WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

scary stat
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
scary stat
Ohio States defense against the pass is top 4 in the nation. Held Northern to 80 yards total with two interceptions.
09-21-2015 04:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: scary stat
Quote:Ohio States defense against the pass is top 4 in the nation. Held Northern to 80 yards total with two interceptions.

Wellll.... (cracking knuckles).... it's early in the season. Don't count those chickens before they hatch. We got P and J, with B for Broncos in the middle! :)

To be fair, Hare for NIU can be sputtered (as seen via UNLV & Murray State). It was more surprising he didn't get more going in the 2nd half -- at least for field-position, or off turnovers, etc.

I think if we bring our passing game the same way we did in the 2nd half against MSU, even with MSU melting our O-line coming at Terrell, we'll be more effective, notably with Franklin seemingly ready to rumble.

I Don't expect us to be incredibly effective overall on offense, no. OSU does have a phenominal D. And we can't expect the opportunities that NIU had off so many turnovers.

I do expect us to not Completely flop -- but to actually eat up a little clock, move the ball some, but to be then stopped by OSU most of the time... but at least get some field position to make OSU work for it. I expect our passing to break the 100 yard mark. Not as good as against MSU -- *NO*. But on the flip side, I expect our running game to be a Bit better than against MSU. NIU's offensive line is better than ours, but man -- they were pushing OSU back on the running game. If NIU had the passing game down, they would have won that game with those 5 turnovers. Of course, that would be a Big IF, as it doesn't take a grand team to shut NIU's passing game down on several drives, and OSU has a great pass D. Just saying.
09-21-2015 05:27 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Has OSU played a good passing team yet? No.
09-21-2015 08:47 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Their best pass defense is their pass rush (Joey Bosa). It's a given they have skilled athletes in Secondary.
09-21-2015 08:56 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Has OSU played a good passing team yet? No.

They've faced a very good QB -- Hare. They're AT LEAST conditionally a good passing team. And after our GA-Southern game, and it being early in the season, one can't solidly say that we're in a different & higher category as them as a passing team. With that said, I believe we are better they at least, in one of those "Yeah, we're not going to run it, we're going all pass; you know it, I know it, the crowd knows it," and still be able to pass and move the chains better than NIU in said situations. They mix up the run & pseudo-pass type plays a lot and thrive on it, where we don't thrive on it. Which helps Hare be one of the most efficient QBs out there -- but he can also throw down field pretty well too. However, they don't have the receiver core we do (although TLL *just* came back for them).

In a nutshell -- was that the NIU squad that hard to work 110% to score a decent amt of points on EMU last season? Or was it the NIU team that scorched BGSU on the board when it came to O? I don't know if it was the former, but I can tell you it was no twin of the latter. Our D isn't going to be as good as NIU's, but very possibly our O will be.
09-21-2015 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.