WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
How do we generate more stampede traffic?
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
I am guessing that there are quite a few of us out there... on the periphery... just watching what happens on this board. Taking in the daily few legit discussions, while wading through the High School level bickering that inevitably erupts...

I say... Once the bull sh$t highschool antics start hijacking a thread... feel free to throw a new one out there.... they hijack that.. then throw another... Lets try to actually get some traction talking REAL evaluation, commentary...links to other sites, other school forums... etc...

It is pathetic that this is our only football forum... other schools must just sit and laugh at us... Notice that we get a few posters from other schools here on our schedule... and within a month... EVEN BEFORE WE PLAY THEM... they just leave ... because this environment is stale, and filled with adolescent antics...

We don't have enough posters to out-weigh the jack-ass responses to offer real response... If I have to thread through 5 pages of bickering about what one poster thinks of another in the middle of a decent conversation... I lose interest... Its just easier to start a new one... it WILL be hijacked... because there are some sad posters on this board that have nothing more than to make it their mission to ruin most things... oh well... there's always a few bad grapes out there ... too bad we can make wine out of these ones...

Lets keep it classy and on topic... wanna piss at each other... than start a I hate you "_____" fill in the blank thread...

We need more traffic... more content... more relevance... I can't sustain my "heroin" level addiction to this college football and WMU football fanaticism without this board to keep me going... and right now... it SUCKS!
09-06-2015 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: How do we generate more stampede traffic?
I will say that the stampede has always had a bunch of really smart and clever regulars; perhaps more so back a few years ago than now though. The problem is that we tend to be like a dysfunctional family. It is what it is though. I am just a little embarrassed that we don't all seem to be on the same page right now in terms of pulling for positive results and progress. This still is a pretty good place to stay connected with our alma matter. Onward and forward.
09-07-2015 10:42 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Branding is key. When that fat blowhard on Bar Rescue goes in to fix a failing bar he always rebrands it with a new catchy name.

The Rowers Review
Coxswain Illustrated
BroCoach Blitz
The HOW
The Process Press
09-07-2015 10:45 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Prefontaine Today
Nekton News
Heartwork Herald
Chemis-Tree Chronicle
Bronconese Bulletin
Oarsmen Observer
Elite Enquirer
09-07-2015 02:15 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
Multi-id u
Fleckapologist central
#brocoach illustrated
Elite apparel #brocoach
http://www.IWishYouWouldJustShutupAndRow.com
09-07-2015 02:20 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:'Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look what you've done
'Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey
Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve them
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey

We could replace "Hey" with "RTB!", but that would only further divide. 03-wink

Quote:The problem is that we tend to be like a dysfunctional family. It is what it is though. I am just a little embarrassed that we don't all seem to be on the same page right now in terms of pulling for positive results and progress. This still is a pretty good place to stay connected with our alma matter. Onward and forward.

It's a combination of some people liking/loving Cubit when he was booted questionably so swiftly by the foot of KB + a questionable hire that brought us to a Bad, not-excused 1-11 (yes, where not just W/L columns told the story there too) + that new hire setting a motif that was in the opposite direction of what "old school" people like. It was Not Liked by most folks when going 1-11, that's for sure -- and understandably so. And certainly hissed at by those who would rather go 6-6/7-5 every year with a D'Antionio-attitude coach than 7-5/8-4 with a spunky "Whoo hoo!" fired-up attitude coach. Especially with those who have had a special place in their hearts for Cubit (see Southpaw - when father & daughter being separated by Child Services).

To me, I don't care if a coach has a D'Antonio-like attitude with the press & team, or a I-drink-5-Red-Bulls-a-day youth counselor attitude to be one of their bro's with the press & team. Once said coach settles into his job, it matters how well they play & how well they're developing (yes, the "process") -- where the W/L columns will end up reflecting that.

To some -- HOW PJ kicked it off, especially amongst those disgruntled about Cubit getting swiftly booted, is still fresh in their minds -- and still have the mentality of basically "Well, he BETTER win the MAC this year," just because of it.

I can see that if a starting QB had a big flashy mouth & mentalty, throwing out his "isms" and being like that -- yes, I totally understand. But that's comparing apples & oranges when it comes to a coach. PJ isn't on the field. His role is Completely different. Just because it gets under one's skin the same way, especially with those who like/love old-school, does Not mean it's the same situation as a player "better perform as a top-tier, like NOW, if he's going to carry THAT mentality in the game".
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 03:44 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-07-2015 03:42 PM
Advertisement

MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(09-06-2015 11:37 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I am guessing that there are quite a few of us out there... on the periphery... just watching what happens on this board. Taking in the daily few legit discussions, while wading through the High School level bickering that inevitably erupts...

I say... Once the bull sh$t highschool antics start hijacking a thread... feel free to throw a new one out there.... they hijack that.. then throw another... Lets try to actually get some traction talking REAL evaluation, commentary...links to other sites, other school forums... etc...

It is pathetic that this is our only football forum... other schools must just sit and laugh at us... Notice that we get a few posters from other schools here on our schedule... and within a month... EVEN BEFORE WE PLAY THEM... they just leave ... because this environment is stale, and filled with adolescent antics...

