WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Broncos 2015 Season
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
Broncos 2015 Season
I'm no longer going to be making any more predictions. Besides of my job I'm hardly ever in the area and my only access to the internet is my phone or my company's tablet and since I already let myself look like an idiot when I let my thoughts and opinions known, I don't need anymore help doing what seems to come naturally to me. But I'm going to just share a quick thought for each game.

MSU - A win would be a dream come true but that reality will say it's probably just another nightmare.
GSU - One of the better non-power conference matchups early on. Both teams health after week one (Georgia Southern plays at WVU) will go a long way in determining which team will win this game.
Murray State - Although it's highly unlikely, this game, a rematch of last season's Broncos victory, could very well be a trap game or end up foreshadowing a dismal season like the game against Nichols State in 2013. Most likely it will be a repeat of last season's contest.
Ohio State - I think we would need Moses to part the Red Sea and Noah to rebuild the ark to have a chance to be even close at halftime.
Central - Some unknowns with this team up north. It will be hard for them to steal one at Waldo.
Ohio - Never underestimate or look past a Frank Solich coached team.
Miami - Would love to see the peace pipe trophy brought back. When Miami is on top of their game they are always tough for the Broncos to beat.
Eastern - Will never pick the dirty birds to beat the Broncos in anything, especially football. Hopefully the Broncos can break some long standing game records in this game.
BSU - Always a tough opponent for the Broncos. They will be looking to get some revenge for last season's second half collapse.
BGSU - See the comments for BSU, the same thing can be said here.
NIU - Until someone beats them, no matter how you try to spin it, the Huskies are still the best in the MAC. When was the last time the Broncos won in DeKalb? To win the MAC West, we have to beat the Huskies.
Toledo - Always another tough matchup for the Broncos and the other stumbling block to winning the west.

If the Broncos can put up solid performances against MSU and OSU and win a tough one at Georgia Southern (if you go prepare the swarms of gnats) and take care of business when Murray State comes calling, this could very well be one of the most memorable season in Broncos football history.
08-25-2015 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

I Root For: Row The Boat
RE: Broncos 2015 Season
Home-field in the MAC is way overrated, in my opinion. You're usually playing in front of half-empty stadiums, and even then the crowd is not entirely engaged. When we play Toledo and NIU, during November MACtion............the crowds tend to be even worse.

There might be some nuances that are particular to each stadium, something the home team might have a slight advantage with. But for the most part, I think home or away, MAC teams play on an even field when all things are considered.
08-25-2015 08:27 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
I'll bite.

MSU - Loss
GSU - Win
Murray - Win
Ohio State - Loss
CMU - Win
Ohio - Win
Miami - Win
EMU - Win
Ball State - Win
BGSU - Win
NIU - Loss
Toledo - Loss

I see 8-4, maybe 7-5. Having MSU and OSU on the schedule the same year sucks.
08-25-2015 08:28 PM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

(08-25-2015 08:28 PM)Nacho Wrote:  I'll bite.

MSU - Loss
GSU - Win
Murray - Win
Ohio State - Loss
CMU - Win
Ohio - Win
Miami - Win
EMU - Win
Ball State - Win
BGSU - Win
NIU - Loss
Toledo - Loss

I see 8-4, maybe 7-5. Having MSU and OSU on the schedule the same year sucks.

Do Spartan fans take this game for granted.......easy win? Just curious.
08-25-2015 08:29 PM
PezkingGL Offline
Bench Warmer

I think some see it being closer than predicted but all see as an easy W most likely.
08-25-2015 08:31 PM
PezkingGL Offline
Bench Warmer

And by closer than predicted I mean 14-21 points.
08-25-2015 08:33 PM
Advertisement

ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

(08-25-2015 08:31 PM)PezkingGL Wrote:  I think some see it being closer than predicted but all see as an easy W most likely.

I figured that's the way it is. I really hope they are overlooking us since the Oregon game looms.
08-25-2015 08:35 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

Most see it as a 4 TD+ win. Pound green pound, WMU throw 9 in the box to stop the run and MSU burns ya with a long TD pass.

Some realize that MSU has a history of sucking early on in the season and see that WMU has a solid coach. Heck, MSU played like **** @ home against EMU a couple years ago and easily could have gotten beat if a few things went the other way. They won 23-7 but it was 9-7 going into the fourth quarter. Granted MSU wasn't as good that year (2012) but as an MSU fan... this is more of how I feel and I am slightly worried it will be closer than 2 TDs.
08-25-2015 08:36 PM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

(08-25-2015 08:36 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Most see it as a 4 TD+ win. Pound green pound, WMU throw 9 in the box to stop the run and MSU burns ya with a long TD pass.

Some realize that MSU has a history of sucking early on in the season and see that WMU has a solid coach. Heck, MSU played like **** @ home against EMU a couple years ago and easily could have gotten beat if a few things went the other way. They won 23-7 but it was 9-7 going into the fourth quarter. Granted MSU wasn't as good that year (2012) but as an MSU fan... this is more of how I feel and I am slightly worried it will be closer than 2 TDs.

I sort of remember that game.........but didn't realize it was 9-7 going into the 4th. That's unreal.

