Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Here's what I learned at practice today........
Bookmark and Share
IamN2daRockets Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT Rockets -
Here's what I learned at practice today........
I have removed this post in the best interests of the UT football program. I made a fundamental error in not obtaining proper clearance before posting. This is elementary stuff but I still "screwed-up". I am doing a "mea culpa" and hopefully all will be forgiven.

I absolutely love UT football, always have, and was too quick to share.

Go Rockets!
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 04:22 PM by IamN2daRockets.)
08-28-2015 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Here's what I learned at practice today........
(08-28-2015 02:42 PM)IamN2daRockets Wrote:  1. Bryce Harris and Cameron Bell only two Frosh on OL 2 deep
2. Staff think Mitchy G. is the REAL deal at QB and a program changing QB. He is exceeding expectations. He can run very well and his arm is as good or better than advertised.
3. Art Thompkins RB is going to play as a true Frosh. Very"explosive" per coaches.
4. As stated Nick P. of the Blade Josh Teachey is cat quick and will see field as true frosh at CB.
5. Chris Norwood is still only about 85 to 90% recovered and he will likely not see field until mid-season. More time to recover. No need to push say the coaches.
6. Nevonne McCrimmon RB (2015 recruit) is on campus and doing well and will participate in 2016 spring practice. Coaches say he is in great shape and on-board with program come next spring.
7. Staff not optimistic about Ely getting granted Jr status. Decision looming by next Wednesday.
8. Chandler Cotterman got his 1st concussion last week and is being held out of practice for a week or so.
9. Staff is very very high on both Coeling and Davis at DT.
10. Darrion Landry is officially an academic casualty and it sounds like his situation will not be easily rectified. Do not expect to ever see him in a Rocket uniform. Staff feels like they traded up with Diontae Johnson. Kid is "awesome".
11. Jameson Vest performing very well in practice but coaches say with kickers its all about game performance.
12. Mckinley-Lewis performing well at WR but may RS.
13. Staff will only take one more OL recruit for 2016 if it is an elite T. Otherwise done on OL for 2016.
14. Staff now focusing on LB's for 2016 with 3 players targeted by UT. Cannot reveal names at present.
15. Tyler Taafe has also exceeded expectations and is looking very very good.
16. UT still talking daily to Calvin Jackson (2016 WR potential recruit). He committed and then decommitted but UT still confident they are in the "hunt".
17. Michael Julian still in running with Nick Ellis for #1 P.
18. UT still targeting a passing QB for 2016. The two QB's recruited for 2016 (Kisner & Phillips) will most likely be return men, DB's, WR's or special situation QB's.

Great info! Thank you for all the updates.04-cheers
08-28-2015 04:44 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Really appreciate the post. Sounds like there is a lot of competition. I am not surprised some freshmen are representing. It is cool to get a snapshot. Thompkins must be special if is likely to see the field with Toledo RB depth.
08-29-2015 09:47 PM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
1. Bryce Harris and Cameron Bell. 2 deep?? If so, that would be awesome.

3. Art Thompkins. They must have promised him he could play to get him. O/W, with Hunt, Swanson, and DJM in the lineup, it makes zero sense. You can always use a good return man, though.

6. Nevonne McCrimmon. OK, now THAT is AWESOME!

7. Ely eligibility. NOT awesome. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 09:18 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
08-29-2015 11:38 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

Is Central Catholic's Chris Green going to play? He did not play at Central last year so he must want to see some action this season.
08-30-2015 07:21 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-30-2015 07:21 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Is Central Catholic's Chris Green going to play? He did not play at Central last year so he must want to see some action this season.

Chris Green = Chris Norwood
08-30-2015 10:16 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

(08-30-2015 10:16 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(08-30-2015 07:21 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Is Central Catholic's Chris Green going to play? He did not play at Central last year so he must want to see some action this season.

Chris Green = Chris Norwood

Be nice if he could get some quality practice time at least. Two years of no game experience would be tough.
08-30-2015 10:53 AM
Advertisement

Rocket75 Offline
1st String

Any word on who will be the starting punter?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 10:58 AM by Rocket75.)
08-30-2015 10:55 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
@NickPiotrowicz
Chaz Whittaker and DeJuan Rogers will start at safety Thursday against Stony Brook.
08-30-2015 05:22 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(08-30-2015 10:55 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Any word on who will be the starting punter?

Kareem. It's a nitch in the special teams. Actually we have an entire kickoff return team of wide receivers so anyone can return the ball. Campbell has gone rogue on the rest of college football. A number 77 will also be taking snaps at QB. Watch out MAC!
08-31-2015 02:55 AM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

(08-31-2015 02:55 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(08-30-2015 10:55 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Any word on who will be the starting punter?

Kareem. It's a nitch in the special teams. Actually we have an entire kickoff return team of wide receivers so anyone can return the ball. Campbell has gone rogue on the rest of college football. A number 77 will also be taking snaps at QB. Watch out MAC!

Yeah, but will any of them block?!?!?
08-31-2015 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.