Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Roll Call for tomorrow's exhibition
Bookmark and Share
Proff Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW
OK. Lets hear who is going to forego the NFL for Hawk's basketball tomorrow afternoon.
11-07-2015 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tke75hawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: uncw
RE: Roll Call for tomorrow's exhibition
I will be at the Packers vs panthers. Go pack go
11-07-2015 08:50 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

I'll be there. Go SEAHAWKS!!!!
11-07-2015 09:28 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

Ill be there
11-08-2015 08:15 AM
Money Offline
Bench Warmer

Wouldn't miss it!
11-08-2015 08:15 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Matthews is going to put up points as he progresses during his career. I like the way he plays. He passes the early eye test.
11-08-2015 06:14 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Of note: CJ Gettys played zero minutes.

Early thoughts there?
11-08-2015 06:16 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

Yes, Mathews looked good out there...almost a triple double. Grundy looked good in his minutes as did CJ Bryce. All 3 of the freshmen looked good. Too bad Cacok is a little banged up because it would have been good to see him out there. Flemmings looked really good out there. I didn't see the xfer from Charlotte, Ingram. Really good young talent out there.
11-08-2015 06:34 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2015 06:16 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  Of note: CJ Gettys played zero minutes.

Early thoughts there?

I'm only surprised at that fact because it was an exhibition game, and one in which we were missing freshman big man Devontae Cacok. It's a signal that there are only so many minutes to go around, and Gettys' spot is deep on the bench behind our many newcomers.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 07:10 PM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
11-08-2015 07:09 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

Has Gettys got his body fat down to 14 and a half? Can't play until he does. Or gets his weight down to 265.
11-08-2015 07:20 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Not surprised about Gettys. With so many freshmen and transfers, Keatts knows what he has in Gettys. Also, facing an undersized team with 4 guards, there was really no advantage to having him on the court. We'll face some big teams, and Getty's will have more PT.

If you look what we lost in our Seniors last year, you have to believe we've made up for it with our gains. Every newcomer contributed and looked ready to play.
11-08-2015 08:35 PM
Advertisement

Osprey#1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-08-2015 06:34 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Yes, Mathews looked good out there...almost a triple double. Grundy looked good in his minutes as did CJ Bryce. All 3 of the freshmen looked good. Too bad Cacok is a little banged up because it would have been good to see him out there. Flemmings looked really good out there. I didn't see the xfer from Charlotte, Ingram. Really good young talent out there.

Anyone know what's up with Ingram?
11-08-2015 08:40 PM
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2015 08:35 PM)82hawk Wrote:  If you look what we lost in our Seniors last year, you have to believe we've made up for it with our gains. Every newcomer contributed and looked ready to play.

Absolutely. Being picked to finish in the lower half of the league was a joke. It'll take time for this new crew to gel, but by the time CAA play gets going we're going to be a contender. We have a lot more depth than we had last year, and our newcomers (particularly Marcus Bryan and Trey Grundy) look bigger and longer than I expected they would.
11-08-2015 08:48 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Roll Call for tomorrow's exhibition
(11-08-2015 08:40 PM)Osprey#1 Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 06:34 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Yes, Mathews looked good out there...almost a triple double. Grundy looked good in his minutes as did CJ Bryce. All 3 of the freshmen looked good. Too bad Cacok is a little banged up because it would have been good to see him out there. Flemmings looked really good out there. I didn't see the xfer from Charlotte, Ingram. Really good young talent out there.

Anyone know what's up with Ingram?

Coach said that it was "coach's decision" that Ingram & Gettys did not play. He said they would be available for Friday's game. Who knows what that means.
11-08-2015 08:54 PM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: NA
If you are healthy and don't play in an exhibition game that says it all. Coach has no plan to play you much -if ever.
Gettys might have made a mistake staying on after Peterson was fired. He could play a lot of basketball in a different system if he could/would get in shape.
11-08-2015 11:15 PM
herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
(11-08-2015 11:15 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  If you are healthy and don't play in an exhibition game that says it all. Coach has no plan to play you much -if ever.
Gettys might have made a mistake staying on after Peterson was fired. He could play a lot of basketball in a different system if he could/would get in shape.
I agree, I don't see any role for Gettys on this team, we have several players who can do more around the basket than Gettys. Perhaps he stays because he enjoys UNCW as a student,he certainly could have a role in a lower division program, but I don't see playing time happening here.
11-09-2015 03:03 PM
Advertisement

SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

Didn't discuss Gettys with coach, but he made it plain that Ingram not playing against Barton was just his decision. But Ingram is going to be huge. He's that good.
11-09-2015 03:57 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

Ogbodo looked very confident under the basket, especially on defense. Flemmings is so athletic. We've had athletic players in the past that never knew how to use their athleticism. But Flemmings does. Matthews is smart and can dish the ball. He also shoots threes like they're layups. Both are only going to get better. Bryce has a good kind of swagger that makes his play even better.
11-09-2015 04:04 PM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: NA
(11-09-2015 03:57 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  Didn't discuss Gettys with coach, but he made it plain that Ingram not playing against Barton was just his decision. But Ingram is going to be huge. He's that good.

Have to wonder why he did not play in a scrimmage if he has a role this season. I stopped by a practice and checked the team out while they were shooting and they look very mature for a team with 4 freshmen. Some of the guys look like they are 30 years old! Not sure of the average age but man they look old.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 09:21 AM by jumpinmullet.)
11-10-2015 09:16 AM
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2015 09:16 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Have to wonder why he did not play in a scrimmage if he has a role this season. I stopped by a practice and checked the team out while they were shooting and they look very mature for a team with 4 freshmen. Some of the guys look like they are 30 years old! Not sure of the average age but man they look old.

It's all about the beard for Trey Grundy. Clean shaven he looked very much like a High Schooler when we signed him out of Hargrave. Now he's got that Pennsylvania-Dutch type beard and he looks like a non-caveman version of Andrew Luck.

Matthews has also filled out his frame quickly. It's not often you get a 6-7 18 year old who looks muscular rather than gangly, but he does. Same is true for Grundy.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 09:33 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
11-10-2015 09:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.