Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Separation From G4 - A Visual
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
The below graph is a compilation of the NPI conference ratings from this morning in a bar graph form. This shows how the AAC has separated itself from the other G4 conferences, and is much closer to a P5 status than a G5 status.

.png  FBS Graph.png (Size: 19.17 KB / Downloads: 785)
10-03-2015 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: AAC Separation From G4 - A Visual
Outstanding visual. It really demonstrates seperation and how good the current year has gone so far.
10-03-2015 09:39 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Sorry if you have to squint your eyes to find the MWC. 03-lmfao
10-03-2015 09:40 AM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(10-03-2015 09:40 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Sorry if you have to squint your eyes to find the MWC. 03-lmfao

Bwahaha
10-03-2015 09:40 AM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Yep no doubt about it; the AAC is the tweener league that Aresco has always stated that it was. The AAC is as close to the #3 P5 (PAC 12) as the number 2 G5 (MAC) is to the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 09:44 AM by PirateMarv.)
10-03-2015 09:44 AM
B easy Offline
1st String

Very nice!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7362]
10-03-2015 09:53 AM
Advertisement

baruna falls Offline
All American

But,but, Conf USA was the better league last year and their programs have way more potential than ours. Our schools have hit their peak don't you know.

We are separating ourselves now because most of our programs have a history of winning and have been willing to spend money on athletics when necessary.

Once our Florida schools right the ship we are going to separate ourselves even further.

Wonder if MWC is kicking themselves for giving Boise the sweet heart deal that they did. That league is falling behind at a fast an alarming clip.
10-03-2015 10:05 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-03-2015 10:05 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  But,but, Conf USA was the better league last year and their programs have way more potential than ours. Our schools have hit their peak don't you know.

We are separating ourselves now because most of our programs have a history of winning and have been willing to spend money on athletics when necessary.

Once our Florida schools right the ship we are going to separate ourselves even further.

Wonder if MWC is kicking themselves for giving Boise the sweet heart deal that they did. That league is falling behind at a fast an alarming clip.

Assuming UCF and USF return to the norm and schools like Memphis maintain momentum, then the separation between the ACC and the AAC will be slim to none.
10-03-2015 10:19 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(10-03-2015 10:19 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:05 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  But,but, Conf USA was the better league last year and their programs have way more potential than ours. Our schools have hit their peak don't you know.

Assuming UCF and USF return to the norm and schools like Memphis maintain momentum, then the separation between the ACC and the AAC will be slim to none.

Maybe in power rankings. But as long as the ACC has a flagship program like FSU and we have a bunch of directional schools the perception gap will remain Grand Canyon sized.
10-03-2015 10:26 AM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2015 10:26 AM)MickMack Wrote:  

Maybe in power rankings. But as long as the ACC has a flagship program like FSU and we have a bunch of directional schools the perception gap will remain Grand Canyon sized.

But perception dies when teams keep improving. Ohio State and the Big Ten were perceived as the weakest P5 last year. Ohio State won the national title and the B10 being weak is not the perception anymore.
10-03-2015 10:29 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

(10-03-2015 10:29 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

But perception dies when teams keep improving. Ohio State and the Big Ten were perceived as the weakest P5 last year. Ohio State won the national title and the B10 being weak is not the perception anymore.

Hate to burst your bubble of optimism but the Big East stood blow for blow with the other P5 conferences but was always viewed as a lesser product after the U left. General parity and lack of a flagship program killed us in perception even though the wins were there.
10-03-2015 10:34 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

During the Cinci / Miami game, the announcers were not only talking about the top G5 teams for the access bowl, they were talking about Memphis' shot at the playoffs if they go undefeated. Let that sink in for a moment. Something that's supposed to be inconceivable is at least conceivable at this point.

Perception gets changed when the AAC plays and win some big games on ESPN. The last two weeks, that has happened.

Both of the announcers picked undefeated Miami to beat Cinci , and proceeded to watch Miami get drilled by Cinci. Thats how you change perception.
10-03-2015 10:36 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

I have noticed over the course of my years that over a period of time reality (like power rankings) tends to trump perception. There is resistance to changing perception to fit reality, but when it occurs it takes place at a fast pace.

The key, IMO, is consistent positive metrics for around three years.
10-03-2015 10:42 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I am confused, that Quo fellow told us that the AAC was "just another G5 conference". Looks like power ratings and TV exposure tell a different story.
10-03-2015 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(10-03-2015 04:21 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  I am confused, that Quo fellow told us that the AAC was "just another G5 conference". Looks like power ratings and TV exposure tell a different story.

Quo's having a tough year. His team USF has been down. I think he's kind of giving up on college football....cheers!
10-03-2015 04:25 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

The mwc is about to go 0-3in ooc today. Their 2nd best team is getting killed by navy. They are also losing badly to a sunbelt team, and San Jose st is making auburn look halfway decent.
10-03-2015 04:36 PM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

(10-03-2015 04:36 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The mwc is about to go 0-3in ooc today. Their 2nd best team is getting killed by navy. They are also losing badly to a sunbelt team, and San Jose st is making auburn look halfway decent.

This conference sucked last year and the MWC looked pretty good. I think we're getting a little "Mission Accomplished" here.
10-03-2015 04:39 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(10-03-2015 04:39 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 04:36 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The mwc is about to go 0-3in ooc today. Their 2nd best team is getting killed by navy. They are also losing badly to a sunbelt team, and San Jose st is making auburn look halfway decent.

This conference sucked last year and the MWC looked pretty good. I think we're getting a little "Mission Accomplished" here.

I was never concerned. Over time bigger budgets, better facilities, and better recruiting grounds win out. The MW loses on most all of those criteria. Boise is an anomaly. We may end up with a hf dozen Boise level programs in the AAC before its all said and done.
10-03-2015 04:45 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

(10-03-2015 04:45 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 04:39 PM)MickMack Wrote:  

I was never concerned. Over time bigger budgets, better facilities, and better recruiting grounds win out. The MW loses on most all of those criteria. Boise is an anomaly. We may end up with a hf dozen Boise level programs in the AAC before its all said and done.

Boise is a big anomaly. I tend to agree that on the whole we are higher quality and have more potential.
10-03-2015 04:49 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2015 10:34 AM)MickMack Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:29 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

Hate to burst your bubble of optimism but the Big East stood blow for blow with the other P5 conferences but was always viewed as a lesser product after the U left. General parity and lack of a flagship program killed us in perception even though the wins were there.

Pitt did a lot of damage to your image too by beating WVU that year that you all were heading to National Title game.
10-03-2015 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.