let me help you out. They suck on offense, but ECU made them look decent. Ruff's problem is that he hired a defensive coordinator that was out of work. Smith was out of work for a reason and Ruff let him stay on even through the Marshall debacle and the crap that happened at Cincinnati and against UCF. Smith also didn't have his unit ready to play Navy. That is the problem. You never hire a guy that Skip isn't taking with him to his next post.

Fwiw, UConn only score 7 points against Tulane yesterday. UConn scored 31 on ECU.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 04:11 PM by PirateMarv.)
11-08-2015 04:04 PM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Re: RE: Ruff is not to blame for QB issues/$till beat ACC
(11-08-2015 04:04 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

Dummy just watch the defense next game. ECU is a quick strike offense. Remember? They score fast so the other teams always get the ball back even when Dominique Davis and Shane Carden were there.

The offenses problem this year is that they don't have the firepower that they usually have, but that is to be expected when you are down to your 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks.

So what explains ECU going 2-4 down the stretch last year?

ECU has gone 6-11 over your last 17 games. That's not a two-month problem.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 04:10 PM by quo vadis.)
11-08-2015 04:09 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2015 04:09 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 04:04 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

The offenses problem this year is that they don't have the firepower that they usually have, but that is to be expected when you are down to your 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks.

So what explains ECU going 2-4 down the stretch last year?

ECU has gone 6-11 over your last 17 games. That's not a two-month problem.

No that just explains why you are a Richard Head in every thread.
11-08-2015 04:12 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF

ECU will beat UCF. If you lose to us.. I will be shocked. Ruff deserves more time. ECU just needs a decent QB
11-08-2015 05:02 PM
Stardust Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU, AAC
(11-08-2015 05:02 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

ECU will beat UCF. If you lose to us.. I will be shocked. Ruff deserves more time. ECU just needs a decent QB

Choosing to believe this is limited to a QB issue is oversimplifying a much broader problem.
11-08-2015 05:11 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(11-08-2015 05:11 PM)Stardust Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 05:02 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

Choosing to believe this is limited to a QB issue is oversimplifying a much broader problem.

Better QB. better time management. A little more talent at WR and this ECU team wins at least 8 games this season... jmo
11-08-2015 05:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.