Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Places to eat in Troy, AL
Bookmark and Share
kevinwmsn Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
I'm heading back to Troy, AL for the USA-Troy game in a few weeks. I will have a about 11 others with me. Two years, ago it was a hot afternoon game and the restaurants weren't open yet. This year, it is a night game :) Any recommendations on good places to eat, would prefer near the Stadium, but if it's good I'm still game.
09-23-2015 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

RE: Places to eat in Troy, AL
(09-23-2015 09:31 PM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  I'm heading back to Troy, AL for the USA-Troy game in a few weeks. I will have a about 11 others with me. Two years, ago it was a hot afternoon game and the restaurants weren't open yet. This year, it is a night game :) Any recommendations on good places to eat, would prefer near the Stadium, but if it's good I'm still game.

i found this link that contains every restaurant in Troy: http://www.troyal.gov/visiting/places-to-eat
09-23-2015 10:27 PM
Check Yosef Online
1st String

I Root For: App State
I first read the preview for this thread and thought you had said you had 11 dollars to spend
09-24-2015 12:38 AM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
They have a cafeteria in the Super WalMart. You can dine and be entertained at the same time.
09-24-2015 06:08 AM
Bigtom12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISIANA
How good is Hook's BBQ, looks the most promising
09-24-2015 06:15 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
Never been there but Mr. Ho’s Chinese Restaurant
might be very good if it is the same Mr Ho that posts on the Troy messageboard.04-cheers

If it is the same fella he be one crazy chinaman.02-13-banana
09-24-2015 06:31 AM
Advertisement

Trojan Possum Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TROY
Sweet Rack Rib Shack on the Square -BBQ

Half Shell Oyster Bar- Seafood

Sisters- Sunday Brunch

Don't forget the legendary Crowe's Chicken.

Whup South!
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 07:06 AM by Trojan Possum.)
09-24-2015 07:05 AM
eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

I have been to Troy a few times. Actually the first time was on a visit for recruiting. I won my first state wrestling championship in the 9th grade beating a senior who went on to Troy to play football. Big boy. On my visit I ran into him, he was then a senior at Troy. He had told everyone at Troy that he had won the state wrestling championship as a senior in high school. When the coaches introduced him to me he had this look on his face like an Oh Sh!t look, and the coaches said that he had won the State championship in wrestling in high school too. I said Oh Really he did did he? I didnt ruin his lie but his face was so red. Not that it has anything to do with eating, just thought i would tell that story because we were talking Troy. Thought is was funny at the time.

Now to the eating............BBQ, BBQ, BBQ. Seems they have one around every corner and one in particular, cant remember the name is really good. Country's is pretty good too if still there. We go through Troy on our way to Destin Fla allot and the kids like to stop at the KFC they have there. Its one of those that has the buffet, and its gooood. Other than that I really dont know many places to eat in Troy.
09-24-2015 09:02 AM
TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy
(09-23-2015 10:27 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 09:31 PM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  I'm heading back to Troy, AL for the USA-Troy game in a few weeks. I will have a about 11 others with me. Two years, ago it was a hot afternoon game and the restaurants weren't open yet. This year, it is a night game :) Any recommendations on good places to eat, would prefer near the Stadium, but if it's good I'm still game.

i found this link that contains every restaurant in Troy: http://www.troyal.gov/visiting/places-to-eat

That list is outdated. Hooks bbq, Santa Fe, Half Shell, Sisters, or any place downtown is good. Sweet Rack Rib Shack is a fairly new established restaurant on the square in the downtown area which is good.
09-24-2015 09:18 AM
TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

(09-24-2015 09:02 AM)eagle9098 Wrote:  I have been to Troy a few times. Actually the first time was on a visit for recruiting. I won my first state wrestling championship in the 9th grade beating a senior who went on to Troy to play football. Big boy. On my visit I ran into him, he was then a senior at Troy. He had told everyone at Troy that he had won the state wrestling championship as a senior in high school. When the coaches introduced him to me he had this look on his face like an Oh Sh!t look, and the coaches said that he had won the State championship in wrestling in high school too. I said Oh Really he did did he? I didnt ruin his lie but his face was so red. Not that it has anything to do with eating, just thought i would tell that story because we were talking Troy. Thought is was funny at the time.

Now to the eating............BBQ, BBQ, BBQ. Seems they have one around every corner and one in particular, cant remember the name is really good. Country's is pretty good too if still there. We go through Troy on our way to Destin Fla allot and the kids like to stop at the KFC they have there. Its one of those that has the buffet, and its gooood. Other than that I really dont know many places to eat in Troy.

Country's closed...unfortunately. Man I loved that place.
09-24-2015 09:20 AM
eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

(09-24-2015 09:20 AM)TroyMan88 Wrote:  
(09-24-2015 09:02 AM)eagle9098 Wrote:  I have been to Troy a few times. Actually the first time was on a visit for recruiting. I won my first state wrestling championship in the 9th grade beating a senior who went on to Troy to play football. Big boy. On my visit I ran into him, he was then a senior at Troy. He had told everyone at Troy that he had won the state wrestling championship as a senior in high school. When the coaches introduced him to me he had this look on his face like an Oh Sh!t look, and the coaches said that he had won the State championship in wrestling in high school too. I said Oh Really he did did he? I didnt ruin his lie but his face was so red. Not that it has anything to do with eating, just thought i would tell that story because we were talking Troy. Thought is was funny at the time.

Country's closed...unfortunately. Man I loved that place.

To bad! Have one in Columbus Ga where I live and love it. They have the best french fries ever to me. Everything else is good too. Hate that. We have been going through Phenix City to Destin these days so I hadnt been through Troy in a while. We used to stop there some. Wonder why it closed?
09-24-2015 09:26 AM
Advertisement

RedWolf47 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State
During baseball season I went to a place called the Trojan Zone. I think that was the name anyways. Sports bar atmosphere. Really good burgers.
09-24-2015 09:38 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-23-2015 10:27 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

Geez, if you can't find a place to eat on that list, you're just not hungry.
09-24-2015 09:39 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Sweet Rack Rib Shack

The Half Shell for Seafood

Crowe's chicken

Sisters is a MUST eat if you stay the night Saturday. They are only open 1030am- 2pm on Sunday's good ole fashioned southern foods

Then we have the usual chains... Ruby Tuesday, Santa Fe ,
09-24-2015 10:19 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

Hooks for the BBQ

Sweet Rack if you're wanting ribs.

Sips for some pizza and calzones. Very good very selection as well.

Flo's has burgers and stuff of that nature. Family owned also.

Trojan Zone wings and sports bar atmosphere.

Milky Moos for salads, soups, sandwiches and ice cream.

Personally I try to avoid chains when traveling.

I'm not a Troy fan because of wins and losses.
09-24-2015 11:51 AM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

Exactly how many corners are there in Troy?
09-24-2015 04:55 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

There's several gems in Troy to eat.

But I normally hit hooks BBQ atleast once while I'm down there.
09-24-2015 05:43 PM
Beltfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: best of SBC
Momma Belle's Boarding House across Madison Street from Pinkard's Gas Station has the best collards and cornbread in town. Or at least they used to. Are they closed down too?
09-24-2015 06:19 PM
kevinwmsn Offline
1st String

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I was trying to avoid the chain fast food.
09-25-2015 06:36 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Skully will get his fill for BBQ this next weekend. And sisters03-drunk

Better make sure you hit the gym hard this week.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 06:50 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
09-25-2015 06:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.