We don't have enough posters to out-weigh the jack-ass responses to offer real response... If I have to thread through 5 pages of bickering about what one poster thinks of another in the middle of a decent conversation... I lose interest... Its just easier to start a new one... it WILL be hijacked... because there are some sad posters on this board that have nothing more than to make it their mission to ruin most things... oh well... there's always a few bad grapes out there ... too bad we can make wine out of these ones...

Lets keep it classy and on topic... wanna piss at each other... than start a I hate you "_____" fill in the blank thread...

We need more traffic... more content... more relevance... I can't sustain my "heroin" level addiction to this college football and WMU football fanaticism without this board to keep me going... and right now... it SUCKS!

04-cheers04-cheers Exactly what I've said more than once. But then us old jock sniffers don't know squat. It would be nice to get rid of the high school mentality. Here's hoping.
09-07-2015 03:58 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

But it never seems to materialize does it. In fact posters have left in drives, many for another message board.

This message board stays small and insignificant by choice.

Read the MSU 247 board. It's nuts, but it has mega traffic. Same goes for a half dozen other boards they have. This dump is a collection of whiners, snitches, and goose stepping yes men trying to control the message. That is a formula for what you have............small, insignificant, barely known to the outside world.
09-07-2015 04:51 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-07-2015 04:51 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  But it never seems to materialize does it. In fact posters have left in drives, many for another message board.

This message board stays small and insignificant by choice.

Read the MSU 247 board. It's nuts, but it has mega traffic. Same goes for a half dozen other boards they have. This dump is a collection of whiners, snitches, and goose stepping yes men trying to control the message. That is a formula for what you have............small, insignificant, barely known to the outside world.

I swear some hired guns patrolled this board to quash the conversation at one time. Guess they didn't count on the farmers. 03-shhhh

Heard Rutgers had the same dynamic.

Another board? The HELL you say!?! 07-coffee3
09-07-2015 04:57 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I've never understood... if those who say they hate this place so much, why do you continue to show up? Especially if there are "other boards" out there and people "leaving in droves" flocking to them. Don't get what you're complaining about. I say quit the whining yourselves and talk WMU sports with the rest of us... or... sounds like you've got some options.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 05:06 PM by Hoekjeness.)
09-07-2015 05:05 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-07-2015 05:05 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  I've never understood... if those who say they hate this place so much, why do you continue to show up? Especially if there are "other boards" out there and people "leaving in droves" flocking to them. Don't get what you're complaining about. I say quit the whining yourselves and talk WMU sports with the rest of us... or... sounds like you've got some options.

To paraphrase what you said when you had one of your meltdowns and returned, "why should I let a few posters ruin it for me, I'll post here when I want".

I don't hate the place, I'm expressing my support for #brocoach 04-rock 04-cheers
09-07-2015 05:11 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Oh please, there are people who were on these boards when you were still sucking your thumb. Why should they leave because a handful of people are constantly trying to make everyone conform to some lofty standard of decorum and civility.

We spend our entire lives/careers conforming. Even on Facebook I have blowhard left wing friends constantly throwing their nutty ideology on me. But I know them, work with them, and in some cases work for them. So there too you conform.

The beauty of a sports message board is sports isn't all tat important in the big scheme of things. You can go ti a sports message board, say what you want, be a jerk, be a nice person and while it may generate heated discussions it's not the end of the world. But alas the kind of outlandish freedom you find on most boards is not available here.

Does the NIU board have four times the traffic because it's four times as big as WMU?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 05:34 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-07-2015 05:32 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-07-2015 04:51 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Read the MSU 247 board. It's nuts, but it has mega traffic. Same goes for a half dozen other boards they have.

Short of WMU joining the Big Ten, becoming an annual fixture in the Top 20 and gaining thousands of "walmart broncos," no WMU board will ever approach the action of the RCMB.

That goes for all MAC schools. NIU's is probably the only MAC board appreciably "larger" than this one, and it's solely because they're on several consecutive years of 10+ win seasons, including an Orange Bowl appearance (not to mention much lesser in-state competition... NW and Ill don't hold a candle to the pulling power of UM and MSU). And even they aren't in the same galaxy as RCMB.
09-07-2015 05:53 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Not trying to create the next red cedar board... just saying that there are quite a few more posters out there that have likely more to say ... and we need to hear from them... and they may know people that may also want to have a great place to discuss WMU sports...

It was just a shot in the dark anyway...
09-07-2015 05:58 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

Cool, someone from "that other board" will reach out to them. Very nice atmosphere there, I'm sure new peeps would enjoy.
09-07-2015 06:02 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't even know what you mean by "that other board"?????
09-07-2015 06:06 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(09-07-2015 05:32 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Why should they leave because a handful of people are constantly trying to make everyone conform to some lofty standard of decorum and civility.

Seems to me like the "other board" that was created has just been a colossal failure.
09-07-2015 06:24 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-07-2015 06:24 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 05:32 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Why should they leave because a handful of people are constantly trying to make everyone conform to some lofty standard of decorum and civility.

Seems to me like the "other board" that was created has just been a colossal failure.

It's 14 years old!! 03-lmfao
09-07-2015 06:26 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I tried to find it using the google machine...only found other graveyard forums. Oh wait, are we talking about an Illinois message board?
09-07-2015 06:38 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-07-2015 06:38 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  I tried to find it using the google machine...only found other graveyard forums. Oh wait, are we talking about an Illinois message board?

05-stirthepot
03-lmfao
09-07-2015 06:39 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.