WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Defense
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
Defense
I know we're all caught up with the health of Franklin and Davis, and the dropped balls, and the questionable play calling...

But through three games, our defense has 1 sack, 1 INT, and 1 Fumble recovery.

That is PATHETIC.

Even if we get the offense on track, this defense is just awful right now. No pressure on the QB, not forcing turnovers.

Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 11:11 AM by broncofan1.)
09-22-2015 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
RE: Defense
Yeah, we need some special things to start happening. Yes, the kind of pick 6 that Phillips had Saturday, but ALSO the kind where Asantay Brown knifes in front of the receiver full speed, snagging the rock.
09-22-2015 11:14 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

attack!
09-22-2015 11:15 AM
DrDavis Offline
2nd String

If you thought the D was bad against GSU then just wait until Saturday. OSU will show no mercy after the close call with NIU.

OSU will run it down our throats.

How fast can we say "check please" and bolt for the bus.
09-22-2015 11:59 AM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
NIU's D wasn't any better, nor was their O better. And in the end it was garbage time that Murray got more than 6pts against us -- NIU was challenged for a full half:

NIU vs Murray:
TOP: Murray 33:06, NIU 26:33
MURR PASS: 31/49, 281 yds, 2TD, 3INT
MURR RUSH: 92 yds, 2.6 yds/carry

NIU PASS: 31/41, 389 yds, 4TD, 0INT
NIU RUSH: 254 yds, 5.9 yds/carry

WMU vs Murray:
TOP: Murray: 25:54, WMU 34:06
MURR PASS: 25/41, 304 yds, 1TD, 1INT
MURR RUSH: 63 yds, 3.0 yds/carry

WMU PASS: 28/33, 391 yds, 4TD, 0INT
WMU RUSH: 237 yds, 5.6 yds/carry
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 02:46 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-22-2015 12:13 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-22-2015 11:10 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  I know we're all caught up with the health of Franklin and Davis, and the dropped balls, and the questionable play calling...

But through three games, our defense has 1 sack, 1 INT, and 1 Fumble recovery.

That is PATHETIC.

Even if we get the offense on track, this defense is just awful right now. No pressure on the QB, not forcing turnovers.

Thoughts?

Lack of sacks is one thing... lack of turn over's is another... We have been quite close to snagging a few more int's... I think with Phillips back there we will see that trend start to rise...

Lack of sacks is also likely more to do with keeping the offense in front of you... Like I alluded to in a previous post on another thread, I like that or DL front is not over-pursuing this year like they have before... They seem to be clogging up the line better ... we also don't seem to be bringing much heat this year... The sacks stat is also a little mis-leading... During the Murray State game there were quite a few QB hurries that flushed him out of the pocket for little to no gain... not a sack, but I will take the result.

I would say the defense was AWFUL for the GSU game... but they held their own for much of the Mich St game, and actually looked much better against Murray State... They held them to 6 points before shuffling in the backups.
09-22-2015 01:50 PM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

OSU has been a turnover machine, so hope the QB controversy continues there through next week and Saturday's score is somewhat respectable because of it.
09-22-2015 01:54 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-22-2015 01:54 PM)tayles mullet Wrote:  OSU has been a turnover machine, so hope the QB controversy continues there through next week and Saturday's score is somewhat respectable because of it.

I just don't want this game to be the coming out party for the OSU offense... and be referred to for the next week as the poor team that was unfortunate enough to run into them at the wrong time...

Headlines on ESPN like ..."OSU back to being #1 or was the competition not suitable for comparison?"... Could do without all of the back handing from the idiots over there... Not to mention the plethora of likely replays of footage we here would likely not want to see... Notice how they don't even talk about NIU ...
09-22-2015 02:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.