State is going to have the advantage on both lines. I think adrenaline and a good game plane can keep it close in the 1st half. After that, I don't know. Don't turnover the ball (which is always our achilles heel in these big10 games) and maybe we have a chance. Central has beaten them several times, but I'm not sure they were ever preseason #5.
08-25-2015 08:42 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(08-25-2015 08:27 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  Home-field in the MAC is way overrated, in my opinion.

I agree. Look at WMU last season. We had the homefield advantage vs Toledo and NIU and lost. Ball St and Bowling Green St had the homefield advantage and lost. All teams that lost of those 4 games had the lead had some point.
I say we win at least one of NIU or Toledo. The only real question mark is Georgia St.

Michigan St - Loss
Georgia St - Win
Murray St - Win
Ohio St - Loss
Central Michigan - Win
Ohio - Win
Miami - Win
Eastern Michigan - Win
Ball State - Win
Bowling Green St - Win
Northern Illinois - Win
Toledo - Loss

If we live up to the hype/recruiting, no reason why we can't go as above.
A disaster season has us too beat up after Ohio St and we lose to Central, as well as Ball St and Ohio improving.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 08:52 PM by Bronco'14.)
08-25-2015 08:51 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
You may want to change that from Georgia St. to Georgia So. Those Eagles fans are rather sensitive to people calling them Georgia St.
08-25-2015 09:01 PM
Advertisement

goldsworth Offline
1st String

Loosing to Toledo and Northern Illinois would be a dissapointment. I would expect WMU has the talent to go 9 and 3 this year.
08-26-2015 06:03 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2015 06:03 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  Loosing to Toledo and Northern Illinois would be a dissapointment. I would expect WMU has the talent to go 9 and 3 this year.

I know but I seem to believe we've always played like crap at those two venues... Correct me if I'm wrong.
08-26-2015 08:02 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-26-2015 08:02 AM)Nacho Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 06:03 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  Loosing to Toledo and Northern Illinois would be a dissapointment. I would expect WMU has the talent to go 9 and 3 this year.

I know but I seem to believe we've always played like crap at those two venues... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cubit won twice at Toledo, once in DeKalb.

That's why Fleck was hired - not to maintain status quo.
08-26-2015 08:15 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Loosing to Toledo and Northern Illinois would be a dissapointment. I would expect WMU has the talent to go 9 and 3 this year.

One's record outlook is going to be based on their schedule though, too. We don't have the talent to go 9-3 this year, given our schedule. @Toledo and @NIU. And also @GA-Southern, who crushed Florida before joining regular D1 last year, and going undefeated in the Sun Belt and almost beating highly-ranked GA-Tech. And also playing National Champs @OSU, and highly-ranked Michigan State. So no, expectations should not even be 9-3. For those who still have their Cubit posters up on their bedroom walls, Cubit taking evil-genius-mastermind pills wouldn't be able to do it.

We have today's talent to go 9-3 last year. This year, 7-5 -- maybe 8-4. NIU definitely has the talent and schedule to go 9-3. Toledo the same. Not BGSU due to their crazy OOC schedule (and having to play @WMU and Toledo). BGSU is going to be one of those teams later in the year that will be better than their record indicates. I bet my balls on that one!
08-26-2015 09:10 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
We don't have the talent to go 9-3?

So why do we have the talent to win the MAC next year. Both UT and NIU return a lot of key players then as well.

GA Southern? Lost a lot of players and are playing without their starting QB. We can't beat them?

NIU is totally beatable.

Frankly I think the schedule sets up just as well this year as next year.

As for what Cubit could or could not do. He won 9 in a year, he beat the the Pig Ten 3 times, he sent several players to the NFL, and he did multiple bowls. All of which are my major issues with Bro. He has tried to rewrite history to make any moducum of success on his part seem like a first in program history.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2015 09:29 AM by Chipdip2.)
08-26-2015 09:17 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Cubit was 17-20 his last three years. Fleck will have to go 8-4 this year to equal that.

He was hired to elevate the program ("elite") not steady as she goes.

If, as someone posted earlier, he has done such a great job coaching-developing players left by Cubit and now has three years of his own highly-ranked recruits, 8-4 or better is not unreasonable.
08-26-2015 09:30 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(08-26-2015 09:17 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  We don't have the talent to go 9-3?

So why do we have the talent to win the MAC next year. Both UT and NIU return a lot of key players then as well.

GA Southern? Lost a lot of players and are playing without their starting QB. We can't beat them?

NIU is totally beatable.

Frankly I think the schedule sets up just as well this year as next year.

As for what Cubit could or could not do. He won 9 in a year, he beat the the Pig Ten 3 times, he sent several players to the NFL, and he did multiple bowls. All of which are my major issues with Bro. He has tried to rewrite history to make any moducum of success on his part seem like a first in program history.

Just curious Dip, which games to you predict we will win this year, and which do you have us losing?
08-26-2015 09:35 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(08-26-2015 09:30 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Cubit was 17-20 his last three years. Fleck will have to go 8-4 this year to equal that.

He was hired to elevate the program ("elite") not steady as she goes.

If, as someone posted earlier, he has done such a great job coaching-developing players left by Cubit and now has three years of his own highly-ranked recruits, 8-4 or better is not unreasonable.

If you were betting the ranch, would you bet on WMU winning 8 games or more this year? What games do you expect we will lose?
08-26-2015 09:38 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

We lose to MSU and OSU, either UT or NIU. Win the rest. Then MACC game. 10 wins going into bowl game.
08-26-2015 09:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.