WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Epic Butt whuppin'
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Epic Butt whuppin'
We should have known that this one would be a challenge. What we didn't expect was getting thrashed like we did.

Might be time to dial back the predictions of greatness, at least this season. Murray St is waiting in the weeds to ambush a Bronco team whose press clippings are better than the team appears to be. The sample size is small but not encouraging.

The MSU game was an illusion. Neither team is what they appeared. Broncos played on emotion and it allowed them to make the final score closer than the game really was.

I know I'll get blasted for this, but remember, our 8 wins last season did not come against the upper tier MAC teams, for the most part. GSU is a conference champion, likely on par with NIU and Toledo.

We can recover from this. But it has been painful to watch. That is what expectations do to fans.

On to the Racers.
09-12-2015 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
RE: Epic Butt whuppin'
(09-12-2015 08:05 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  We should have known that this one would be a challenge. What we didn't expect was getting thrashed like we did.

Might be time to dial back the predictions of greatness, at least this season. Murray St is waiting in the weeds to ambush a Bronco team whose press clippings are better than the team appears to be. The sample size is small but not encouraging.

The MSU game was an illusion. Neither team is what they appeared. Broncos played on emotion and it allowed them to make the final score closer than the game really was.

I know I'll get blasted for this, but remember, our 8 wins last season did not come against the upper tier MAC teams, for the most part. GSU is a conference champion, likely on par with NIU and Toledo.

We can recover from this. But it has been painful to watch. That is what expectations do to fans.

On to the Racers.

01-lauramac2 Never thought that I would agree 100% with M.H.B. but this is spot on. We appear to be a ways away from being a conference champion. Fleck needs a few more recruiting classes and lots of time in the weight room for the line men. This was flat out ugly.
09-12-2015 08:10 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
I can't help but think that this game may have been predicated by the fact that our team ( even thought they would never admit it ) thought they were better than they were after the MSU game... Sauntered into GSU and thought they would get an easier opponent to play against... and got PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH... GSU ran it right down our throats... nobody on WMU's defense seemed to play with any sense of urgency or fire... The OL couldn't open a hole in a bowl of jello, WR's were dropping balls all night long and the Special teams were atrocious... Not to mention 0-4 turnover margin...
09-12-2015 08:14 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(09-12-2015 08:14 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I can't help but think that this game may have been predicated by the fact that our team ( even thought they would never admit it ) thought they were better than they were after the MSU game... Sauntered into GSU and thought they would get an easier opponent to play against... and got PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH

I have the same feeling.
09-12-2015 08:15 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
That explains the beginning. The rest of the game they were outplayed and much slower. Also poorly prepared, poor execution on offense, and both halfs were bookends, like nothing changed at halftime.
09-12-2015 08:19 PM
Ubish Offline
All American

it certainly looked like we were expecting to dominate, and when we realized we were the ones getting dominated it was too late.
09-12-2015 08:21 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-12-2015 08:15 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 08:14 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I can't help but think that this game may have been predicated by the fact that our team ( even thought they would never admit it ) thought they were better than they were after the MSU game... Sauntered into GSU and thought they would get an easier opponent to play against... and got PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH

I have the same feeling.

It's 2013 redux.

13-point "moral victory" vs MSU, positive press clippings, then a WTF performance in Game 2. Granted, GSU is in a different league than Nicholls State. But the beatdown tonight really puts things in perspective.

Obviously not anticipating a 1-11 season. But all that "we'll clean up the MAC East and C/EMU and we just need to worry about Toledo and NIU" point of view is now null and void.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 08:24 PM by Motown Bronco.)
09-12-2015 08:23 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

Sure glad we have the highest paid coach in the MAC.
09-12-2015 08:24 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-12-2015 08:24 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  Sure glad we have the highest paid coach in the MAC.

Same reasons I'm very leery of Trump.
09-12-2015 08:29 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-12-2015 08:29 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 08:24 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  Sure glad we have the highest paid coach in the MAC.

Well until you said that I never put it together. 04-rock
09-12-2015 08:29 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(09-12-2015 08:29 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

So if your the donor and the coach lays a massive egg are you obligated to keep overpaying him?
09-12-2015 08:56 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

At least pull Elvira back.
09-12-2015 09:54 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-12-2015 08:05 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  We should have known that this one would be a challenge. What we didn't expect was getting thrashed like we did.

On to the Racers.

Although it is a cliche, I believe in the wise saying that you are never as good as you look after a win and you are never as bad as you look after a loss.

WMU has upgraded the quality of their recruiting and has had solid classes three years in a row. You have the talent on this team to have a successful season. It will be interesting to see if PJ can right the ship. You have not lost a single game in the MAC this season and many/most of your goals are still achievable.
09-13-2015 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.